Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What we can learn from LSU

vCash

What we can learn from LSU

LSU was having success with Les Miles including 10 win seasons but I think most would agree that they were underachieving for the talent that they have.

So, LSU gives Les the benefit of the doubt and they let him come back and see if he can turn it around. He doesn?t and it also appears as if they were going to go on even more of a decline.

Now because they didn?t make the appropriate move in the offseason like they should have they have wasted Fournette?s last year (likely) not to mention the rest of the season. Now they have Ed Orgeron as their head coach.

For all the Frank Beamer?s, THIS is why you don?t give coaches multiple opportunities to turn it around only to fail over and over again.

See the warning signs, be proactive, and make the change.

If we allow Dan to come back there is a good chance we are going to be in the same spot as LSU except worse since we don?t have their talent.

Banned
    vCash
    Valid argument

Senior Member maroonwhitedawg3ddd's Avatar
    vCash
    If Danny boy doesn't win six games with this easy schedule he should be shown the DOOR!!

vCash
    What do you mean an easy schedule? We lost to USA and had all we wanted from UMass, but we're "young and rebuilding" and I'm sure they didn't have to play any young players. ( Just kidding, unfortunately)

vCash
    Regretfully, I concur. Win 6 and he gets another year. If not, it is time for him to go. With the NCAA about to crucify Freeze and Ole Miss, we have to be in the best position possible to take advantage.

vCash
    LSU has lost two games for a total of 7 points. Morons.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Dans seat just went from luke warm to Satans testicles.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Regretfully, I concur. Win 6 and he gets another year. If not, it is time for him to go. With the NCAA about to crucify Freeze and Ole Miss, we have to be in the best position possible to take advantage.
    Winning 6 will buy him one more season but it will not buy him an extension. His increased apathy this season is mainly due to not getting an extension and raise last year, after he tried to get out. Either way you slice it he has to win 8 this year for an extension and reason to stop his pouting and actually care about winning. He thinks he Warwick it to Strick and Keenum this season and get rewarded. Strick is looking to leave and Keenum wanted to fire him this past off season. We need to cut bait as soon as we have someone lined up and explain the reason Mullen was let go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPMT View Post
    LSU has lost two games for a total of 7 points. Morons.
    With a team talented enough to win the NC.

Banned
    vCash
    SMH. No, it didn't.

vCash
    It's not a similar situation yet. Les the last two years has flatlined to their historic avg in wins. Around 8 per year with terrible offenses. Mullen would have to go 5 wins back to back years for it to be similar. It was time for them to change last year after 2 years of that. We haven't had even one yet. And Mullen would have to turn in a 4 win or less season for it to be considered. 2 wins or less it's automatic. 5 wins or more without any scandals and he will probably survive to see if he turns it around. Where LSU screwed up was they decided to make a change and let a win and Jimbo backing out change their minds. You never let one win or one loss determine those descisions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taog Redloh View Post
    SMH. No, it didn't.
    I was kidding if that was directed at me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    LSU was having success with Les Miles including 10 win seasons but I think most would agree that they were underachieving for the talent that they have.

So, LSU gives Les the benefit of the doubt and they let him come back and see if he can turn it around. He doesn?t and it also appears as if they were going to go on even more of a decline.

Now because they didn?t make the appropriate move in the offseason like they should have they have wasted Fournette?s last year (likely) not to mention the rest of the season. Now they have Ed Orgeron as their head coach.

For all the Frank Beamer?s, THIS is why you don?t give coaches multiple opportunities to turn it around only to fail over and over again.

If we allow Dan to come back there is a good chance we are going to be in the same spot as LSU except worse since we don?t have their talent.
    So many wrongs in this.... LMAO!

1- LSU underachieving VS MSU.

LSU has an AVERAGE recruiting class of about #7 in the country.

