Thread: Random thoughts, Armageddon week

vCash

Random thoughts, Armageddon week

1. We suck. Hard to believe Mullen had a team that looks this poorly coached we've had weak spots in coaching with his teams, but never looked like there wasn't a single position being coached well.
    2. It's not just coaching obviously. We have a serious lack of talent.
    3. It's not just coaching and talent. The mental makeup of our team is just shitty. See it a lot at all levels of play. It definitely happens more to bad coaches, but I've seen it happen to good coaches also, and I've seen those coaches fix it.
    4. I've never seen coaches fix mental problems like that without changing out a lot of the personnel, so we're pretty much screwed this year (not that anybody needs to be told that).
    5. We're still not firing Mullen this year.
    6. I think Mullen has dug himself too big of a hole to get out of before he does get fired, but if he's going to have a chance, he needs to start getting younger players ready for next year. No seniors play bit minutes unless they are showing some leadership and performing, unless not playing them is going to get our qb killed even worse. At every position, the preference needs to be for the younger player unless the younger player is a real locker room cancer.
    7. We may need t kick some players off the team. If we have upper class men that don't have their shit together, send them packing. Need to savage the few young athletes we have; don't need bad influences from upper class men.
    8. Need to put coaches on notice that they need to upgrade our talent or not come back. Don't think Hevesy should be able to survive.
    9. I'm probably more of a fan of Mullen than just about anybody right now but it looks like he has screwed us at this point.

vCash
    I'd send a message by sitting James until further notice. He's stayed in trouble during his career and then pulled that garbage with the kicker.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'd send a message by sitting James until further notice. He's stayed in trouble during his career and then pulled that garbage with the kicker.
    Cut him

vCash
    Fred ross is trying to play his way into the CFL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Cut him
    If he gets cut, how many days before he gets his ass arrested again? Two? Three?

vCash
    I dont see how anyone can say #5 is true

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycameron View Post
    If he gets cut, how many days before he gets his ass arrested again? Two? Three?
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's not tonite on his next arrest.

vCash
    I agree Mullen will be back and that we need to upgrade assistants. I don't know if telling HCs to fire assistants ever works well, but i would tell him something like this...

We want to help you be successful so we're gonna help you get the assistants you target that can help you win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    I dont see how anyone can say #5 is true
    Nobody and I repeat nobody in Starkville has any nads! Or at least anybody in atheletic dept!

vCash
    I agree Mullen will be back and that we need to upgrade assistants. I don't know if telling HCs to fire assistants ever works well, but i would tell him something like this...

We want to help you be successful so we're gonna help you get the assistants you target that can help you win.
    Problem is Dan will just fire all the defensive guys again. Hev=McCorvey

vCash

The problem with trying to change assistants is that when a program is struggling it's hard to get quality people to take those jobs. They don't see stability and know they won't be there very long. Fix the problem not the blame, get ride of all of them made start fresh.

vCash
    Great post. Agree on all fronts. Actually had same thought during game that it is time to get rid of some older guys who are cancers. It's obvious we have locker room issues

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchdawg View Post
    Nobody and I repeat nobody in Starkville has any nads! Or at least anybody in atheletic dept!
    Keenum does