Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Random Poster's Sunday Morning QB- UMass Edition

vCash

Random Poster's Sunday Morning QB- UMass Edition

1. We allowed the worst offense in the country to get over 400 yards of offense against us. We allowed the worst offense in the country to get 35 points. We allowed the worst rushing team in the country to average 5 ypc against us. They averaged 13 1st downs coming in- got 22 yesterday.

2. We were losing 14-13 at halftime to UMass. They scored more against us than they did against Boston College and Fla International combined.

3. Our 1st 5 drives were 3 punts, a fumble, and a FG. Against UMASS.

4. We threw some quicker routes with easier reads for Fitz in the 2nd half- that helped a great deal. Its going to be alot harder to do that vs Auburn. He is struggling to make reads down the field. He is just inexperienced and its going to take awhile. With Auburn's DL forcing him to make quicker decisions- we better gameplan well.

5. We were in a shootout with UMASS yesterday. I just cant get over that.

6. We played 25 guys on defense yesterday- so take out of that what you will. Deandre Ward was around the ball alot. We scored a TD on defense- so thats a positive. But 35 points to UMass. Wow

7. You got an eyeful of Martinas Rankin yesterday. When you watch our OL against Auburn's DL- remember that we lose 3 of those 5 guys for next year.

8. Tweet of the day- "Bold move to come out dressed like the Patriots but play like the Browns"

9. Auburn gets to build more confidence against La-Monroe before coming into Sville. We get the week off to prepare. Auburn is a better football team then we are- but it will be their 1st road game of the season. They are limited offensively- but so was UMass. After Auburn, we turn around in 6 days to travel to BYU. Critical 3 weeks for us and our bowl streak.

10. Welcome back Malik Dear. 3 catches yesterday. Would rather them throw to you than watch Gabe Myles drop more passes. Myles needs to get it together.
    Last edited by Random Poster; 09-25-2016 at 11:33 AM.

vCash
    Rando,

What can/should our coaches do in the next 2 weeks to make this team better?

What would be your list of priorities to address?

vCash
    Sums my feelings up perfectly. The only thing I'd add is a more hardline stance on Gabe Myles. Good kid, local kid, legacy, yada yada etc etc... All that said, this is SEC CFB. He should not touch the field again unless we have so many injuries we have to. To play WR in CFB, you have to catch the football. He cannot catch, therefore he should not play a snap. Give me Dear, Thomas, & Mixon.

Banned
    vCash
    I still don't think there is a lick of difference between us, Auburn, and LSU. We may all finish tied for last in the west. Anyone that didn't see a letdown game coming yesterday wasn't paying attention. Scrappy team that played UF tough for a while in Gainesville, game in a pretty much empty stadium / dead atmosphere, all the ingredients were there. We did what we had to do to get the W. After the way we started the year, it could have been worse. I think we'll be OK against Auburn in 2 weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    I still don't think there is a lick of difference between us, Auburn, and LSU. We may all finish tied for last in the west. Anyone that didn't see a letdown game coming yesterday wasn't paying attention. Scrappy team that played UF tough for a while in Gainesville, game in a pretty much empty stadium / dead atmosphere, all the ingredients were there. We did what we had to do to get the W. After the way we started the year, it could have been worse. I think we'll be OK against Auburn in 2 weeks.
    Wow. I'm at a loss for words

vCash
    I know we let it happen because of busted assignment on UMASS first TD run of 83 yards but the rest of the game we held them to a little less than 2 yards per carry. That is excellant rush defense

vCash
    If we don't establish some type of productive running game against these SEC defenses. I don't see us winning many games in the west.
    Fitz isn't ready to beat teams with his arm alone yet. He needs some production from the RBs

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenheadDawg View Post
    Wow. I'm at a loss for words
    I'm sorry my post didn't fit in with the "sky is falling" theme from the past 24 hours. Florida, the number 19 team in the nation, struggled with UMass well into the 3rd quarter AT HOME just like we did. They went on to win by 17. We won by 12 on the road. There's really no difference there. We played LSU to within 3 in Baton Rouge despite terrible officiating helping LSU put more points on the board. LSU / Auburn looked exactly like what everyone expected, two mediocre football teams with terrible coaches both trying to hang on for dear life and nobody stepping up to make plays for either side except Auburn's kicker. We aren't worldbeaters but we are likely going to at least get to 6 wins if we continue to to progress on some level. Honestly it's like that would be the worst case scenario for a lot of people on here because they've already mentally committed to the "fire Mullen" camp after the USA loss and don't want us to win enough to keep him.

