Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will we hire from within?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    If rumor is true it's for 5 years guaranteed. $7.5 MIL with no state income tax. Invested wisely and that changes things for not just you and your kids but probably a couple of generations. Not to mention he is still young and even if it's just for those 5 years he will still have good opportunities afterwards. If he is a good success there, he could stay 15-20 years and really set up a couple generations of his family.
    Great point. Good for him if true

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    if we do, who is likely considered to be next in line and why. Or will we bring in somebody from outside? That's more likely and probably makes more sense.

With the money reportedly being offered, I don't like our chances of keeping exactly what we have. But maybe the trade in will be even better. Who knows.
    Larry Templeton's grandson has been groomed and is ready to go. Be afraid, be very afraid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostPositive View Post
    If someone/anyone takes a $1.5 million to leave, I hope none of us will begrudge it. I'd even consider moving to Oxford for that much green.
    For 1.5 I think you'd have to say Hell Yeah, All Right!

Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    if we do, who is likely considered to be next in line and why. Or will we bring in somebody from outside? That's more likely and probably makes more sense.

With the money reportedly being offered, I don't like our chances of keeping exactly what we have. But maybe the trade in will be even better. Who knows.

We don't need to hire from within, but that's probably what will happen. We need someone who is on fire and wants to have a championship football team along with our baseball and basketball programs. I just think it would be easier to hold someone accountable hired from the outside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgowar View Post
    Larry Templeton's grandson has been groomed and is ready to go. Be afraid, be very afraid.
    Please no!

vCash
    Here's my guy.

Jason Cook

Connections, Experience, and Alumnus...

http://www.12thman.com/staff.aspx?staff=3

vCash
    Pat Hayden!!!!

vCash
    Didn't we lose a Assistant AD to Pitt earlier this summer?

What is Wetherbee's background?

Certainly a SEC school with a 75mm budget can hire a sitting AD.

vCash
    I was told once by a KSU fan that John Currie has some type of MSU ties. I'm not sure if he would be a good fit or not though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    He's a moron if he doesn't take that. And even worse a huge ***** for being scared to leave the nest.
    I've read some dumb stuff here before, but I do believe this wins the prize for the dumbest ever. If Strick decides to stay because he loves the university he graduated from, loves his state, enjoys being 2 hours from his family, wife enjoys being close to her aging parents, loves the challenges and accomplishments faced, etc. then why does that make him a "moron" or a "huge *****"? He is still making great money if he stays. Decisions are often made with other things in mind than just money or status. This is absolutely the dumbest, most absurd post I've ever read.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 32 Dive View Post
    Here's my guy.

Jason Cook

Very nice bio. Being a State guy is a bonus. I can't see how he wouldn't at least be in contention.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I've read some dumb stuff here before, but I do believe this wins the prize for the dumbest ever. If Strick decides to stay because he loves the university he graduated from, loves his state, enjoys being 2 hours from his family, wife enjoys being close to her aging parents, loves the challenges and accomplishments faced, etc. then why does that make him a "moron" or a "huge *****"? He is still making great money if he stays. Decisions are often made with other things in mind than just money or status. This is absolutely the dumbest, most absurd post I've ever read.
    Ok Scotty

vCash
    Here's my guy.

Jason Cook

He definitely seems like he has the resume' and he is a bulldog also as a bonus.

vCash
    I think John David Wicker would be an excellent hire. He's a State grad and he's got some experience. While he hasn't been the lead dog AD in a program, I think he's ready...

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/a...er_970196.html

vCash
    Lil Joe would be a good hire!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J Paul Ronvonski III View Post
    We don't need to hire from within, but that's probably what will happen. We need someone who is on fire and wants to have a championship football team along with our baseball and basketball programs. I just think it would be easier to hold someone accountable hired from the outside.
    I'm torn, but Keenam has made good decisions 99% of the time. I've been told twice today that the hire will likely come from outside should Scott move forward and leave. As of last night, it sounded like he had one foot out the door but a nights rest can do a lot to someone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHildreth3 View Post
    I think John David Wicker would be an excellent hire. He's a State grad and he's got some experience. While he hasn't been the lead dog AD in a program, I think he's ready...

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/a...er_970196.html
    I like the pedigree but GaTech has a joke of an Ath Dept. That won't help him, but he's got great experience elsewhere. SDSU, UGA, Washington, Olympics, USM, etc...

vCash
    Here's my guy.

Jason Cook

Outstanding!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I agree too, tbh. Not everything is about money. But he should be given a substantial raise if he stays & I'm sure that will probably be the case if he does stay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I'm torn, but Keenam has made good decisions 99% of the time. I've been told twice today that the hire will likely come from outside should Scott move forward and leave. As of last night, it sounded like he had one foot out the door but a nights rest can do a lot to someone.
    I'm surprised that Scott has not made any public statement on what his decision is by now. Usually when this stuff gets out in the public its pretty much a done deal one way or the other. I'm almost wondering if we aren't still seeing what we could potentially raise him to and see if that's enough to warrant keeping him. Given Scott is an MSU guy I don't think we would by any means have to match 1.5mil for him to stay but we've got to do a LOT better than 500K.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 09-22-2016 at 11:00 AM.