Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Random Poster's AD replacement

vCash

Banned
    vCash
    Cohen as AD would be dumb. I like Weatherbee. I'd offer Byrne 1mil to come back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    i probably should, but i just don't give a shit about marketing. i want someone who will run a competent gameday operation.
    Marketing is MUCH more important than that. And before you start the game day operation IS part of marketing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Kyle Whittingham

hahaaaaaaaaaa- just kidding

Scott Wetherbee is the guy. Already part of the department but he is somewhat of an outsider. Has done a great job on the marketing side of things. We have promoted from within the last couple of hires- but the guys we have promoted havent been State "good ol boy network" guys. They have worked other places and brought new ideas and energy.

Wetherbee in 2016
    Elitedawgs.com choice as AD

Not Cohen. No. **** No
    Something we might just agree on. HORRORS. LOL.

vCash
    Why are y'all so anti-Cohen AD? Is it because y'all don't want to lose him as baseball coach? Because I think he would be a phenomenal AD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Marketing is MUCH more important than that. And before you start the game day operation IS part of marketing.
    we shouldn't pay $500k+ for someone who can't do both. someone make this guy a Venn diagram: marketing is part of game day operations, but it takes much more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAYn_Man View Post
    Why are y'all so anti-Cohen AD? Is it because y'all don't want to lose him as baseball coach? Because I think he would be a phenomenal AD.
    Based on what?

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    How do you figure? He's as qualified as I am if that. If he has a masters in sports administration. Shit at least I have experience running a large business.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    How do you figure? He's as qualified as I am if that.
    Isn't he currently our assistant AD? Do you have that on your CV/Resume?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I Seen It runs a 4 million dollar territory and all that goes with that. Cohen's budget isnt that big. He also has a sports admin degree

vCash
    I Seen It runs a 4 million dollar territory and all that goes with that. Cohen's budget isnt that big. He also has a sports admin degree
    Ok...?

vCash
    For less than 2 months he has had that title. He may eventually become AD and do well. But even he and Scott said it was more of something to start getting his feet wet as it MAY be something he wishes to pursue years from now after he is done coaching.

vCash
    Absolutely the dumbest possible move that could be made. Tnere are 20 more qualified candidates. He's way to polarizing of a figure.

vCash
    Ok...?
    So why is Cohen more qualified?

vCash
    So why is Cohen more qualified?

He is currently the assistant AD at Mississippi State University. I don't know....maybe that means something? Are you saying it means nothing?

And by your logic, does that mean than any successful business guy out there is a viable option for AD of a power 5 school?
    is

I'm not saying that Cohen is, or should be, the guy, btw. Just to be clear. I just find it a little funny how everyone now is an "authority", despite having little to no experience in that area (and that's just a general statement, not a shot at I seen it).
    Last edited by BeardoMSU; 09-26-2016 at 09:55 PM.

vCash
    If it's inside the department it's Cohen or no one. Stricklin and Cohen have been pushing it for the better part of a week.

He is the only one being seriously considered from current staff. I just don't see it. (With grammar apologies to "I seen It").

You take one of the best baseball coaches in the country and move hime from that position to a position of zero experience. Sound management.

Granted he may do great. However being a P5 SEC west team we should have an almost pick of who we want. No gamble necessary.

vCash
    He is currently the assistant AD at Mississippi State University. I don't know....maybe that means something? Are you saying it means nothing?

And by your logic, does that mean than any successful business guy out there is a viable option for AD of a power 5 school?
    is

I'm not saying that Cohen is, or should be, the guy, btw. Just to be clear. I just find it a little funny how everyone now is an "authority", despite having little to no experience in that area (and that's just a general statement, not a shot at I seen it).
    Cohen does very little AD work- its a title given to bump his salary as baseball coach. ISeenIt has an athletic admin degree and has experience handling big budgets

I'm not saying he wouldnt be a good AD- but there's nothing saying he would either. There's no way he could continue on as baseball coach and be AD.

vCash
    So if the Cohen rumor were to happen, what would we do about a baseball coach? Lol....shit.....

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    What does he do in that assoc ad title? Is he taking time out of his day that deals with running a baseball program to do ad things? Or is it a title mainly given to bump his pay?

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    For less than 2 months he has had that title. He may eventually become AD and do well. But even he and Scott said it was more of something to start getting his feet wet as it MAY be something he wishes to pursue years from now after he is done coaching.
    So maybe I am more qualified...lol