Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've mostly lurked re: Yall's Thoughts on CDM & I have a question...

vCash

I've mostly lurked re: Yall's Thoughts on CDM & I have a question...

I can recall in consecutive years actually pulling for Bama to LOSE an early season game vs Arkansas in hopes it would aid in Mike Dubose's firing and subsequently excise the cancer from my program....

Do any of yall even remotely feel that way, yet????
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I can recall in consecutive years actually pulling for Bama to LOSE an early season game vs Arkansas in hopes it would aid in Mike Dubose's firing and subsequently excise the cancer from my program....

I never want MSU to lose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I never want MSU to lose.
    I can appreciate that.

I was just willing to lose a meaningless game or two in hopes to win more in the long run and end the lingering suffering... it takes a lot of love (or insanity) to do that...

No.

vCash
    Actually it's none of your business Mr. Alabama. And I bet you lie about wishing Bama would lose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Actually it's none of your business Mr. Alabama. And I bet you lie about wishing Bama would lose.
    negative... sorry to have offended...

No.

vCash
    The only time I was marginally happy well I guess happy isn't the right word. I guess that I could take solace in a loss was the 2008 egg bowl. Just because I knew it relieved us from the Crooms.

vCash
    No worries Tusk. Not sure tho ... tough to pull for that to me, but I have grown weary of Mullen. Weary of the same predictable offense all the time. Want his offense to look like it should look, based on his reputation as a "brilliant" offensive mind. Weary of the defensive staff turnover every year too. Weary of crappy special teams play.

Also tired of the yearly beat down by Bama ha!

vCash
    Not there yet. Yet. I was there a crooms last year. Smiled at the egg bowl score. I knew it was over.

vCash
    Dubose was 24-23 at the most historically prestigious school in the sec. Dan Mullen is 55-36 at one of the historically worst schools in the sec. Not apples to apples...

vCash

I've never outwardly rooted for us to lose. But it didn't exactly hurt my feelings when Croom lost. I sat in DWS for his last game against Ole Miss, in the rain, knowing we didn't have a chance to win the game, so I was hoping they would hang 50 on us to make sure Croom would be shown the door.

I'm not there yet with Mullen. I want him to be successful. I'm growing more skeptical by the day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Dubose was 24-23 at the most historically prestigious school in the sec. Dan Mullen is 55-36 at one of the historically worst schools in the sec. Not apples to apples...
    agreed... the Dubose situation was muuuuuuuuch worse, IMO....

No.

vCash
    So Tusk, you have been around long enough to know the mood of the natives. You have no emotional attachment to State or Mullen, is it time to part ways? Can we do better than Mullen or are we over reacting based on our history and lack of success prior to Mullen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    I've never outwardly rooted for us to lose. But it didn't exactly hurt my feelings when Croom lost. I sat in DWS for his last game against Ole Miss, in the rain, knowing we didn't have a chance to win the game, so I was hoping they would hang 50 on us to make sure Croom would be shown the door.

I'm not there yet with Mullen. I want him to be successful. I'm growing more skeptical by the day.
    How long was it before you realized you were at the wrong stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    So Tusk, you have been around long enough to know the mood of the natives. You have no emotional attachment to State or Mullen, is it time to part ways? Can we do better than Mullen or are we over reacting based on our history and lack of success prior to Mullen.
    Whoa, that's a tough call, man... Lemme go mix a drink, and I'll come back and BUMP....

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    How long was it before you realized you were at the wrong stadium?
    LMAO, I was just thinking that too. I bet it was cold wet and very lonely at DWS that Saturday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Op4isabitch View Post
    LMAO, I was just thinking that too. I bet it was cold wet and very lonely at DWS that Saturday.
    Maybe more than the om slaughter, it was the home crowd of 1 that done croom in**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    this was quick and dirty, and it's prolly not a revelation to most of you cats....

