When Dan came here, we were at the bottom of college football. We knew if we were able to get a good up and comer coach that we would likely be used as a stepping stone, like most schools in our position would be. How many coaches would've and could've come into MSU at that time, elevated our program like Dan has, and never even consider taking another job?... Probably none. They either don't have the talent to take one of the worst teams in college football to a #1 ranking, or they would have that ability, and they'd be looking for something bigger and better within a few years.

Almost all coaches are looking for something bigger and better unless they have reached the very top, which almost none do, and even sometimes then, they will still leave and look for something else (such as Nick Saban going to the NFL).

I guess I just don't see it as big of a negative as everyone else that our head coach has considered the possibility of taking another job after having some good success here. Unless they went to school here and have been a lifelong State fan, they are all going to want to move on at some point. I really don't think there are many good coaches who wouldn't do this.