Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mullen can be such a shit...

vCash

Mullen can be such a shit...

Caller called in tonight and asked when we'd see Malik Dear....meaning "more of him" of course. Mullen's response, "he's played in the last 2 games". Turd.

It was funny hearing him talk about the long travel though. Said planes aren't made for 6'5 300 lbs. Said the whole team is made up of the big dude you hope isn't sitting next to you when boarding a plane. Said they have to stick kickers in between all those big guys to give them a little room. Ha. I bet 2.5 hours on a plane at 6'5 300 is a nightmare....especially sitting next to 2 more the same size

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    He should sit his starting tailback in between them. That would give them more room than our kicker.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    He prob flew up Tuesday so he could get some family time.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Or interview at BC...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    He should sit his starting tailback in between them. That would give them more room than our kicker.
    It would be the only time he ever got between them too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    rep points given... I spit tea....
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    Beat me to it! Was going to say it would be so unfamiliar he'd worry he was on the wrong flight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Caller called in tonight and asked when we'd see Malik Dear....meaning "more of him" of course. Mullen's response, "he's played in the last 2 games". Turd.

It was funny hearing him talk about the long travel though. Said planes aren't made for 6'5 300 lbs. Said the whole team is made up of the big dude you hope isn't sitting next to you when boarding a plane. Said they have to stick kickers in between all those big guys to give them a little room. Ha. I bet 2.5 hours on a plane at 6'5 300 is a nightmare....especially sitting next to 2 more the same size
    I think he hates us now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I think he hates us now.
    Good. I hate his half assed effort in the Egg Bowl and against South Alabama.

vCash

"Planes"... we talkin' 'bout "planes"?

Yall need to let me put ya in a (slightly used) much better mode of transportation... MDL has upgraded...

trek-borg-cube.jpg
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Dear is his worse enemy. Two strikes with one more and his gone.

I see nothing wrong with Mullen's answer. JWS use to do the same thing.

vCash
    I'm sorta surprised any P5 coaches take phone calls on shows anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Good. I hate his half assed effort in the Egg Bowl and against South Alabama.
    I'm there too. He's always underperformed his talent but we were happy to win more than 7 and didn't know better. Please leave now, you smug ass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Dear is his worse enemy. Two strikes with one more and his gone.

I see nothing wrong with Mullen's answer. JWS use to do the same thing.
    What's he been doing to get in the doghouse?

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash

Well they tried to block them from putting their carry-on in the bins, but the 300 pounders whiffed

vCash
    Guy from Greenville called in and asked about the RB situation. We do we run a 5'2 RB off tackle but have 5 more bigger RB's on the sideline.

Mullen was condescending in his answer. Instead of talking about the inside zone- which he knew damn well what the caller was talking about- he used that time to basically say we had 32 running plays. Which is really bullshit- we have about 5, but we block them different ways and run them right and left. You may call Inside zone Right and Inside zone Left 2 different plays- I just call them same play, other way. He also said "we dont have a play called 'off-tackle' in the playbook." Well no shit Dan Walsh, but 80% of the inside zone runs end up between the tackles. Running Holloway on the inside zone track time after time is moronic.

Then he talked about how we play 3 TB's. It was as if they all play the same amount.

Just being a condescending dick when the guy wanted an answer on why Holloway gets so many more carries than the other TB's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    What's he been doing to get in the doghouse?
    Gaining positive yardage?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Guy from Greenville called in and asked about the RB situation. We do we run a 5'2 RB off tackle but have 5 more bigger RB's on the sideline.

Mullen was condescending in his answer. Instead of talking about the inside zone- which he knew damn well what the caller was talking about- he used that time to basically say we had 32 running plays. Which is really bullshit- we have about 5, but we block them different ways and run them right and left. You may call Inside zone Right and Inside zone Left 2 different plays- I just call them same play, other way. He also said "we dont have a play called 'off-tackle' in the playbook." Well no shit Dan Walsh, but 80% of the inside zone runs end up between the tackles. Running Holloway on the inside zone track time after time is moronic.

Then he talked about how we play 3 TB's. It was as if they all play the same amount.

Just being a condescending dick when the guy wanted an answer on why Holloway gets so many more carries than the other TB's
    That's likely because he knows there isn't a justifiable answer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post

I'm really not sure what you want him to say to some random caller. Would you prefer that he say yeah, Holloway sucks? How about yeah I'm clueless? I really don't care what Dan says on his call in show... I just hope he goes back to shump after the 2nd half success shump had last week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm really not sure what you want him to say to some random caller.
    "Yes, I realize Holloway is very small. We have to run him on the inside zone some to keep defenses honest- but its obviously not his strong suit. We start him because IN MY OPINION- he gives us the best chance to win. Shump and Aeris rotate in- giving us 3 TB's that play. Holloway gets the bulk of the carries because he knows the offense better than anybody else. The younger guys just arent ready yet to perform the way our offense needs them to."

Thats a much better answer than being a condescending dick- wouldnt you agree?