2016 3
    2015 6
    2014 2
    2013 6
    2012 14
    2011 7
    2010(*) 10
    2009 2
    2008 11
    2007 4
    2006 7
    2005 22
    2004 2
    2003 1
    2002 15

MSU:

2016 27
    2015 18
    2014 35
    2013 25
    2012 22
    2011 34
    2010(*) 34
    2009 25
    2008 44
    2007 39
    2006 46
    2005 33
    2004 63
    2003 9
    2002 17

To even COMPARE the 2 in this way is totally nuts! 100% certifiable! Nuts! We have Overachieved. There is no comparison!

LSU has every right to demand more based on talent of a recruiting class.
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    So many wrongs in this.... LMAO!

1- LSU underachieving VS MSU.

LSU has an AVERAGE recruiting class of about #7 in the country.

2016 3
    2015 6
    2014 2
    2013 6
    2012 14
    2011 7
    2010(*) 10
    2009 2
    2008 11
    2007 4
    2006 7
    2005 22
    2004 2
    2003 1
    2002 15

MSU:

2016 27
    2015 18
    2014 35
    2013 25
    2012 22
    2011 34
    2010(*) 34
    2009 25
    2008 44
    2007 39
    2006 46
    2005 33
    2004 63
    2003 9
    2002 17

To even COMPARE the 2 in this way is totally nuts! 100% certifiable! Nuts! We have Overachieved. There is no comparison!

LSU has every right to demand more based on talent of a recruiting class.
    And here comes the excuse monster. Maybe we can get a deal with an NFL team to be their minor league since we are a developmental program.

vCash
    Guys a top 25 or 30 class nationally for us is in the bottom 4 or 5 in the entire SEC. Without good coaching and hard work we do not overachieve, especially against the SEC West.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    And here comes the excuse monster. Maybe we can get a deal with an NFL team to be their minor league since we are a developmental program.
    Just fact. When a coach takes a team full of 2 stars and 3 stars and is ranked #1, that's over achieving. There is zero way to paint that differently.

And we have done a damn good job identifying. Due to Mullen, Dak is an nfl qb. Due to that, we will bring in qbs. See lsu for talent losing due to not having a qb.

All you are doing is trying to cut your own nose off in spite of your own face.
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    I am legit worried about keeping Keytaon if LSU hires a great coach. LSU and Auburn coaching changes will hurt us even more.

Boomhauer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

Good point i mean what have we got to look foward to next year, dan still recuriting the same we going to end up in the thirtys again.Next year we going to hear the same thing we are young,we got to clean up mistakes,this is year 8 we should not rebuilding, i mean this year 8 and we are all saying man i hope we can just win 6,

vCash
    I agree with Todd.

Dan totally mails in the offseason. Hevesy is a bad liability. He runs off his defensive staff almost every year. His recruiting is not sustainable. You can't make a living on turning 2 stars into All Americans.

Props that he turned some 2 stars into great players. But a roster full of 2-3 star depth that really is 2-3 star depth doesn't make a good program.

And I'll say this - I don't want to see a single person talk about Mullen compared any program history from the Larry Trmpleton era. ESPN has tilted the playing field. Its not even. But its even enough for us to compete.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    I agree with Todd.

Dan totally mails in the offseason. Hevesy is a bad liability. He runs off his defensive staff almost every year. His recruiting is not sustainable. You can't make a living on turning 2 stars into All Americans.

Props that he turned some 2 stars into great players. But a roster full of 2-3 star depth that really is 2-3 star depth doesn't make a good program.

And I'll say this - I don't want to see a single person talk about Mullen compared any program history from the Larry Trmpleton era. ESPN has tilted the playing field. Its not even. But its even enough for us to compete.
    That's very shortsighted and I will talk about the past all day because it is extremely relevant. You have to study ALL aspects of the past. Not just our program but others as well. Especially traditionally weak Power 5 teams who have been able to turn their programs around. That is what we want. Absurd to not find the relevance to help us push forward to a higher level. To levels we have never seen. We got more money and have possibly shortened the number of years it takes to build a program. Great. If we are at $90 MIL for this year (2014-2015 we were at $75MIL). We are still not even in the Top 30 in the country and in the bottom third of the conference. We play in Bel Air of college football and are even in the Top 10 of our own conference.