Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do people want still want Mullen as the HC?

vCash

Why do people want still want Mullen as the HC?

I don't understand why people still want Mullen as the head coach. i'm not saying we need to fire him mid-season, but at the end of the season he needs to be gone. Our team has been playing with no effort, if we were loosing and playing with energy and effort i would not be so mad, but loosing and playing with no effort is unacceptable. Dan Mulled is 4-25 against ranked teams, we have lost the last 3 out of 4 games against TSUN, and that right there is enough for me to be ready to get rid of him. This year has been a disaster, we will likely finish 3-9 or 4-8 with another loss to TSUN, our recruiting class is poor with just a bunch of 3 stars. Mullen has done a lot for this program but anyone who quits 1/3 of the way through the season doesn't deserve to coach at this great university. In my opinion is time for a change of scenery for him.

Banned
    vCash
    Dak Prescott is the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys. Ideally I'd like Dan to stop being a stupid pus$y and we MSU can benefit for awhile from all the exposure Dak is bringing MSU. Sadly though Dan would rather act like a teenage girl.

vCash
    For me, because he has done some things here no other coach has ever done. He has done a bunch of others that only one had ever done before him. The facilities are night and day compared to before he got here. The program has a whole has grown by leaps and bounds during his tenure. I also think we are about to have a historic opportunity in state. I don't think I want to start over at the same time that is happening. We also have the best advertisement we have ever had in the NFL right now. I know we have had great players there, but Dak is a QB. That's a whole different level of attention. We have a guy that has proven he can win over more than one or two years running, in football, at Mississippi State. That's a rare commodity whether we want to admit that or not.

I'll add this, if we keep him or not more money needs to be found for assistants. We are at least watching the game when it comes to the head coach. We aren't even in the same zip code as the stadium with assistants.

vCash
    I would think people who want him to stay think the level of effort we are getting now can be solved by new players taking leadership roles. Dan has proven he can develop a QB and we have a great one committed that enrolls in December along with Kylin Hill who should be an explosive RB. We are consistently going to bowls now. We typically haven't lost to teams we should beat but also don't really beat teams we shouldn't. I think most people are scared that we regress back to making a Nashville or Memphis bowl every 3 or so years level.

People that want him gone typically think we are hitting an average with the SEC money. We should be able to beat 4 cupcakes and 2 SEC teams to at least get to a bowl pretty much every year especially with UK as one of the SEC teams. Dan has done well but against good teams he isn't that great.

vCash
    If he could offer proof that he's committed to being here and that he understands he depends on strong leaders on the team for motivation (and take that into consideration when recruiting), then I'd want to keep him because I think he'd be as successful as anyone can here at this point in time. The stubborn on-the-field issues would eventually work themselves out; no one can ignore reality forever. I'm just growing less and less convinced either of the former is going to happen as time goes on.

vCash
    Damn, another Mullen has quit thread. It will be followed by a Mullen wants out thread. Hell, if he wants out, you think he isn't going to push to win so he can get a job? This whole, "He's quit" crap is crazy. He's going to tank the season and take a crap job? Just makes no sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah11 View Post
    I don't understand why people still want Mullen as the head coach. i'm not saying we need to fire him mid-season, but at the end of the season he needs to be gone. Our team has been playing with no effort, if we were loosing and playing with energy and effort i would not be so mad, but loosing and playing with no effort is unacceptable. Dan Mulled is 4-25 against ranked teams, we have lost the last 3 out of 4 games against TSUN, and that right there is enough for me to be ready to get rid of him. This year has been a disaster, we will likely finish 3-9 or 4-8 with another loss to TSUN, our recruiting class is poor with just a bunch of 3 stars. Mullen has done a lot for this program but anyone who quits 1/3 of the way through the season doesn't deserve to coach at this great university. In my opinion is time for a change of scenery for him.
    after all the time we gave Croom another year of Dan isn't the end of the world
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Nobody can really know if Dan has quit or not, but one thing is for sure the players have quit. Brandon Bryant had a tackle at about the 4 yard line on one of Auburn's td's on just let up and let him walk in. We drop tons of passes,who knows what they do in practice, the oline is apparently too dumb to get out of a stance and if I was fitz i would be letting the oline and hevsey have it cause that is what a leader does. This all falls back onto Mullen who is the head coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    after all the time we gave Croom another year of Dan isn't the end of the world
    Why in the hell would we want to go through it again then??? Its time. Anyone who wants to keep him if the rest of this season goes like we expect it to, should just go follow whatever school he goes to next

vCash
    Because you Bears hate him. Oh, and he is a good coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    Why in the hell would we want to go through it again then??? Its time. Anyone who wants to keep him if the rest of this season goes like we expect it to, should just go follow whatever school he goes to next
    Sounds fair. If he stays do all of you in the pitchfork mob go follow another school?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgtini View Post
    Sounds fair. If he stays do all of you in the pitchfork mob go follow another school?
    Naw. I wont. I love state not the 4 million plus dollars they hand me for doing a shitastic job

vCash
    Naw. I wont. I love state not the 4 million plus dollars they hand me for doing a shitastic job
    So you are implying that if I support Mullen that I don't love State? Surely you are not that obtuse. There was another pitchfork mob in 2013 too. I'm glad we stuck it out then and I expect to be glad we stuck it out in 2017.

vCash
    So you are implying that if I support Mullen that I don't love State? Surely you are not that obtuse. There was another pitchfork mob in 2013 too. I'm glad we stuck it out then and I expect to be glad we stuck it out in 2017.
    No I didnt say that. Im saying that if you still want Mullen if this season goes the way we all expect it to then you sound like a sheep. I liked Dan when he tried. I dont hate his guts, I hate what SS allowed him to do to our program. The 2013 team was never down 35-0 at half and didnt lose to a sun belt team, oh and they played hard they didnt look like they could care less about playing

vCash
    Right over his head.

vCash
    Because you Bears hate him. Oh, and he is a good coach.

I don't know who you are calling a bear, but i hope it's not me. I pay major money to watch us loaf around. I have only missed 1 home game in 6 years, hell i even drove to maimi to watch us get our a**es beat.
    Last edited by Noah11; 10-11-2016 at 07:40 PM. Reason: link for picture of my ticket didnt work.

vCash
    Let the season play out. Its not time to fire Mullen. Not even at the end of the season. Let the damn season play out.

vCash
    I don't know who you are calling a bear, but i hope it's not me. I pay major money to watch us loaf around. I have only missed 1 home game in 6 years, hell i even drove to maimi to watch us get our a**es beat.
    6 years. Wow. Nice start. I too was in Miami. Most yards we had ever put up at the time...and unfortunately probably most we gave up too. Great venue, crappy outcome. Feel better?

vCash
    The thing that worries me is that usually when you see a team that has checked out it's because the coach has checked out. Not easy to get that fixed. Maybe Dan checks back in in the offseason, but I think the bridge is already burning.

vCash

Croom doesn't even belong anywhere near the same page of history as Mullen ... I didn't say I wanted to keep him next year - just that it wouldn't be as atrocious as a lot of folks are making it out to be and now your hate for Mullen is translating to hate for fellow bulldogs.

Dark side.jpg

I feel the hate
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.