Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Random Poster's Sunday Morning QB- UMass Edition

vCash
    Guys that are playing well on D - Ward, Leo, Cory Thomas, Jefferson, Simmons, Nelson Adams

Guys that need to pick it up on D - Gerri Green, Nick James, Gray, Bryant, Richie Brown, Peters

Guys that are showing improvement on D - Graham, McLaurin, Durr

vCash
    Calvin had a good game yesterday too. He can make plays

vCash
    Was yesterday really any different than our 47-34 win over UAB in 2014, which also caused a meltdown here?

vCash
    Except for Jefferson, our DL got very little pressure on their QB. was their OL that good or was our D scheme that questionable?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Was yesterday really any different than our 47-34 win over UAB in 2014, which also caused a meltdown here?
    Yeah- it turned out that concerns over our secondary and use of 1A/1B turned out to be unfounded in 2014.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Except for Jefferson, our DL got very little pressure on their QB. was their OL that good or was our D scheme that questionable?
    Our HC has hired a defensive staff that is not getting it done. We will compensate for this by not recruiting very well or aggressively

If the offense could have scored 24 points each of the first 3 games we would be
    4-0 ...
    Last edited by mic; 09-25-2016 at 02:06 PM.

vCash
    Hey, a new D staff every year is SOP. That is no excuse in year 8!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    1st two days- get plenty of reps for everyone doing the basics
    Wed and Thursday- start working on some things you plan to implement vs Auburn
    Friday- quick run thru then have younger guys getting very little playing time scrimmage for about 40 plays

Shorten practice all week to keep fresh and coaches can spend a little extra time recruiting

Take off Saturday
    Lots of film work on Sunday
    Monday- begin normal game prep
    Dan?s week:
    Sunday- team gets day off, Talk to agent about Penn State job and how I can get these rednecks to give me another million.
    Monday- team gets day off, Train for Boston Marathon
    Tuesday- Practice followed by planning for European vacation during Big Dawg Camp.
    Weds- Shortened practice, go shop at Deep South Pout with Megan.
    Thurs.- Team gets off, shop for Yeezeys.
    Fri.- Team gets off, oh shit maybe I should get the helicopter out and go recruit Caledonia.
    Sat.- Team gets off, train for Boston Marathon.

vCash
    Todd, don't forget golf with the O coaches.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Todd, don't forget golf with the O coaches.
    And more time to prepare for next years Boston Marathon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Dan?s week:
    Sunday- team gets day off, Talk to agent about Penn State job and how I can get these rednecks to give me another million.
    Monday- team gets day off, Train for Boston Marathon
    Tuesday- Practice followed by planning for European vacation during Big Dawg Camp.
    Weds- Shortened practice, go shop at Deep South Pout with Megan.
    Thurs.- Team gets off, shop for Yeezeys.
    Fri.- Team gets off, oh shit maybe I should get the helicopter out and go recruit Caledonia.
    Sat.- Team gets off, train for Boston Marathon.
    Loved this .. cracked me up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Yes, we didn't lose to southern miss week 1

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    One thing I did see yesterday was DB's in better position to make plays on the ball. We were around the ball on just about every reception including the TD's. What gets me is out inability or lack of effort to dislodge the ball any way possible when the WR puts his hands on it. One TD in particular I thought Bryant could have dove toward the WR and punched the ball from his hands before he had possession. Instead he just looked at the catch right beside him and put his head down. A couple other TD's we were there fighting for the ball, but we need to just pull one of their f*cking hands off of the ball so they cannot catch it at minimum.

Although I only played football through high school, and played LB, I never let anyone hang on to a pass if I was close enough to either bat it down or grab one of their arms after they had two hands on it. Inexcusable but maybe these kids cannot grasp these simple concepts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    One thing I did see yesterday was DB's in better position to make plays on the ball. We were around the ball on just about every reception including the TD's. What gets me is out inability or lack of effort to dislodge the ball any way possible when the WR puts his hands on it. One TD in particular I thought Bryant could have dove toward the WR and punched the ball from his hands before he had possession. Instead he just looked at the catch right beside him and put his head down. A couple other TD's we were there fighting for the ball, but we need to just pull one of their f*cking hands off of the ball so they cannot catch it at minimum.

Although I only played football through high school, and played LB, I never let anyone hang on to a pass if I was close enough to either bat it down or grab one of their arms after they had two hands on it. Inexcusable but maybe these kids cannot grasp these simple concepts.
    I agree with that. Durr has had a good year until yesterday as well. But he was in position a couple of times and just didn't dislodge the ball. Seems like they are always trying for the pick instead of knocking the ball down at times as well. Smokey looked a little better as the game went on. Peters also lost a jump ball that he was in good position on. So it seems they are picking up the coaching a little better as far as position at times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Sums my feelings up perfectly. The only thing I'd add is a more hardline stance on Gabe Myles. Good kid, local kid, legacy, yada yada etc etc... All that said, this is SEC CFB. He should not touch the field again unless we have so many injuries we have to. To play WR in CFB, you have to catch the football. He cannot catch, therefore he should not play a snap. Give me Dear, Thomas, & Mixon.
    No problem with sitting Myles... he deserves it. Richie brown is even more deserving though. Richie has been abysmal this season... always a second late, whiffing on tackles, and just plain not getting guys down without giving up another yard.

Right now Richie is terrible on the inside and Gerri green is not playing well outside. Move Gerri in richie's spot and we get more speed, size, and stopping power
    Last edited by msstate7; 09-25-2016 at 03:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    No problem with sitting Myles... he deserves it. Richie brown is even more deserving though. Richie has been abysmal this season... always a second late, whiffing on tackles, and just plan not getting guys down without giving up another yard.

Right now Richie is terrible on the inside and Gerri green is not playing well outside. Move Gerri in richie's spot and we get more speed, size, and stopping power
    I honestly thought after watching ALL of Miles' drops in the 1st half that he was intentionally doing this so as to get Damian on the field in place of Fitz. Reviewing game film should make the coaches ask WTF??? and call Miles out. Put him on the bench cuz we got others who are hungry enough for PT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    I honestly thought after watching ALL of Miles' drops in the 1st half that he was intentionally doing this so as to get Damian on the field in place of Fitz. Reviewing game film should make the coaches ask WTF??? and call Miles out. Put him on the bench cuz we got others who are hungry enough of PT.
    It would be hard to do that without it being obvious. If that's true it backfired because the coaches just took Myles out and still played Fitzgerald.

vCash
    The two glaring problems on defense. The inability to hit the QB. We don't have to sack Him but we need to hit Him. No sacks against UMass, that is just shitty. The other problem is we cannot cover a TE. Could we please jam the TE instead of letting Him just run free. Our a blitz scheme sucks and Our DL never slant or stunt.

vCash
    Myles shouldn't even be on the field anymore. He has had more drops already than anyone should have in a season or 2.

vCash
    Things are toxic. Change-is-a-comin.'