Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will we hire from within?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I like the pedigree but GaTech has a joke of an Ath Dept. That won't help him, but he's got great experience elsewhere. SDSU, UGA, Washington, Olympics, USM, etc...
    He hasn't been at GT long, and the reason he took the job was to get back down South. He'd do well in an interview. Very smart and there are a lot of people at State that have been following his career. They'd be crazy not to at least interview him.

vCash
    Anyone heard rumblings of Cohen being considered? Just a little chatter to that effect recently. Not sure of validity

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonmd View Post
    Anyone heard rumblings of Cohen being considered? Just a little chatter to that effect recently. Not sure of validity
    That job is too big to have a part time AD. Cohen has enough on his plate running a SEC Championship baseball program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonmd View Post
    Yes. Someone is pushing it. Not sure where it's coming from but it's getting around quickly.

vCash
    Yes. Someone is pushing it. Not sure where it's coming from but it's getting around quickly.
    I'm sure it's in part at least because he was recently given an Assistant AD title and said it was something he was interested in at some point.

vCash
    Heard he would give up baseball HC if it goes this way. Not sure I believe there is validity to this, but interesting topic none the less

vCash
    I'm torn, but Keenam has made good decisions 99% of the time. I've been told twice today that the hire will likely come from outside should Scott move forward and leave. As of last night, it sounded like he had one foot out the door but a nights rest can do a lot to someone.
    I think we should outside the family as well unless there is an absolute home run candidate. I think Cohen is in his prime as a baseball coach and it would be best for us if he stayed there in that position.

vCash
    I don't think this is a good idea but the entertainment on this board from Rouge if this was to happen would almost make it worth it.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    We hired Scott based on the thought that he would be a good AD and stay because he was a "state guy". He's done a decent job and is still possibly going to leave for more money. The next hire needs to be based on merit and nothing else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHildreth3 View Post
    I think John David Wicker would be an excellent hire. He's a State grad and he's got some experience. While he hasn't been the lead dog AD in a program, I think he's ready...

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/a...er_970196.html
    I mentioned him last night in another thread on here. He would be worth an interview.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Ok Scotty
    You can "okay Scotty" me all you want, but my point still stands. You are an idiot if you think a guy is a moron and a huge ***** just because he didn't take the money and leave the nest. What about happiness, family life, etc? Does that stuff not have a value?