Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where are you mentally?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Apathetic about our season and program. Have been since December. I'm just hoping Dan walks away in the offseason and we can get someone that can coach and recruit well.
    Yep. Its sad where we are considering were we could and should be. Thanks Dan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Where'sWaldo View Post
    I may be in the minority but at this point a loss to Kentucky or Samford wouldn't sting that bad. I've conceded the season and will support the team and be at the games but will have zero emotional investment based on the outcome. I'm 27 and have been a bulldog all my life. I'd be interested to see where everyone is mentally with this team and how that corresponds with age. I just can't get pissed off at Mullen at this point. I know if he tanks this year and next he's gone so this is his ship to fix. There's nothing getting pissed off is going to help at this point imo.
    A loss to UK won't sting at all andn won't really impact my view of the team/Dan. We suck. UK sucks. Basically a coin flip. Win or lose doesn't change that much.

If we lose to Samford, it won't sting, but it will impact my view of the team/Dan, and I'll be ready to go ahead and bit the bullet and fire him, unless he shows some fire that includes firing Hevesy, and running off some upperclassmen.

vCash
    Losing to Samford should be an automatic dismissal. I don't think we will lose to Samford though.

vCash

Excited!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Where'sWaldo View Post
    I may be in the minority but at this point a loss to Kentucky or Samford wouldn't sting that bad. I've conceded the season and will support the team and be at the games but will have zero emotional investment based on the outcome. I'm 27 and have been a bulldog all my life. I'd be interested to see where everyone is mentally with this team and how that corresponds with age. I just can't get pissed off at Mullen at this point. I know if he tanks this year and next he's gone so this is his ship to fix. There's nothing getting pissed off is going to help at this point imo.
    About basketball season.

vCash
    I'm 61 years old, I was a freshman in 1973. I fell in love with MSU in the 7th grade when I went there for a 4-H state contest. I have seen the worst and the best (2014, thank The Good Lord for letting me see #1). I will always love our school and I will always support her. I go into every game with optimism, no matter how unrealistic that seems. I have been to Omaha and bowl games and more football, basketball games (men and women), and baseball games than I can count.
    Mentally where do I stand? I've seen worse, but I have faith in our school and I love it and the people, who like me love it. We'll be okay. Hail State!

vCash

vCash
    I'm also 61, raised a Dawg, carried to 1st game in '63, UNM/State. Transfered to State from NEMCC, Spring 1975. Family has kept season tickets since the early 70's. 15 year old son and six other family members go to all home games. I, too have seen worse, but never expected to see us this bad again, especially under Mullen this quickly since #1. Think we might beat KY, better beat Samford, and expect to get beat soundly by the rest with Bama playing everyone including the waterboy, and The Rev putting 60 on us if he can ( will be worse than Croome's last game). That we can put a complete OL on the field that only has SEC offers from us is very disgusting. I don't expect better in 2017. Very stoic at this time.

vCash
    Done.

vCash
    After Auburn I was ready to tune out but they fought BYU and I plan on watching rest of season .I'm hoping for a few more wins starting Sturday.I'm also interested in the smouldering wreck that's developing up North and starting with Saturday's Coach O ass s!tomping of ol pissy my channel changer will be flipping like never before.Hail State

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I'm also 61, raised a Dawg, carried to 1st game in '63, UNM/State. Transfered to State from NEMCC, Spring 1975. Family has kept season tickets since the early 70's. 15 year old son and six other family members go to all home games. I, too have seen worse, but never expected to see us this bad again, especially under Mullen this quickly since #1. Think we might beat KY, better beat Samford, and expect to get beat soundly by the rest with Bama playing everyone including the waterboy, and The Rev putting 60 on us if he can ( will be worse than Croome's last game). That we can put a complete OL on the field that only has SEC offers from us is very disgusting. I don't expect better in 2017. Very stoic at this time.
    Keep the faith!

vCash
    I wouldn't say still cautiously optistic. I would call it... still interested but guarding my heart.

I feel like we ought to best the Cats, even though I haven't predicted as much. Samford is a W. We'll end up giving TAMU and/or UPIG s good game. If so, there's always a chance we steal one. As the developing circus up north, I'm way short of calling for a win but I like our chances more and more each week as the train wreck gets worse and worse.

As for Dan.... I'm all but completely done. When I say not 100% I mean like 92.3% ...He can still win me back but that likely involves a bowl and/or beating TSUN with renewed vigor in him and full commitment to MSU.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    I don't know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch with this team. Still hoping for a miracle but rapidly losing faith.
    I think the majority of this board cares more than the coaches and some administration people.
    Here is hoping for a reversal of fortune, but I just don't see it. I just hate to get EMBARRASSED and there is a good chance that will happen the rest of the year
    I thought we were past being the laughing stock of the league but unfortunately we are not. Thats what discourages me.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Done, Auburn killed my give a shit.

vCash
    I thought we were off this weekend???

vCash
    I am defeated. That is where I am.

