Thread: The new plan - Optimistic so beware

vCash

The new plan - Optimistic so beware

Alright, let this sink in.....rebuilding year everyone. What did you expect, unproven OL with big misses in recruiting, unproven qb, DB injuries plus lost talent. Everyone needs to calm down and embrace the tough situation here.

I have given it a few days, and I will not continue to bash players or coaches. They are MSU as much as I am. If nothing else, I challenge everyone of us to sent an encouraging tweet to the very players I have seen bashed on this website by everyone, me included. At the end of the day, they chose MSU just like I did.

Now as far as recruiting goes, their is zero reasons why we cannot sell and sell hard the opportunity for the best players in the country to come in and play immediately. If we do not step up our game and capitalize off of our recent NFL successes and recent #1 ranking, the moment will be gone and I for one want to see us bring in a big fish with that publicity. JUCO hard Mullen.

vCash
    I appreciate the optimism. All I can hope for at this point is our coach is also working a new plan to get out of this mess. I've accepted he's the only person that can do anything about this. It's scary to say, but we all sink or swim with Mullen. All I can do is watch it unfold and see what happens.

Senior Member PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    I appreciate the optimism. All I can hope for at this point is our coach is also working a new plan to get out of this mess. I've accepted he's the only person that can do anything about this. It's scary to say, but we all sink or swim with Mullen. All I can do is watch it unfold and see what happens.
    Half-true. I agree we swim w/ Mullen but I don't think he sinks us, only a split fanbase & lack of leadership at the top will do so. I believe there's a lot our fans can do: come to games, ring & yell & make an impact on 3 SEC swing games at home, keep providing whatever support you have during the good times, encourage anyone wearing an MSU uniform, and publicly celebrate our players having unprecedented NFL successes. The fanbase has as much to do with the brand as any coach, and if we continue to build on our brand of family, player development, and competing at the highest stage then no one coach is going to sink us. A split fanbase will strip of us all these things - can't say we're family if we turn our backs on underperforming teams, players can't develop if fans erode their confidence as sophomores, our NFL guys are tied to the current coach & may not respond favorably to the fanbase turning on him. We can find another coach that can sell what we have to offer when the time comes. But until then there's a lot more we can do than just watch.
    Last edited by PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE; 09-26-2016 at 10:39 AM.

Banned
    vCash
    He does have a new plan. He's finally going after the JUCOs he needed to be getting all along. 7 so far, and I know we're after at least one more OL:

http://247sports.com/Player/DMarcus-Hayes-23795

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE View Post
    Half-true. I agree we swim w/ Mullen but I don't think he sinks us, only a split fanbase & lack of leadership at the top will do so. I believe there's a lot our fans can do: come to games, ring & yell & make an impact on 3 SEC swing games at home, keep providing whatever support you have during the good times, encourage anyone wearing an MSU uniform, and publicly celebrate our players having unprecedented NFL successes. The fanbase has as much to do with the brand as any coach, and if we continue to build on our brand of family, player development, and competing at the highest stage then no one coach is going to sink us. We can find another that can sell what we have to offer when the time comes.
    Agreed. But people are just so down after South Alabama. We REALLY need a big win to counter that. Auburn would do it, IMO.

vCash
    Half-true. I agree we swim w/ Mullen but I don't think he sinks us, only a split fanbase & lack of leadership at the top will do so. I believe there's a lot our fans can do: come to games, ring & yell & make an impact on 3 SEC swing games at home, keep providing whatever support you have during the good times, encourage anyone wearing an MSU uniform, and publicly celebrate our players having unprecedented NFL successes. The fanbase has as much to do with the brand as any coach, and if we continue to build on our brand of family, player development, and competing at the highest stage then no one coach is going to sink us. A split fanbase will strip of us all these things - can't say we're family if we turn our backs on underperforming teams, players can't develop if fans erode their confidence as sophomores, our NFL guys are tied to the current coach & may not respond favorably to the fanbase turning on him. We can find another coach that can sell what we have to offer when the time comes. But until then there's a lot more we can do than just watch.
    Attaboy. A well thought out statement I agree with completely. Some of us whine even when we win. Some of us cheer and gripe with our losses and who plays where and then switch back to whining when we win. A significant part of our fan base are our worse enemy.

vCash
    Watching Dak last night helped me step back into reality. I had to ask myself "what in the world were you expecting to happen this year when you lost the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys"?
    I just want to see us play hard and utilize our most talented players. I also want to see more of an option type attack with Fitz.
    And we need to look more prepared than we have looked at times.

vCash
    My statement was only meant at changing the actual on the field product. Play calling, coaching, recruiting, who plays (and who doesn't play), intensity, not being soft, etc. Things we have 0 control over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by archdog View Post
    Alright, let this sink in.....rebuilding year everyone. What did you expect, unproven OL with big misses in recruiting, unproven qb, DB injuries plus lost talent. Everyone needs to calm down and embrace the tough situation here.

I have given it a few days, and I will not continue to bash players or coaches. They are MSU as much as I am. If nothing else, I challenge everyone of us to sent an encouraging tweet to the very players I have seen bashed on this website by everyone, me included. At the end of the day, they chose MSU just like I did.

Now as far as recruiting goes, their is zero reasons why we cannot sell and sell hard the opportunity for the best players in the country to come in and play immediately. If we do not step up our game and capitalize off of our recent NFL successes and recent #1 ranking, the moment will be gone and I for one want to see us bring in a big fish with that publicity. JUCO hard Mullen.
    Good plan. I don't tweet but I will be at all the rest of the home games to cheer them on.

Senior Member PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE's Avatar
    vCash
    My statement was only meant at changing the actual on the field product. Play calling, coaching, recruiting, who plays (and who doesn't play), intensity, not being soft, etc. Things we have 0 control over.
    I agree, those things have definitely sunk us in our losses so far. I'm with you in that I feel like I'm just along for the ride at this point and it's going to be a roller coaster. Or a harrowing water slide to stick with the sink/swim metaphor.