Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is why Saban is so good.

vCash

This is why Saban is so good.

"We have lots of work to do," Saban said. "We're going to play a lot better teams. I didn't think we practiced very well this week. I didn't think we prepared very well for this game. I don't think we respected the team we played. Like I said before, when you're arrogant, it makes you complacent. It creates a blatant disregard for doing things right. If we don't start doing things right, we're not going to have the kind of success that we're capable of."

vCash
    Reason Saban is so good , he has the better players!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonmd View Post
    This. And as he said, he doesn't mind giving ass chewings.

vCash
    Suck Faban

vCash
    It's hard to argue with success .

vCash
    If Nick and Dan switch teams, Alabama still wins. No doubt.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Which he is responsible for getting there.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Maybe for a year or 2. After that we are bama and bama is Mullen st. And Saban beats his ass every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    "We have lots of work to do," Saban said. "We're going to play a lot better teams. I didn't think we practiced very well this week. I didn't think we prepared very well for this game. I don't think we respected the team we played. Like I said before, when you're arrogant, it makes you complacent. It creates a blatant disregard for doing things right. If we don't start doing things right, we're not going to have the kind of success that we're capable of."
    He's not blowing smoke (this time).... Pre-Snap penalties, drops and disjointed interior line play...

They shoulda hung 60 on WKU...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Saban is an outstanding college football coach...maybe the best ever. Don't let bama hate, which I have as much as anyone, get in the way of recognizing how great a coach he is.

Any coach of any sport can look at what he does and how he does it and take things away that will make them a better coach. As much as I hate bama I am a huge fan of Saban the coach.

vCash
    A lot of college coaches have the intensity of Saban at the beginning of their career but as they accumulate money and have a pretty nice life they lose that intensity. It's almost like Saban was created in a lab to be a great college coach.

vCash
    There is definitely a fine line between genius and insanity. In his case, it's a convincing case that he is an insane genius.

vCash
    And he plays the best ones regardless of class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    He's not blowing smoke (this time).... Pre-Snap penalties, drops and disjointed interior line play...

They shoulda hung 60 on WKU...
    I wish Dan would get pissed off for a performance like that.

vCash
    Its happening

vCash
    it seems like coaches enjoy coaching down a bit to a team they know they'll still beat (non-P5 team, FCS teams) so they have a reason for getting after players and pushing them to get better. every year bama seems to play pretty mediocre in a game like this (remember a few years ago when ga southern ran for 300+ yards against bama after they shut down sec running games all year?), and saban comes out and says the same thing he said after this game. i think mullen does it too. the difference is bama is so talented, they still win the game 38-13 or something, whereas we get south alabama'd on occasion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Saban is an outstanding college football coach...maybe the best ever. Don't let bama hate, which I have as much as anyone, get in the way of recognizing how great a coach he is.

Any coach of any sport can look at what he does and how he does it and take things away that will make them a better coach. As much as I hate bama I am a huge fan of Saban the coach.
    Very true, but his system of playing VERY sound, fundamental VANILLA football really only works at a championship level at a blue blood program. He could not play the style he does and have unusual type success at a slightly lower tier school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    Someone needs to send that shit to Mullen. Arrogant ass

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    A lot of college coaches have the intensity of Saban at the beginning of their career but as they accumulate money and have a pretty nice life they lose that intensity. It's almost like Saban was created in a lab to be a great college coach.
    Saban is just highly motivated to be the best college coach ever. He's got the chance to do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Not even close to correct. Do you think Holloway would receive a single handoff if Saban were our coach? Saban would take our current team and beat a Mullen led bama team with ease.