Caveat: I do not know CDM personally, nor do I have any non-public insight into the inner circle that is MSU football. I do have, however, a lot of historical knowledge of the program (likely more than a majority of posters here).
    I think Dan Mullen is really arrogant and dismissive. I think these traits make him difficult for which to work and also inhibits his ability to recruit effectively. I believe it was his intention to use MSU as a stepping stone to get a “big time” job. I somewhat think he believes he is “too good” for MSU and now that his window of opportunity (for a “better” job) has closed, he may not give a shit, anymore.
    I think he is obstinate in his use of personnel (specifically young guys) and play calling. Additionally, without THE EXACT PERFECT QB for his system, he’s hamstrung creatively. I think his failure to recruit Mississippi effectively has at least as much to do with apathy as it does payoffs.
    Additionally, in my opinion, MSU’s meteoric rise under Mullen, had much more to do with scheduling and a downward trend in teams that are typically stronger than with improvement of talent level and development. This may have masked some of his shortcomings.
    It’s not to say the program hasn’t been better; It certainly has.

In summation, I’d say the AD needs to be covertly shopping the shit out of the job (much like Mullen was doing) until a replacement can be found. But, you better not can his ass until you have someone good lined up. I’m not saying MSU can do any better or worse without him, but you certainly can get someone that’s grateful for the opportunity of advancement in to the HC ranks, especially in the SEC…. and someone that’ll try harder.

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    I know Tusk and consider him a friend. Him being part of this message board makes a question like he asked a legitimate question, and as far as calling him a liar you need to back off of that statement. He may be a lot of things but a liar isn't one of them. Now to answer his question I hope we go 0-12 so we can get rid of the cancer that is Dans sorry, no coaching, no half time adjusting, non clock managing, senior player playing ass and get a real coach here that understands you have to put your best players on the field to be a consistent football program. If it takes us losing every game this year to get his ass out of town I'm good with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Treemydawg View Post
    I know Tusk and consider him a friend. Him being part of this message board makes a question like he asked a legitimate question, and as far as calling him a liar you need to back off of that statement. He may be a lot of things but a liar isn't one of them. Now to answer his question I hope we go 0-12 so we can get rid of the cancer that is Dans sorry, no coaching, no half time adjusting, non clock managing, senior player playing ass and get a real coach here that understands you have to put your best players on the field to be a consistent football program. If it takes us losing every game this year to get his ass out of town I'm good with that.
    Ain't that the truth!

No.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    this was quick and dirty, and it's prolly not a revelation to most of you cats....

Caveat: I do not know CDM personally, nor do I have any non-public insight into the inner circle that is MSU football. I do have, however, a lot of historical knowledge of the program (likely more than a majority of posters here).
    I think Dan Mullen is really arrogant and dismissive. I think these traits make him difficult for which to work and also inhibits his ability to recruit effectively. I believe it was his intention to use MSU as a stepping stone to get a “big time” job. I somewhat think he believes he is “too good” for MSU and now that his window of opportunity (for a “better” job) has closed, he may not give a shit, anymore.
    I think he is obstinate in his use of personnel (specifically young guys) and play calling. Additionally, without THE EXACT PERFECT QB for his system, he’s hamstrung creatively. I think his failure to recruit Mississippi effectively has at least as much to do with apathy as it does payoffs.
    Additionally, in my opinion, MSU’s meteoric rise under Mullen, had much more to do with scheduling and a downward trend in teams that are typically stronger than with improvement of talent level and development. This may have masked some of his shortcomings.
    It’s not to say the program hasn’t been better; It certainly has.

In summation, I’d say the AD needs to be covertly shopping the shit out of the job (much like Mullen was doing) until a replacement can be found. But, you better not can his ass until you have someone good lined up. I’m not saying MSU can do any better or worse without him, but you certainly can get someone that’s grateful for the opportunity of advancement in to the HC ranks, especially in the SEC…. and someone that’ll try harder.
    Spot on...and what some of us "agenda" people have been spouting for a couple of years. It's now manifesting itself.