Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frustrating

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdDawg View Post
    It was an amazing season. I am not saying it wasn't, but if you were told at the beginning of the season we should be 1 or the 4 teams in the playoffs but we lose 3 games. That wouldn't be a little frustrating knowing that that could be our only shot for a long time?

To me the fans that believe we will never be more than a mid level P5 team would be the ones who would be more frustrated. If someone really believes that we are a mid level team than it should frustrate you that we squandered our chances in 2014. Not only coming out conservative against Bama, but to turn around and not even give the committee a chance to vote us in against ole miss.
    I hated losing those three games, especially the Egg Bowl. But again, in hindsight, it was a good year. It was a much better year than anyone (including our own fans) ever thought we would have. And I remember how great that season was, even with the shitty losses mixed in, because we were among the nation's best that year.

I don't believe we are a mid-level team or program, honestly. I believe that we are as good or better than just about every other team out there with the exception of elite teams in other conferences. But we play in a brutal division of a brutal conference so it always seems like it's worse than it actually is. I believe that we will get better and will be competing for great bowl games again soon. But as long as Bama is doing what they do with Saban, no one is going to dethrone them consistently.

Banned
    vCash
    Gentlemen, some of these posts are very cerebral and reflective; some are something other ...One of the frequent offerings on the site involves the state of our competition when we defeated them...The folks at Oxnard used to parlay a weak schedule into national rankings and bowls regularly..We ,on the other hand, regularly played a top five or ten rated schedule and lost a goodly number of those games..We have changed the attitudes of a lot of our higher touted competition in recent years from one of expecting a tough game but a win to we might lose this State game if we don't show ...For me, that is significant...Now, the issue I want to air involves a tendency of some of our loyal fans to downgrade our accomplishments on the field by assigning levels of quality to our opponents..You have heard it..Well, this team or that team had an off year..Let's give our guys credit ..If they beat the perennial powers; they beat the perennial powers....We don't need to assign some sort of qualifying criterion to it...If we beat them it is in the books forever...State beats LSU or whomever...The Oxnard people have made a career of beating UT/Chattanooga's...Relist the moment....We beat Auburn....It is their problem if they had a "down" year; not ours..They beat us a lot of years we had a down year but you won't hear them say oh, State had a down year...

vCash
    The #1 year felt surreal to me, but I loved it and wished my Superdawg Dad had been alive to experience it. I did however have a bad taste in my mouth when we choked against Bama and didn't bother to show up against UM when we still had a lot on the line. I knew better than to go to the Ga Tech bowl game at that point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    The #1 year felt surreal to me, but I loved it and wished my Superdawg Dad had been alive to experience it. I did however have a bad taste in my mouth when we choked against Bama and didn't bother to show up against UM when we still had a lot on the line. I knew better than to go to the Ga Tech bowl game at that point.
    You're right. The reason we lost the Orange Bowl was because of the last 3 games, not because Georgia Tech was all that great. I think losing the game to Alabama, and being totally outclassed in doing so, really got to Dan and we're still suffering the consequences. It started our rapid downward spiral and it's still going on.

vCash
    I agree 100%. We have been pretty mediocre at best since being #1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    You're right. The reason we lost the Orange Bowl was because of the last 3 games, not because Georgia Tech was all that great. I think losing the game to Alabama, and being totally outclassed in doing so, really got to Dan and we're still suffering the consequences. It started our rapid downward spiral and it's still going on.
    I think we got to number one and Dan thought he could parlay that into a better job. He was wrong.

vCash
    Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's also frustrating to come that close and to see Holloway up the middle ad nauseum in 2015 when Williams and Lee both had a higher YPC
    That right there is one of .. if not THE most idiotic misuse of stats I have seen in a while. Vast majority of those carries happened late in the four cupcake OOC games.

Go compare Fitz's numbers with Dak's. Hey .. Fitz had way better numbers .. better completion %, rating, yards per completion, TD ratio, 0 ints, etc. .. etc.

Daks stats were majority SEC .. Fitz racked up stats against NW State, and other cupcakes. Who was the better QB?
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"