The Auburn game....I was hoping that State would bounce back and erase the USA game. It did nothing but affirm that the USA game wasn't a fluke and we are in fact...not good.

The BYU game.....Ok, there is still a chance we could get to 6-6. Nope. Shot ourselves in the foot over and over. Opportunity lost.

Now, we have winnable games in UK and Samford. HOWEVER......HERE IS MY PROBLEM.....

Not since the 2009 Egg Bowl have we pulled a big upset. NOT ONE Fn TIME since 2009! Sure we beat UF in the swamp in 2010. They lost 5 games that year. We were good. LSU game 2014......same deal. They lost 5 games and we were very good. So, there is two big wins there but we were the better team even though we were the perceived underdog going into the game.

There were a number... MANY ..games over the last 7 years that were pivotal games for us. Arkansas 2010/ OM 12,14,15/ Bama 12, 14/ Northwestern 12/ Ga Tech 14. Just off the top of my head. We lost every one. We had good teams too. SO my point to all this, I could have some hope that in these next two games. We find some rhythm, confidence and the team comes together. THen we upset Arkansas and OM. However, I have seen Mullen's teams in must win situations a number of times....loss after loss. T

This season does set up similar to 2013 but Arkansas was bad in 2013. OM was decent but not as good as this year. Also, Nickoe Whitely is not playing.

I have no faith that Dan can pull a single upset, much less two upsets to finish 6-6.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I want to see maximum effort and improved play from young guys, especially qb development. I can sell myself that 5-7 is essentially where I thought we'd be sans a missed 27 yard field goal against usa.
    I'd be thrilled with 5-7 at this point. That would mean we beat one of Arkansas, OM, A&M (lol), or Bama (double lol). Which would mean that we've greatly improved our play and our effort on the field. Right now all 4 of those teams would steamroll us.

Banned
    vCash
    Any of you saying you don't give a shit, are lying. If that were true, you wouldn't be on this board.

I am still of the opinion that Mullen succeeding here would be best for all parties. If that means he leaves us, so be it. At least we won't be the coaching graveyard anymore. And I'd really like to keep this winning streak over Kentucky alive.

vCash
    I'm no longer planning my weekend around college football like I do when we're good....but I AM excited to watch this team develop and grow. I enjoy seeing the future of the program, and to see young guys get better each game. It is definitely less stressful when expectations are lowered, but I'll still be tuned in and excited to watch tomorrow night.

Back when Croom was here and we sucked....I was much younger, but I learned to start watching other things like individual matchups or position groups, to see how some of our younger talent was looking. It was a way to still have interest even after the bowl hopes were gone or if we were down big...bc I can't make myself turn it off. I love the Dawgs too much.

I think our fans wanting Dan gone are giving up too quickly. I think he turns it around. That being said, I've grown up a lot, and was quick to jump on the "Fire Him!" train not too long ago in my life....so I understand where some people are coming from. I also know that he's getting next year regardless, so I wish we'd all come together, quit saying you want him gone, so that we don't sabotage our entire recruiting class. Everyone bitches about talent, then spends an entire season convincing recruits that our coach is leaving or will be fired on message boards, twitter, facebook, etc. Your voices aren't getting him fired this year, so all you're doing is making a tough recruiting job even tougher. But that's just me.

#PullTheRope
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 10-21-2016 at 10:15 AM.

vCash

I am okay with our new AD keeping Mullen IF

*we get a new OL coach who can coach and RECRUIT. This should be non negotiable.

*Review the strength coach at end of season. We are not physical enough to date and Auburn pushed us around like we were a high school team.

*Review Sirmon's performance in these last 6 games. If the defense is not stout/aggressive, need to cut our losses and go another direction. Get a successful DC.

* DO NOT LOSE T . BUCKLEY. the guy seems to be our best recruiter and is getting us into Florida...land of many blue chip studs.

* the TE coach is not a successful recruiter. we need a TE coach who is.

*Knox the rb coach has had some recruiting success. i am 50/50 with him.

*review the defensive line coach. A stout defensive line can keep you in a game where the offense is struggling. So far am not happy with what we have seen.

If Dan stays, we need an overhaul on asst coaching. the new AD must be onboard, because you have to pay up $$ to get quality assts.

vCash
    Yeah, I care. I care too much. I'll watch our game Saturday night (not LSU). I'll be at the Samford game.

However I have zero confidence we win at UK and even if we do....zero confidence we pull off an upset down the stretch.