Thread: Great Matt Wyatt Interview on Bo Bounds This Morning

vCash

Great Matt Wyatt Interview on Bo Bounds This Morning

Not to pump Bo's show, but I thought the interview with Matt Wyatt this morning was really good.

I know we give Matt a hard time when he's around Richard, but he's pretty good when he's away from Richard.

In the interview, he highlights some reasons why Cohen would be a good choice as the AD & discusses the problems with our football team.

I found the Cohen part pretty interesting as Matt talked about how involved Cohen has been in hiring other MSU coaches.

It worth a listen & here's the link: http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...s=551&c=3041&f

vCash
    Well if we hire someone better than Cohen to coach baseball I will be fine with it. If we go with some average hire like Butch Thompson that will be awful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I know we give Matt a hard time when he's around Richard, but he's pretty good when he's away from Richard.
    This only confirms my decision to give up on Matt. Matt could be good, he simply licks his finger, sticks it in the wind, and chooses not to be good.
    The Plantation has never won an SEC regular season Championship in ANY men's sport with an integrated team. That defines irrelevance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Nies Grind Time View Post
    Well if we hire someone better than Cohen to coach baseball I will be fine with it. If we go with some average hire like Butch Thompson that will be awful.
    This to me is a much more legitimate argument for this situation than Cohen becoming AD in my opinion. I think Cohen will be fine at AD, but I think hiring the correct head coach to replace him is a much more concerning hire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    This to me is a much more legitimate argument for this situation than Cohen becoming AD in my opinion. I think Cohen will be fine at AD, but I think hiring the correct head coach to replace him is a much more concerning hire.
    I agree with this..

vCash
    So this brings about the question. Is hiring a new HC a harder spot to fill if Cohen gets the job. Or is filling Wetherbee's spot with someone who can continue to grow our national advertising and brand a harder spot to fill?

vCash
    Exactly. If we hire Cohen at AD and someone like Jim Schlossnagle as the new head coach I will be fine with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Fillmore View Post
    This only confirms my decision to give up on Matt. Matt could be good, he simply licks his finger, sticks it in the wind, and chooses not to be good.
    If only you could find a school that everyone is in lockstep with each other. If everyone from the AD, the coach, all the fans, and all the internet blogger fanboys are all saying the same thing, no matter how stupid, it must be true, right. If only I could think of a school like that?????? I'll have to think on it and get back with you*********

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Not to pump Bo's show, but I thought the interview with Matt Wyatt this morning was really good.

In the interview, he highlights some reasons why Cohen would be a good choice as the AD & discusses the problems with our football team.

I found the Cohen part pretty interesting as Matt talked about how involved Cohen has been in hiring other MSU coaches.

It worth a listen & here's the link: http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...s=551&c=3041&f
    Heard the interview also, agree pretty good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Nies Grind Time View Post
    Exactly. If we hire Cohen at AD and someone like Jim Schlossnagle as the new head coach I will be fine with it.
    This sooooo much bigger than who a replacement baseball coach will be. Have to think long-term, big picture for the department and all sports.

vCash
    I wouldn't say Butch is an average hire....he's just an unproven hire. If he did well at Auburn for a few years then I think he'd do very well in Starkville as HBC.

vCash
    Any way to listen on mobile?