Senior Member maroonwhitedawg3ddd's Avatar
    vCash
    THE SHITTER'S FULL OF DANNY BOY!! We all know Dan ain't gonna do nothing! Here's to a long ass season!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonwhitedawg3ddd View Post
    THE SHITTER'S FULL OF DANNY BOY!! We all know Dan ain't gonna do nothing! Here's to a long ass season!!
    Sup troll.

vCash
    Can't argue on the defense- the offense wasn't as surprising but I have no idea what we're doing on defense right now. I can't find a positive from yesterday. We have some guys that looked great last year that barely show up anymore or are constantly getting beat. No clue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    I'm sorry my post didn't fit in with the "sky is falling" theme from the past 24 hours. Florida, the number 19 team in the nation, struggled with UMass well into the 3rd quarter AT HOME just like we did. They went on to win by 17. We won by 12 on the road. There's really no difference there. We played LSU to within 3 in Baton Rouge despite terrible officiating helping LSU put more points on the board. LSU / Auburn looked exactly like what everyone expected, two mediocre football teams with terrible coaches both trying to hang on for dear life and nobody stepping up to make plays for either side except Auburn's kicker. We aren't worldbeaters but we are likely going to at least get to 6 wins if we continue to to progress on some level. Honestly it's like that would be the worst case scenario for a lot of people on here because they've already mentally committed to the "fire Mullen" camp after the USA loss and don't want us to win enough to keep him.
    You may be right, but those teams don't look as lost as we do imo. Our team just looks bad most of the time. Out of sorts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SDDawg View Post
    You may be right, but those teams don't look as lost as we do imo. Our team just looks bad most of the time. Out of sorts.
    I think unprepared is the word you are looking for.

Senior Member maroonwhitedawg3ddd's Avatar
    vCash
    Sup troll.
    Doing just fine and you ?? SO are you enjoying this Year so far ? Because what I'm seeing is a Coach who will not make a change other than firing or running off a defensive coaching staff every year..

vCash
    Lot of that is lack of execution. The OL was really bad in the first half but as bad as we looked we put up 600 yards (300 in the first half so we were getting yards all game) and 47 points. For comparison, Florida put up 24 points and just 363 yards for the game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenheadDawg View Post
    I think unprepared is the word you are looking for.
    Unprepared and in a few spots unfortunately, incapable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Lot of that is lack of execution. The OL was really bad in the first half but as bad as we looked we put up 600 yards (300 in the first half so we were getting yards all game) and 47 points. For comparison, Florida put up 24 points and just 363 yards for the game
    I don't have a huge issue with the offense. Tons of drops still too, but overall it was ok. We look lost on defense to me. Richie Brown has disappeared, Brandon Bryant gets beat too often, etc. I'd feel a lot better if the defense had showed up in the second half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Rando,

What can/should our coaches do in the next 2 weeks to make this team better?

What would be your list of priorities to address?
    1st two days- get plenty of reps for everyone doing the basics
    Wed and Thursday- start working on some things you plan to implement vs Auburn
    Friday- quick run thru then have younger guys getting very little playing time scrimmage for about 40 plays

Shorten practice all week to keep fresh and coaches can spend a little extra time recruiting

Take off Saturday
    Lots of film work on Sunday
    Monday- begin normal game prep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    1st two days- get plenty of reps for everyone doing the basics
    Wed and Thursday- start working on some things you plan to implement vs Auburn
    Friday- quick run thru then have younger guys getting very little playing time scrimmage for about 40 plays

Shorten practice all week to keep fresh and coaches can spend a little extra time recruiting

Take off Saturday
    Lots of film work on Sunday
    Monday- begin normal game prep
    I bet the #CCB give them Friday and Sat off...

vCash
    I don't have a huge issue with the offense. Tons of drops still too, but overall it was ok. We look lost on defense to me. Richie Brown has disappeared, Brandon Bryant gets beat too often, etc. I'd feel a lot better if the defense had showed up in the second half.
    Yeah the drops have hurt. One WR didn't play as much or get targeted any the second half.