Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LSU HC Search... Who ya got???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    Damn, we are going to get left in the dust if Auburn and LSU were to open up this season with potential hires being Herman and Briles or any other coach on that list.
    If you're not moving forward ....

vCash
    Petrino would be my pick.
    Buy-out figure?

vCash
    I got Herman.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Acey Roberts is super excited at these coaches leaving..he says Freeze future is setting up nicely at OM. Does this idiot live under a rock?

vCash
    Herman coached with urban in the big 10. Would penn state be a school he's potentially interested in?

vCash
    Nobody on that list scares me. Do they wake surf all summer? What are their marathon times? Did they invent football? Please. Their nobodies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Acey Roberts is super excited at these coaches leaving..he says Freeze future is setting up nicely at OM. Does this idiot live under a rock?
    He lives vicariously through his catfish accounts.

vCash
    LSU will not hire a dirty coach...right now Briles is dirty and so is Petrino as far as they would be concerned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    LSU will not hire a dirty coach...right now Briles is dirty and so is Petrino as far as they would be concerned.
    I agree. It's unnecessary for them to go after Briles.

I think they kick the tires on Jimbo to see if there is any interest, and if there isn't I think they get Herman which I think is most likely who they will end up with. His ties to Houston has to be attractive to them.

Banned
    vCash
    IF... again IF, for some reason they whiff on Herman and Jimbo what would be the possibility of them sweeping any bad blood under th rug and going for Chavis as a HC candidate. Also , before anyone gets stupid THEY CANNOT HIRE A CURRENT SEC HEAD COACH! Tubs was the last of that we have seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    IF... again IF, for some reason they whiff on Herman and Jimbo what would be the possibility of them sweeping any bad blood under th rug and going for Chavis as a HC candidate. Also , before anyone gets stupid THEY CANNOT HIRE A CURRENT SEC HEAD COACH! Tubs was the last of that we have seen.
    That is not a rule. It was a Slive "rule" but not official.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Zero. ZERO chance they would hire Chavis. They will hire a big name coach and nothing short of that will satisfy the coonasses

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Jimbo will get the first chance to say no, then Herman.

Head Elitedawg Croot Reporter
    vCash
    I would keep an eye on Dantonio if they miss their top targets

vCash
    Let's not forget the USC job will be available come year's end, as well...

PSU maybe, AU maybe...

Lotta bigtime gigs out there... somebody's gonna make a buncha frogskins....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    Hermann makes $3mil a year at Houston I believe...
    If Houston gets into the Big 12 LSU can hang that up. Houton got money and will pay what they need to.

vCash
    I think Herman is staying at Houston long term, unless the Big 12 adds teams and Houston's not one of them. I also don't think Briles is going to get a look at anyone right now (except maybe Auburn).

What about Chad Morris of SMU?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElitedawgRecruiting View Post
    I would keep an eye on Dantonio if they miss their top targets
    This could be very likely. Herman is interesting BUT if Houston gets into the Big 12 he gets a bonus and probably another pay raise. With and easier path and Houston could very well make big leaps quickly with their recruiting base it may be enough for him to stay. Also, we don't know if Strong will survive the year at Texas. If they come into play needing a coach, could be very interesting. Also, I had rather not be forced to look for a coach this year if everything shakes out. May not have a choice in the end but might big a lot of upheaval this year with some big teams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I think Herman is staying at Houston long term, unless the Big 12 adds teams and Houston's not one of them. I also don't think Briles is going to get a look at anyone right now (except maybe Auburn).

What about Chad Morris of SMU?
    Chad hasn't done anything yet to warrant any looks.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Every last one of you has missed the obvious. Mullen to LSU.
    Football Scoop didn't miss it. They have already tweeted that Dan is the leading candidate for the job.