Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why is it a big deal that Dan has interviewed for other jobs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I agree with some of this. But BEFORE any of this and during the run the last two years he has also had road blocks and misinformation to negatively impact some of this and how he did his job. A good part of the reason why is because he didn't bow to some boosters feet and to be honest some of the ones playing around in the background, I wouldn't have either. They have no business negatively impacting our program and what he was building. And to be honest for no good reason. Some of this started prior to the 2013 season. Why? Because we were finally going in a sustained positive direction but they were not pulling the strings? Or was it because some lost their collective minds with the UNM 2013 recruiting class and believed we needed our own Freeze to play dirty with them. Lot of questions and make no mistake Mullen didn't react well and it has hurt the program. But if anybody thinks all of this is just him and all these talking points that keep being pounded on over and over is not rooted in a misinformation campaign as well, then you are wrong. Like I said there is blame to go around and with Mullen as well, he could have handled things differently outside the playing field and a some of this wouldn't be brought up today. But some of the power players carry as much of the blame because of their actions. They need to step up and make things right as well.
    If the stuff you have posted in this thread is accurate, then wow....that would absolutely make my blood boil. Those rumors should have been leaked with names attached to them as soon as that bullshit started....hell it should be leaked now, even though a lot of people will write it off as excuses being made for Mullen after that shit show last weekend. It would be one thing if something like that was happening during or after a shitty run, but if this really was going on during the past 2 seasons, then I would completely understand why Mullen was so intent on finding another job.

Banned
    vCash
    Ok, people are upset that Dan gets paid 4 million but like he's 9th on the list...so I don't get it

Has he done enough in the SEC to be 9th highest paid? Probably.

I'd quit if it were me. I mean I really would.

Banned
    vCash
    1st year Kirby makes less and 2 other sec coaches.

Or why is it more absurd to think the 9 th highest paid SEC coach should win the SEC. To me that's absurd.

But he has done better than ARK lately and ARK pays more.
    Last edited by I_Spy; 09-07-2016 at 05:04 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    The way the game is played now is agents negotiate a number before you interview. The only job he has interviewed for is Miami and then Richt became available and they went with him.
    This, and Miami initiated the contact. A lot of the other crap originated up the road. Now we have our "own" repeating it as gospel. Misson accomplished on their part.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 09-07-2016 at 05:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Spy View Post
    Ok, people are upset that Dan gets paid 4 million but like he's 9th on the list...so I don't get it

Has he done enough in the SEC to be 9th highest paid? Probably.

I'd quit if it were me. I mean I really would.
    Because it's more than we have ever paid. We are like that minor lottery winner that blows a huge chunk of the moneybjying a huge house in a gated community. What they don't realize for a while is it takes a heck of a lot of money to maintain the place and even more to keep up with the Jones in the new area. Right now we have bought the house but we are still have all our old clothes and cars.

vCash
    He might be in the position that he needs to look for another job next year. Good luck finding one anywhere near what he is being paid now, if he needs to do that.

No I am not advocating that we fire him, time will tell on that by folk way over my pay grade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taog Redloh View Post
    Nobody would give two shits had we beaten Ole Miss at home last year.
    Well we didn't and we looked like absolute shit and unprepared in that game with a chance to go to the Sugar Bowl if we win....so yeah, I give two shits that we got our ass kicked against them. I also give two shits that in our next home game, we looked horrid and our coach acts like he could care less and it didn't matter....while he was wearing shorts.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Brower View Post
    Are you OK with your wife going to the bar and asking guys to buy her drinks?
    Lol that's great

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Spy View Post
    1st year Kirby makes less and 2 other sec coaches.

Or why is it more absurd to think the 9 th highest paid SEC coach should win the SEC. To me that's absurd.

But he has done better than ARK lately and ARK pays more.
    I'd say it's enough pay to expect a full 85 man roster. I think it's enough to hire someone capable of beating a sunbelt team. But hey maybe that's just pie in the sky talk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleofTwoDogs View Post
    Does your regional manager know you are posting on the interest during business hours? Don't you have customers to serve or tables to bus? Where's your company loyalty to your employer?
    We at Taco Bell get breaks during the day. Mr Tuohy is very adament that we free our mind during break to relieve stress.

vCash
    Ha. But I would think that discussing the dawgs would elevate blood pressure not the opposite.

vCash
    #
    Last edited by spbdawg; 11-27-2018 at 10:44 AM.