Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: West World Premier on HBO

vCash

West World Premier on HBO

Anyone else watch it?

I loved the original film as a kid, and was immediately hooked by the trailers for HBO's new take on it, especially after I found out J.J. Abrams and J. Nolan were producers.

I thought it was one hell of a pilot episode. I'm psyched for the rest of the season.

vCash
    I also loved the original movie as a kid. I think there is great potential in the series. I enjoyed the first episode. I need someone smarter than me to explain all of the intricacies of everything that happened tonight. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

vCash
    Never saw the original so I have no clue what's going on and probably won't watch again. Some of it was pretty good, but I'm not sure I care enough to figure out what in the hell is going on.

vCash
    I liked it. Lots of ways they could still take the show.
    "until the next time you beat a frat guy unconscious, get stoned and think you're Peter Pan"

vCash
    Yul Brenner was awesome in the first one. I have mixed feelings about the pilot, but I have it on record series.
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    I watched it while in Florida this week. Don't have HBO at home. I use to subscribe to HBO when the Sopranos was on and unsubscribed at the end of the season. I didn't think it worthy of that approach for me. However you do get to see boobies.

vCash
    I'm liking it. I'm 2 episodes in

vCash
    It is interesting that the "robots" are the abused party. It basically gives the entire story deeper meaning than robot goes haywire and kills people like the original movie. It seems to be the whole can an android have a soul type show. Ed Harris is such an awesome bad guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    It is interesting that the "robots" are the abused party. It basically gives the entire story deeper meaning than robot goes haywire and kills people like the original movie. It seems to be the whole can an android have a soul type show. Ed Harris is such an awesome bad guy.

I think we are going to find out that Ed Harris is actually the good guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    I think we are going to find out that Ed Harris is actually the good guy.
    That would be way twisted. A lot of people are throwing out the theory that Ed Harris is the same guy as the white hat guy with the black hat brother in law. We are seeing a time jump but don't even know it. It is certainly an interesting theory. Something is going to come out about Arnold the original partner to Dr. Ford. Maybe Ed Harris is Arnold?

vCash
    There are so many theories out there. Bernard is acutally a host, Hopkins is God, Harris is the devil.

Personally I think that completing the maze allows the hosts to achieve consciousness and Ed Harris (who has done everything in the park) is trying to find this maze and lead the hosts through it so they can become aware of what's going on and revolt against Hopkins.

vCash
    Anyone know how long the series will run? Is it a 10 part thing or multiple seasons? As long as the story line doesn't get diluted I'd like it to go for more than 1 season

Banned
    vCash
    Damn just when I think Evan Rachel Wood is a serious hotty I discover this. I was loving me some Delores and now I gotta picture Marilyn Manson was banging that shit for 4 years. Bruh

vCash
    I'm confused. Are the confederates and the union soldiers real or hosts? I assume hosts, but how did they hurt real people? Are they rogue too?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm confused. Are the confederates and the union soldiers real or hosts? I assume hosts, but how did they hurt real people? Are they rogue too?

They are hosts. I think they are part of Ford's plan to keep people from reaching the maze. But honestly I have no clue what's going on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    Anyone know how long the series will run? Is it a 10 part thing or multiple seasons? As long as the story line doesn't get diluted I'd like it to go for more than 1 season

Multiple seasons as far as I know. Pretty sure HBO wants this to be the replacement for GoT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think the further out you go, the more dangerous it is. I would guess you can get beaten up but not killed or anything like that.

I read a theory that Bernaud is a host made to replicate Arnold. Ford has him around because he misses his friend but Arnold had put programming in to try and bring down Westworld. He became sympathetic with the hosts so he wanted to end the place and free them. Maybe Arnold is the man at the center of the maze and Ford put him in some type of coma instead of killing him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    Multiple seasons as far as I know. Pretty sure HBO wants this to be the replacement for GoT.
    Good. Im close to getting hooked. It's still a little too murky to really get fully invested in though in my opinion. It's a very cryptic show.

vCash
    Can't decide if I like the show or not

vCash
    Good episode last night. Love how the did the Benard reveal.