Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With post 4K I pose a question to the 8 remaining Mullen backers..

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash

With post 4K I pose a question to the 8 remaining Mullen backers..

If Dan took an old metal golf spike to your face in a stomping fashion, would you allow him one or two more attempts to determine how bad the first one felt?

This analogy is essentially what he has done to our program, yet there are some who want to continue to allow it. It's beyond insanity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    If Dan took an old metal golf spike to your face in a stomping fashion, would you allow him one or two more attempts to determine how bad the first one felt?

This analogy is essentially what he has done to our program, yet there are some who want to continue to allow it. It's beyond insanity.
    tell me again ... how many losing years has Mullen had other than the first year ? .......... What he has done for our program ???? I understand the frustration but this analogy is just way wrong ... if we diss on him then we could at least acknowledge what he has done for us.... I'm not necessarily a Mullen supporter but I am a realist
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    It's progress. I think the general consensus seems to be "he should get one more year but I wouldn't be mad if he left." That's a long way from Todd4State you are crazy for saying that Dan doesn't care anymore in December and that we will decline if Dan stays.

vCash
    Are there 8 left? ***

I would be ok with giving him another year to show something IF the rumor of a verbal between Dan and another school (that RP posted) isn't true.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Are there 8 left? ***

I would be ok with giving him another year to show something IF the rumor of a verbal between Dan and another school (that RP posted) isn't true.
    Trying to give benefit of the doubt with how close our most recent moral victory was.

vCash
    I'm with Todd4state. He has earned another year but if he leaves I'm good with it.

vCash

Goodness, you people have lost your minds.

Boomhauer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    tell me again ... how many losing years has Mullen had other than the first year ? .......... What he has done for our program ???? I understand the frustration but this analogy is just way wrong ... if we diss on him then we could at least acknowledge what he has done for us.... I'm not necessarily a Mullen supporter but I am a realist
    Well let me ask this question, u say dont dismiss him cause what he has done for us, what is his record against ranked teams, this is is 8th year and this is the team he puts on the field, we going to be in the 30s again with this 2017 class, what gives anybody hope next year we are turning the corner, it is going to be the same team that is going to be at best 3 wins back on the field.we have had really one good year under him, last year we won 9 games but how many of those even had a winning record. I for one think it is time to not be ok with just beating our 4 non conf games and beating kentucky,mizzo, vandy and going to a bowel.he is 0 and 7 against al,1 and 7 against lsu,2 and 5 against au,2 and 5 against ark.I am not trying to be down or start a argument, but would we really be that bad if we let him go.I mean if just reaching a bowel game is what most msu fans want then dan is ur man, but me i want to compete with teams other than kentucky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Goodness, you people have lost your minds.
    Dude, if you can't see that the only reason we aren't winning the sec year-in, year-out is mullen, I can't help you. I mean, we pay 4 million a year**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg27 View Post
    Well let me ask this question, u say dont dismiss him cause what he has done for us, what is his record against ranked teams, this is is 8th year and this is the team he puts on the field, we going to be in the 30s again with this 2017 class, what gives anybody hope next year we are turning the corner, it is going to be the same team that is going to be at best 3 wins back on the field.we have had really one good year under him, last year we won 9 games but how many of those even had a winning record. I for one think it is time to not be ok with just beating our 4 non conf games and beating kentucky,mizzo, vandy and going to a bowel.he is 0 and 7 against al,1 and 7 against lsu,2 and 5 against au,2 and 5 against ark.I am not trying to be down or start a argument, but would we really be that bad if we let him go.I mean if just reaching a bowel game is what most msu fans want then dan is ur man, but me i want to compete with teams other than kentucky.
    3-5 against AU 2-2 the last 4 years and 4-3 against Ark 4 straight. 5 teams of our 9 wins had winning records.

Boomhauer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    3-5 against AU 2-2 the last 4 years and 4-3 against Ark 4 straight. 5 teams of our 9 wins had winning records.
    I did not realize we beat au 3 times, Ok what do u see that dan is going to turn this around, and i am trying to be sarcastic what do u think, i so hope he can, i am not trying to throw the bus at dan i just think that after 8 yrs we should be better than we are,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg27 View Post
    I did not realize we beat au 3 times, Ok what do u see that dan is going to turn this around, and i am trying to be sarcastic what do u think, i so hope he can, i am not trying to throw the bus at dan i just think that after 8 yrs we should be better than we are,
    Just to address the 8 year deal, that is an arbitrary number as many good coaches have a down year at some arbitrary point. Should Michigan St fire Dantonio, he is in year 10? There have been multiple coaches who have had a losing season or even more and bounce back. Gary Patterson at TCU had a Losing season in year 5 and went 4-8 in year 14, etc. The arbitrary, we shouldn't have X record in a coaches X year is not a justified argument.

