Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Random Poster's AD replacement

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    If it's inside the department it's Cohen or no one. Stricklin and Cohen have been pushing it for the better part of a week.

He is the only one being seriously considered from current staff. I just don't see it. (With grammar apologies to "I seen It").

You take one of the best baseball coaches in the country and move hime from that position to a position of zero experience. Sound management.

Granted he may do great. However being a P5 SEC west team we should have an almost pick of who we want. No gamble necessary.
    We are MState. Hell while we are at it I'll interview for the job. I've got the degree for it and Cohen only has a few months experience on me. Oh and I've been a head baseball coach before so I've almost got him there. And I would imagine he didn't have to figure out how to get money raised and cut costs so he could get the shit he needed so kids could win baseball games. I.E having to earn his budget while actually coaching the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    So maybe I am more qualified...lol
    I'm all for it, dude. Though, being AD would cut into your ability to come on ED and post "**** that guy".** Are you willing to part with that, lol?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    So if the Cohen rumor were to happen, what would we do about a baseball coach? Lol....shit.....
    Butch Thompson will be the head coach if Cohen moves to AD....mark it down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    We are MState. Hell while we are at it I'll interview for the job. I've got the degree for it and Cohen only has a few months experience on me. Oh and I've been a head baseball coach before so I've almost got him there. And I would imagine he didn't have to figure out how to get money raised and cut costs so he could get the shit he needed so kids could win baseball games. I.E having to earn his budget while actually coaching the team.
    Almost is a strong word....

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I'm all for it, dude. Though, being AD would cut into your ability to come on ED and post "**** that guy".** Are you willing to part with that, lol?
    Absolutely not! I would create a safe posting haven closet in the Bryan building where I could type whatever I wanted

vCash
    Steve Grafton. Head of the University of Michigan Alumni Association. State Grad. Has been in a role here before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Will Wetherbee tell Mullen to decide whether or not he wants to be here and stop making winning harder than it needs to be? I want whichever guy will do that.
    That's my thought
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    I heard Jason Cook from A&M

vCash
    Jason Cook did the marketing blitz for Manziel

vCash
    I can't believe Cohen's name is even being brought up or considered..
    What's next .. If Keenum leaves let's just promote the Fiji or Pike president to fill his spot.

How bout this
    Hire someone that's ****ing qualified to be an AD at a power 5 program and CJC keep doing what he does which is coach our basball team..
    If he wants to be an AD .. Step down , go pay ur dues, gain some experience, prove yourself and check back with us in 5-10 years ...,
    Last edited by mic; 09-26-2016 at 11:39 PM.

vCash

Hell no. Grafton was a joke at Alumni Association

!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    What's next .. If Keenum leaves let's just promote the Fiji or Pike president to fill his spot.

How bout this
    Hire someone that's ****ing qualified to be an AD at a power 5 program and CJC keep doing what he does which is coach our basball team..
    If he wants to be an AD .. Step down , go pay ur dues, gain some experience, prove yourself and check back with us in 5-10 years ...,
    this.. so much. as others said cohen's AAD title is simply a salary bump title. make a real hire-I have no knowledge of who that should be and I love cohen but this is not a hire to be taken so lightly
    Do I not look like a pothouse? Six foot down the bar. Go on, jog on, walk on, goodbye, bon voyage, **** off.

vCash
    I think the best thing to do if Cohen wants to be an AD would be to hire someone else this time around like Wetherbee, Cook, or whomever and then add some AD duties to Cohen's plate and see how he does with those things. And then after a few years Cohen can be promoted if he does well and he is still interested.

I would maybe put Cohen in charge of baseball/softball and see how that goes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post

How bout this
    The Fiji/Pike quote was awesome.

vCash
    Let's just go with C34's guy for both AD and football coach......good old Kyle. Would make lots on this board happy and would allow 34 to become offensive coordinator. NC on the horizon. *****************
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    I guess I am just behind the times, and have not really paid any attention other than to the head man,and some of the fund raisers that come around, but I didn't even know who Scott Weatherbee was until this discussion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    we shouldn't pay $500k+ for someone who can't do both. someone make this guy a Venn diagram: marketing is part of game day operations, but it takes much more.
    I think we have an assistant AD, maybe more than one, who does that. Same for marketing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    sure, it plays a part. but you still have to, you know, run a competent gameday operation. right now......we don't.
    What's wrong with our game day ops?

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    I was just hoping for Cohen so we could bring in someone who actually develops players and starts putting a top 10-15 product on the field every year, which would correlate to the recruiting. We talk about football recruiting needing to pick up to move up in the football world but simply disregard the gap of results vs recruiting in baseball. Double standard around here that keeps me scratching my head.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    What's wrong with our game day ops?
    Stinky cups and no Juicy Jumbos?