Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This is what it comes down to for me

vCash

This is what it comes down to for me

1. We have enough talent to compete in the SEC West and Dan Mullen cant get them to play or get the job done anymore.

2. We dont have enough talent to compete in the SEC West in Year 8 of Mullen's tenure. Who is to blame for that?

Why would a new coach need 4-5 years to rebuild if we have talent?
    If we dont have the talent to compete in the West- why do we continue to stay with the guy that cant get the talent on campus anymore after 8 years leading the program?

These last 11 games will answer alot of questions

vCash
    Folks need to understand this is not going to turn around. Look at our last three classes . Mullen has F@#ked us .... it's not going to get better. Time to SEAL this tenure

vCash
    I agree that this will likely be Dans last year unless he has a miracle turn around over the last 11 or 12 games.

Stricklin and Co better be whittling down their list to some high profile finalists.

vCash
    Yea it's not a good situation. We don't even have a full 85 on scholarship. Some people are wanting us to go out of state more for recruits while we can't even lock down the Golden Triangle. The writing was on the wall last year but many of us, including myself, tried to ignore it. It's time we call a spade a spade. We are going in the wrong direction and fast.

vCash
    You don't lose to south Alabama in year 8 and recover.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    1. We have enough talent to compete in the SEC West and Dan Mullen cant get them to play or get the job done anymore.

2. We dont have enough talent to compete in the SEC West in Year 8 of Mullen's tenure. Who is to blame for that?

If we dont have the talent to compete in the West- why do we continue to stay with the guy that cant get the talent on campus anymore after 8 years leading the program?

Hopefully this thread mark II will go equally as well for you. You should heed your own last sentence when you locked mark I.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Op4isabitch View Post
    I agree that this will likely be Dans last year unless he has a miracle turn around over the last 11 or 12 games.

Stricklin and Co better be whittling down their list to some high profile finalists.
    So let's play with this. Who from this list are possible candidates:
    Kyle Whittingham
    Lane Kiffin
    Mack Brown
    Les Miles...figure he is done, needs a good OC however
    Larry Fedora
    Petrino

Throw others out I'm just throwing head coach experience

vCash
    This is what it comes down to for me:

Boom is a retard and if he schools Mullen Saturday we need to move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    You don't lose to south Alabama in year 8 and recover.
    We have to let this season play out for a reason:

In 2013- we saw a young team get better throughout the season. Young, dynamic QB. Young TB in JRob that promised hope. Young WR's in Wilson and Ross. Young DL players in Jones, AJ, and others. Young LB'ers galore. Young talented CB's.

I'm not seeing that for 2016. That promise of a team being better in 2017 isn't there. They have 11 games left to show us it's there. I don't think it is there- but we 11 games to see if it is
    Last edited by Random Poster; 09-08-2016 at 09:23 PM.

vCash
    Jeff Brohm
    Scotty Montgomery
    Sonny Dyke's
    Matt wells

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILOATHEBears View Post
    So let's play with this. Who from this list are possible candidates:
    Kyle Whittingham
    Lane Kiffin
    Mack Brown
    Les Miles...figure he is done, needs a good OC however
    Larry Fedora
    Petrino

Throw others out I'm just throwing head coach experience
    No chance on Petrino...Les Miles and Mack Brown are too old.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post

X1000000000

vCash
    Ole Miss paid all the recruits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneDawg View Post
    Ole Miss paid all the recruits.
    so does Auburn, LSU, A&M, and Bama...OM just jumped the shark buying them 100K vehicles and providing them houses in Oxford

Banned
    vCash
    Amen!

vCash

I don't want a Phil Fulmer or David Cutcliff situation where we fire our best ever then scramble for 10 years to find someone equally as good. That's what it comes down to for me.

vCash
    Whittingham..........Yawn....IF he would take it
    Kiffen.......couldn't win at USC. Trust me, I'm a USC fan big time, you don't want the GOAT.
    Brown............how old is that guy?
    Miles..........He is a decent coach but my LSU friends would absolutly howl with laughter
    Fedora..............maybe..but would he take it? He would be gone like a shot if a better job offered. Unlike Mullen he HAS proven he will do it.
    Petrino.........ain't going to happen ever, for the same reason Briles won't ever happen

If we fire Mullen, which would be pure insanity unless he goes winless this year, we will make a very similar hire to what we did when we hired Mullen, hopefully. Y'all may or may not realize this but Mullen was the highest profile hire without baggage we had ever made in any sport in the modern era. I know we offer more money now but still...it's all relative. If we do it this year look for RR/Croom mark II. If we have to FIRE Mullen ever we will make a similar hire, hopefully. Y'all are going to blast me but it is what it is. We like to pride ourselves on realism, that's a dose of realism for you. I know..Howland. The stars aligned for that one. That doesn't happen that often.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post

Speaking of boom... South Carolina went after Herman and he said no. Fuente chose VT over South Carolina. Hell even rich rod turned down South Carolina. South Carolina is in one of the coolest sec locations and in the east... We could hit a hr if we fire Mullen, but we could end up like South Carolina

vCash
    We have to let this season play out for a reason:

In 2013- we saw a young team get better throughout the season. Young, dynamic QB. Young TB in JRob that promised hope. Young WR's in Wilson and Ross. Young DL players in Jones, AJ, and others. Young LB'ers galore. Young talented CB's.

I'm not seeing that for 2016. That promise of a team being better in 2017 isn't there. They have 11 games left to show us it's there. I don't think it is there- but we 11 games to see if it is
    Then let it play out......and try to help instead keeping up and allowing the constant drumbeat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Then let it play out......and try to help instead keeping up and allowing the constant drumbeat.
    He's playing both sides of the fence... He says let the season play out and starting new coach threads at the same time