My main thing has been the season has to play out and we should have open discussions at that time. A lot of what is said is emotional posts because we are struggling, the interview with Miami eroded some of the positives he built (which when he was first hired 95% of the fans were more than ok with us being a stepping stone school) or agenda narratives that have been pushed since 2013.

Boomhauer
    vCash
    Just to address the 8 year deal, that is an arbitrary number as many good coaches have a down year at some arbitrary point. Should Michigan St fire Dantonio, he is in year 10? There have been multiple coaches who have had a losing season or even more and bounce back. Gary Patterson at TCU had a Losing season in year 5 and went 4-8 in year 14, etc. The arbitrary, we shouldn't have X record in a coaches X year is not a justified argument.

My main thing has been the season has to play out and we should have open discussions at that time. A lot of what is said is emotional posts because we are struggling, the interview with Miami eroded some of the positives he built (which when he was first hired 95% of the fans were more than ok with us being a stepping stone school) or agenda narratives that have been pushed since 2013.
    U make a good point, alot of it is people are emotional about it i know i am. i am down i guess but on the other hand i am not so down that we have a down year i just am upset that we are this down. but u right he has done good things so i guess we should just this play out.we have 6 games left lets see how he gets this team to respond.

vCash

I don't think it's the wins and losses for most people. It's that we look totally unprepared for any game we've been in this year except for USCe and possibly BYU. The impression is that DM doesn't care. I'm ok with a team that is trying but losing. I'm not ok with a team that appears to be going thru the motions because the coach is possibly looking for another job. I was watching the Auburn game with my 75 year old mother. She's been a State fan for as long as I can remember and loves to watch MSU football, basketball, and baseball. While flipping between games she basically said she couldn't understand why all the other teams had players that appeared to be hitting, tackling, and hustling while ours appeared to just be on the field not caring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    I don't think it's the wins and losses for most people. It's that we look totally unprepared for any game we've been in this year except for USCe and possibly BYU. The impression is that DM doesn't care. I'm ok with a team that is trying but losing. I'm not ok with a team that appears to be going thru the motions because the coach is possibly looking for another job. I was watching the Auburn game with my 75 year old mother. She's been a State fan for as long as I can remember and loves to watch MSU football, basketball, and baseball. While flipping between games she basically said she couldn't understand why all the other teams had players that appeared to be hitting, tackling, and hustling while ours appeared to just be on the field not caring.
    I get what you are saying but a struggling team looks that way. TCU's 4-8 year had near losses and a blow out loss to a 5-7 Texas, lost to a 4-8 WVU, barely beat a 3-9 Iowa State team, etc. A team struggling looks like that.

vCash
    Fishdawg, is your quote at the bottom of your post supposed to be a slap at c34 or to make him look smart?
    C-34: on NOV 30, 2015

"But if you think we overachieved this season- you are an idiot. If Mullen wins more than 6 next year- that will be overachieving".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    Yes. It's how we look. Totally unprepared, not tough, won't hit folks, mental errors, etc. Like they ain't even coached.

Having said that, I also want to do better against OM, TAM, and LSU. Would like to beat Bama once every 6 or so years but have given up on that one. But losing like we do so consistently against the others is not something I think should be happening. In other words, 7 years from now I don't want it to be 6 - 42 or whatever against those 4 teams since TAM & Freeze came into the league. This year is shaping up like another 0-fer year against those 4 teams.

vCash

A ridiculous post....
    Last edited by K9 Avenger; 10-16-2016 at 09:30 PM.

vCash

What coach, that MSU would want, would come here if Mullen was fired this year after what he has achieved at MSU, when people said there was no way he could be successful here? In addition, putting Dak and other players in the NFL. Seems like all the people supposedly in the know, said this would not be a good year, after Dak, but some of us didn't believe it. If Mullen shows his loyalty to MSU and shows that he wants to be a Bulldog, and makes some necessary coaching changes and puts recruiting on a top priority, then I'm for giving him the opportunity to right the ship. Unless something just goes really crazy between now and the end of the season, I just don't even see a remote possibility of Dr. Keenum making a change.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 10-16-2016 at 10:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Dude, if you can't see that the only reason we aren't winning the sec year-in, year-out is mullen, I can't help you. I mean, we pay 4 million a year**
    Uh, right now we are 1-2 OUTSIDE the SEC. And in the one win we do have we gave up 35 points to one of the worst offenses in FBS.