1. We suck. Hard to believe Mullen had a team that looks this poorly coached we've had weak spots in coaching with his teams, but never looked like there wasn't a single position being coached well.
2. It's not just coaching obviously. We have a serious lack of talent.
3. It's not just coaching and talent. The mental makeup of our team is just shitty. See it a lot at all levels of play. It definitely happens more to bad coaches, but I've seen it happen to good coaches also, and I've seen those coaches fix it.
4. I've never seen coaches fix mental problems like that without changing out a lot of the personnel, so we're pretty much screwed this year (not that anybody needs to be told that).
5. We're still not firing Mullen this year.
6. I think Mullen has dug himself too big of a hole to get out of before he does get fired, but if he's going to have a chance, he needs to start getting younger players ready for next year. No seniors play bit minutes unless they are showing some leadership and performing, unless not playing them is going to get our qb killed even worse. At every position, the preference needs to be for the younger player unless the younger player is a real locker room cancer.
7. We may need t kick some players off the team. If we have upper class men that don't have their shit together, send them packing. Need to savage the few young athletes we have; don't need bad influences from upper class men.
8. Need to put coaches on notice that they need to upgrade our talent or not come back. Don't think Hevesy should be able to survive.
9. I'm probably more of a fan of Mullen than just about anybody right now but it looks like he has screwed us at this point.