Thread: What is the score on Saturday that makes you more comfortable with our direction?

vCash

What is the score on Saturday that makes you more comfortable with our direction?

For me if insert QB name has a good game and we win by 14 or more I will feel better about the chance to get to a bowl.

vCash
    Honestly bowls dont even excite me anymore. You only have to win half your games to get to a bowl. It's totally rewarding mediocrity. There's too many damn bowl games nowadays anyway. Sorry for hijacking the thread. I know that wasn't your point.

vCash
    3-2 us. Vegas put the O/U at 11 so I should be good.

vCash
    It would need to be a blowout. USCe is not a good team. If they want to convince me last Saturday was an abberation then I need to see a 34-10 type score.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    It would need to be a blowout. USCe is not a good team. If they want to convince me last Saturday was an abberation then I need to see a 34-10 type score.
    Agree. Would have to be a blowout, and I'd have to see some adjustments that made it so...not just a shit performance by SCar.

vCash
    This will sound weird, stupid and treasonous to some but I'd rather see us lose while giving 60 minutes of relentless effort and execution on the field as well as 60 minutes of relentless effort, in-game adjustments and fire on the sideline than to sleepwalk through the game and eek out a victory.

This week will prove to me whether he still wants to be here. Another performance like Saturday and Sirmon should be named interim coach on Monday.

vCash
    I have never ever wished for any Msu team to lose at any sport however bad the situation could be. I never will either.

vCash
    50-0.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I have never ever wished for any Msu team to lose at any sport however bad the situation could be. I never will either.
    Maybe I should have phrased it differently but trust me, I don't want us to lose. I'm thinking of the future, not just about Saturday. If we sleep walk and beat a shitty team, then more ass-whippings and embarrassing losses to sub par teams are sure to follow this year and next. However, if we play hard, coach smart and never let up but still get beat, at least we gave it our best and that effort should give us something to build on this year and next. There is nothing from this past Saturday that we can build on.

vCash
    35 to 10 with qb throwing for 300 yards and defense flying all over place tackling and pummeling the roosters.

vCash
    Score is not important. Performance is. We were up 17-0 at half sat and I knew we were a bad football team. I didn't need a score or bad second half to prove it, just so happened it did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by anubus View Post
    35 to 10 with qb throwing for 300 yards and defense flying all over place tackling and pummeling the roosters.
    Who on this roster can throw for 300 unless we bust 4 80 yard slip screens???

vCash
    I've got a feeling SC will be prepared to defend slip screens.

vCash
    Just freaking win. I dont give a damn about the score.

vCash
    A win is a win but I just don't know how big it would have to be for me to feel better about the season.
    Last edited by Ray Brower; 09-06-2016 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Rookie mistake