Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Patterson considering transferring?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    As I posted earlier freeze implied to the family that OTF problems with MGK would result in early PT.
    Wow. That's nuts if true. But as desperate at recruiting as they are, I can certainly see Freeze telling Patterson's parents that....like the whole "Blind Side 2" stuff. Evidently Freeze doesn't think these things through, as his little white lies appear to be starting trouble for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Agree. You have to dominate in-state first though. You can't let the good 3 stars, 4 stars and 5 stars in your backyard go somewhere else. If you're allowing that to happen you have to go find a replacement from FL or TX or GA, which means you need to target 4 kids and hope you get one. It's more resource intensive, takes more time, and is a much harder sell.

Step One: Get everything you can get that will help you win inside the Magnolia State.
    Step Two: Find quality depth and/or starters from Juco.
    Step Three: Fill the gaps with out of state kids.

This has been, and always will be, our best approach to recruiting. I'd be interested if others think differently.
    I totally agree with your recruiting philosophy. How would we feel about our class if we had Akers, Gay, Charles, and Epson committed right now? And how would we feel about the future had we landed Brown, Knott, and Lashley? We have to land the best guys in state.

vCash
    Hey ClangaDipChit .. you were just about to get this treatment.

vCash
    Agree. You have to dominate in-state first though. You can't let the good 3 stars, 4 stars and 5 stars in your backyard go somewhere else. If you're allowing that to happen you have to go find a replacement from FL or TX or GA, which means you need to target 4 kids and hope you get one. It's more resource intensive, takes more time, and is a much harder sell.

Step One: Get everything you can get that will help you win inside the Magnolia State.

This has been, and always will be, our best approach to recruiting. I'd be interested if others think differently.
    I would agree with this as an outline - and I think that is the way we started out under Mullen before the Network went wild in '13. But, there are some years where MS just doesn't produce enough quality players and/or produce the right positions for our needs. Mullen and Crew have to be able to recognize that at least 1-2 years out to be able to jump on OOS guys early. That takes a lot of manpower that we haven't had. I hoping the off-field hires help with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I totally agree with your recruiting philosophy. How would we feel about our class if we had Akers, Gay, Charles, and Epson committed right now? And how would we feel about the future had we landed Brown, Knott, and Lashley? We have to land the best guys in state.
    Agree with both of you...

Exactly why I have always said....when we have a shot (not a UM lock) at a top In-State player we have to hit at a very high percentage.
    "Eat a Peach"

vCash

You said it a lot better than I did.

Banned
    vCash
    Well if he transfers, let Shea Pat come here so we can do this thing. As long as Dan wants him and Shea wins no games for OM. I would like Kylin and Cam too. I love our Defense now and the the next few years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by notsofarawaydawg View Post
    Hey ClangaDipChit .. you were just about to get this treatment.

Ewwww...I read that article the other day****

vCash
    I was looking for another thread, which I?ll bump when I find it, but thought this was interesting too.

Was hearing way back when they burned Shea Shea?s RS that they were trying to prevent him from transferring. Even that didn?t work. Dirty, dirty.

vCash
    Is Shea's big bro still drawing a UNM check?

vCash
    PH, I wish people on our own board would adopt the mantra to NEVER discuss OM on our boards and to delete anything discussed about them. Frankly, they pray on us discussing them and their antics. Everybody in this league knows they’re dirty. I think we should wash our hands of them.
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer". Don't know who said it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Is Shea's big bro still drawing a UNM check?
    I don’t know. I also don’t know if they’re still living in Bent Oaks in Biloxi, but I’m about to ask. Lol.

I know there’s been a lot of talk about the Patterson family, but I can completely understand what happened with them and their son!’s recruitment. I know his dad has a reputation for being a bit of a dick, but his sons are doing pretty damn well and I can certainly respect that. I hope they don’t get blackballed in-state for what they did with Ole Miss. I’ve always enjoyed watching Shea play. And I tell my son to watch him every time he’s on. I’m actually going to enjoy watching him play for Michigan. I may have to rethink my lack of appreciation for Jim Harbaugh.

I hope the Patterson’s don’t take crap for Shea leaving although I’m worried they will.

vCash
    I don’t know. I also don’t know if they’re still living in Bent Oaks in Biloxi, but I’m about to ask. Lol.

I know there’s been a lot of talk about the Patterson family, but I can completely understand what happened with them and their son!’s recruitment. I know his dad has a reputation for being a bit of a dick, but his sons are doing pretty damn well and I can certainly respect that. I hope they don’t get blackballed in-state for what they did with Ole Miss. I’ve always enjoyed watching Shea play. And I tell my son to watch him every time he’s on. I’m actually going to enjoy watching him play for Michigan. I may have to rethink my lack of appreciation for Jim Harbaugh.

I hope the Patterson’s don’t take crap for Shea leaving although I’m worried they will.
    Don't forget, UNM's new QB beat two weak teams and us (barely), after taking Fitz out in the 1st quarter. Not much of a body of work in the SEC, but most UNM fans quickly washed their hands of Shea and crowned a new king. Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer". Don't know who said it.
    Vito Corleone**

https://youtu.be/TqoMFLXsyAs?t=203
    Last edited by BeardoMSU; 01-01-2018 at 10:42 PM.

vCash

I have no reason to watch him play at Mich. He can suck it for all I care.

vCash
    They still live in Bent Oaks.

vCash
    They still live in Bent Oaks.
    I think they're gone. They were my cousins neighbor and that house is empty.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    I think they're gone. They were my cousins neighbor and that house is empty.
    If true, the timing is awesome.