Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Random Poster's Sunday Morning QB- UMass Edition

Boomhauer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Was yesterday really any different than our 47-34 win over UAB in 2014, which also caused a meltdown here?
    Big difference we beat uab, we lost to usa this year, we have played four games 3 of them we only scored 2 tds in each of them. The team in 2014 showed showed heart and fight, this team seems to me that they are just going with the flow. 2014 the team looked like they was afraid of nobody would fight till the end, i may be wrong but this team seems like they cant wait till the clock to hit zeors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg27 View Post
    Big difference we beat uab, we lost to usa this year, we have played four games 3 of them we only scored 2 tds in each of them. The team in 2014 showed showed heart and fight, this team seems to me that they are just going with the flow. 2014 the team looked like they was afraid of nobody would fight till the end, i may be wrong but this team seems like they cant wait till the clock to hit zeors.
    I think a lot of the perception has to do with Dak already having starting experience in 2013 vs Fitz who is learning in the midst of a transition year like Dak did in 2013

Boomhauer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I think a lot of the perception has to do with Dak already having starting experience in 2013 vs Fitz who is learning in the midst of a transition year like Dak did in 2013
    Good point, but do u think that in year 8 we should have this much of a drop off .Man i am not trying to be the sky is falling kinda guy, but in year 8 we should be better than this crap we putting on the field. I mean we going to struggle to get 6 wins, i am really wondering we will see 6.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Guys that are playing well on D - Ward, Leo, Cory Thomas, Jefferson, Simmons, Nelson Adams

Guys that need to pick it up on D - Gerri Green, Nick James, Gray, Bryant, Richie Brown, Peters

Guys that are showing improvement on D - Graham, McLaurin, Durr
    I like this overview. Here's my take on some of the defensive players.
    Nick James-should be benched and play short yardage only our short period to relieve others.

Richie Brown- should be benched or moved to the outside. He is not an inside LB. He relies solely on speed and would rather tackle a WR or Qb rather than an SEC Rb. He plays scared.

B.Bryant-should be moved to corner

Coman- should have been benched 10 years ago and should never play anything but special teams

Peters- should stay on the field as much as possible and allowed to work through small mistakes. He's too talented not to be on the field.

Smitherman- should play more

Jung- should play more

D Ward- should play less

Simmons- should play more

McLaurin-should play more to get more comfortable and plays will start happening for him. He needs to be moved closer to the line of scrimmage. Playing deep he seems uncomfortable.

Green- needs to put his have down and rush the passer. He's shown no physical plays at LB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg27 View Post
    Good point, but do u think that in year 8 we should have this much of a drop off .Man i am not trying to be the sky is falling kinda guy, but in year 8 we should be better than this crap we putting on the field. I mean we going to struggle to get 6 wins, i am really wondering we will see 6.
    The year 8 thing is arbitray and really doesn't have a bearing. Many good coaches have had arbitrary down years at different points relative to the school's history. Bear Bryant had back to back years after winning national titles that if it had happened today he probably doesn't survive for his 70's run. Devaney had the same thing in his 6 & 7 years before his back to back titles a few years later. There are those they never bounce back or only balance back to the school's historic norm. And no matte what anyone says right now, until the history is finished we have no clue how it will play out. What we do know is that studies show that the idea of change for the sake of change doesn't work. If you are an historic average or below average school you normally drop back down to at max you historic average. It has to play out this year and we can get a better picture of what we need to do. But the team is not close to quitting on the coaches and that is one of the biggest measuring sticks and almost a must to fire a coach in one year. Here is an article about a study done a few years ago. The actual study is can't find right now on a free site. I used to have it saved to my old computer but lost it.

https://www.wired.com/2012/11/uc-bou...osing-coaches/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    I like this overview. Here's my take on some of the defensive players.
    Nick James-should be benched and play short yardage only our short period to relieve others.

Richie Brown- should be benched or moved to the outside. He is not an inside LB. He relies solely on speed and would rather tackle a WR or Qb rather than an SEC Rb. He plays scared.

B.Bryant-should be moved to corner

Coman- should have been benched 10 years ago and should never play anything but special teams

Peters- should stay on the field as much as possible and allowed to work through small mistakes. He's too talented not to be on the field.

Smitherman- should play more

Jung- should play more

D Ward- should play less

Simmons- should play more

McLaurin-should play more to get more comfortable and plays will start happening for him. He needs to be moved closer to the line of scrimmage. Playing deep he seems uncomfortable.

Green- needs to put his have down and rush the passer. He's shown no physical plays at LB.
    Almost this entire post was absurd. More peters? He's been awful. And I know ward wasn't a recruit but he's been better than the people you actually want on the field! Jung? He can run, but that's it. Can't tackle and got sealed yesterday on Td run. Bryant at corner??? Wow. Just wow. I could keep going but I'll stop. We aren't good and that isn't going to change, but your supposed fixes makes us worse, not better for the most part.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Things are toxic. Change-is-a-comin.'
    You had my curiosity, now you have my attention. Care to elaborate?

vCash
    As bad as Bulldawg28's post was- I do agree with one. Green should be a DE with his hand on the ground. He will make money in life if that happens

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Almost this entire post was absurd. More peters? He's been awful. And I know ward wasn't a recruit but he's been better than the people you actually want on the field! Jung? He can run, but that's it. Can't tackle and got sealed yesterday on Td run. Bryant at corner??? Wow. Just wow. I could keep going but I'll stop. We aren't good and that isn't going to change, but your supposed fixes makes us worse, not better for the most part.
    Gotcha.
    So a 4.2 5'10 195 safety can't play corner? He's a corner in any other system other than MSU. Peters is the ONLY corner with an competitive INT and is a complete DB. Who else can do what he's capable of with his intangibles? Also, where has Peters been awful? Are you referring to one catch for a touchdown? That's less than any other corner on the field. And the guy didn't have complete possession with that catch.

The same for Jung. He nor Gray played 5 snaps yesterday. You bring up a supposed being hooked for a touchdown. So what's your excuse for Whiff man Richie? If one play deems players trash.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    As bad as Bulldawg28's post was- I do agree with one. Green should be a DE with his hand on the ground. He will make money in life if that happens
    Or as bad as your off week overview was.

Boomhauer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    The year 8 thing is arbitray and really doesn't have a bearing. Many good coaches have had arbitrary down years at different points relative to the school's history. Bear Bryant had back to back years after winning national titles that if it had happened today he probably doesn't survive for his 70's run. Devaney had the same thing in his 6 & 7 years before his back to back titles a few years later. There are those they never bounce back or only balance back to the school's historic norm. And no matte what anyone says right now, until the history is finished we have no clue how it will play out. What we do know is that studies show that the idea of change for the sake of change doesn't work. If you are an historic average or below average school you normally drop back down to at max you historic average. It has to play out this year and we can get a better picture of what we need to do. But the team is not close to quitting on the coaches and that is one of the biggest measuring sticks and almost a must to fire a coach in one year. Here is an article about a study done a few years ago. The actual study is can't find right now on a free site. I used to have it saved to my old computer but lost it.

https://www.wired.com/2012/11/uc-bou...osing-coaches/
    Man u make a good point about that, very good post, i am just a frustrated fan i knew this was going to be a down year, but i thought we was going to look better than this.I hope more than anybody we can pull this together.

vCash
    Note to self, knock pass away in the end zone is allowed.