Thread: Damn!

vCash

Damn!

We just though but really didn't know what we had.

Not to be too negative but how in the hell did we lose the last two egg bowls. (I think I know)

vCash
    I love dak, but he didn't help us starting off the egg last year

Banned
    vCash
    Had we beaten Alabama in 2014 I think we would have beaten Ole Miss, because psycho-defense boy would have been dialed into the game because a national championship would have been at stake.

In 2015 there was always a fine line, where we would have had to play perfect. When Dak lost that fumble, Ole Miss flexed their muscle. Simply put, they had a good team last year, and Chad Kelly ended up being better than expected.

vCash
    Starts at the top....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post

Not to be too negative but how in the hell did we lose the last two egg bowls. (I think I know)
    We have not had a ground game since 2014, and our OL was not very good in 2015 either. What Dak is doing in Dallas is what he would have been doing at LSU. When you can establish the running game, and have excellent pass protection you will win a lot of games especially when you have a great dual threat QB.

vCash
    ...Not to be too negative but how in the hell did we lose the last two egg bowls. (I think I know)
    The head coach not denying that he was job shopping didn't help, and the DC in 2014 was already gone as far as coaching was concerned...

vCash
    Yes, we probably should have more than the often-cited "19 wins in 2 years."

Let's just call it the Hevesy effect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    Yes, we probably should have more than the often-cited "19 wins in 2 years."

Let's just call it the Hevesy effect.
    Dak is operating behind the best o line in the NFL and Elliot is raking up 100 yard games um

vCash
    Delete

vCash
    Lack of mental toughness in 2014 - we just weren't ready to play. That and a few busted plays cost us what should have been a close win for us. 2015 - just didn't have the athletes and the OL. OM was more talented and it showed. Dak's turnovers early in the game (two plays he forced, the fumble and the pick) didn't help at all. On a neutral field playing 10 times, that 2014 team would have beaten OM 7 or 8 of 10. No question in my mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I love dak, but he didn't help us starting off the egg last year
    Yeah that fumble was unfortunate for him. However it seemed to me, from the start, Dak wanted that game badly and tried to do too much. He knew it was all on him. That is too much to expect of yourself against a good team. As goat said, they were a very good team last year.

vCash

I think the coaching game plan was to play to not lose and not have an aggresive game plan. Also the players didn't seem prepared. I think also, in 2014 with Bo's injury and some more OM injuries, the thinking was all was needed to win was to just show up.