Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Administration & Mullen

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Out with it. Or PM me. I want to know.
    I see my wonderful iPhone put law instead of pay. Dan wanted to make Hevesy one of highest paid OLine coaches in all of football after he had shopped himself for multiple HC positions and failed. He came back to our admin and demanded astronomical raises for himself, Hev and one other who may have warranted a raise but not that much. He essentially said he wanted to leave and then came back and tried to milk our bank account for he and his country club boys.

ETA he has acted like a whiney bitch since end of 14 season and is trying to blame any and everyone else but himself. This all goes back to Strick not taking a stand early on.
    Last edited by RougeDawg; 09-06-2016 at 05:49 PM.

vCash
    I have never been an advocate for firing him. However, we have never had such an embarrassing loss under DM as we did Saturday. We are better than USA and lost. (We did not lose because we missed a field goal. That just added insult to injury.) we are better than USC and I expect us to win, but if we lose, it will be time to make a change.

vCash
    The reports of him reaching a deal with Marylans were true. Then Georgia opened....

vCash
    If other programs contacted him and wanted to talk is one thing, I couldn't blame him for listening. But it seems that he or his agent were actively seeking employment else where, and that is unacceptable.

I had one source tell me that Keenum was really pissed about his lack of loyalty and that is the reason he did not extend his contract this year. He has two years left and I would think that we have enough money to buy him out, if it comes to it.

But one game in is not the time to make a decision, but he will be under the microscope this year I would think, if what I heard about Keenum is true.

vCash
    If, big if, all this we are hearing is true, then he's learned nothing about the South while living here regarding loyalty. As a life long Mississippian, I am persuaded if a person is loyal to you then a lot of other imperfections are overlooked. But once it's apparent that loyalty is gone then it's over. I'd rather be married to a 4 that's loyal and devoted to me than a 10 that's constantly looking for someone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    So a pre-requisite for a coach at MSU is that he doesn't look around at other jobs? Y'all are aware that eliminates pretty much everyone y'all would want. Out of the things Mullen is being blasted for this one and the shorts are about the dumbest.
    Man I hate to be that guy but you my friend are the biggest Mullenite on the board. Its not the fact that he's looking at other jobs, he actively pursued other jobs and it happens every single offseason. MSU has given him the world and he pays us back with whoring himself out to Maryland for God's sake. MSU and the fans dont deserve that and must demand better. Period

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    If other programs contacted him and wanted to talk is one thing, I couldn't blame him for listening. But it seems that he or his agent were actively seeking employment else where, and that is unacceptable.

I had one source tell me that Keenum was really pissed about his lack of loyalty and that is the reason he did not extend his contract this year. He has two years left and I would think that we have enough money to buy him out, if it comes to it.

But one game in is not the time to make a decision, but he will be under the microscope this year I would think, if what I heard about Keenum is true.
    What you heard is true. We lessened the buyout by not extending as result of the off field antics after last season. Not getting a raise and extension only widened the gap and further angered the Yankee. Which fully explains why we saw what we saw Saturday. A coach that looked like he just got done with 18 and wanted to hit the 19th hole instead of try to bury an inferior opponent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    Man I hate to be that guy but you my friend are the biggest Mullenite on the board. Its not the fact that he's looking at other jobs, he actively pursued other jobs and it happens every single offseason. MSU has given him the world and he pays us back with whoring himself out to Maryland for God's sake. MSU and the fans dont deserve that and must demand better. Period
    My info is that most of that was BS. Miami was legit, and they contacted him. I'm not a Mullenite by the way. I'm a MSUite. I happen to belive for now Mullen is by far the best option we have. Until that's not the case I'll defend him and support him.

vCash
    He didn't pursue Maryland no matter what some float out there. Including those with an agenda. Maryland floated a number to his agent but he didnt whore himself out to them in any way or fashion. Miami was legit and until Richt changed his mind after turning them down earlier that day, Mullen appeared to be the second choice and was very close to being offered. Georgia from all I heard was never in play. Supposedly the AD called him, agent , somebody, not the other way around, but Smart was going to be the choice from the get go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    He didn't pursue Maryland no matter what some float out there. Including those with an agenda. Maryland floated a number to his agent but he didnt whore himself out to them in any way or fashion. Miami was legit and until Richt changed his mind after turning them down earlier that day, Mullen appeared to be the second choice and was very close to being offered. Georgia from all I heard was never in play. Supposedly the AD called him, agent , somebody, not the other way around, but Smart was going to be the choice from the get go.
    Yes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    What you heard is true. We lessened the buyout by not extending as result of the off field antics after last season. Not getting a raise and extension only widened the gap and further angered the Yankee. Which fully explains why we saw what we saw Saturday. A coach that looked like he just got done with 18 and wanted to hit the 19th hole instead of try to bury an inferior opponent.
    So, "The Yankee" got angry and decided he didn't want to beat South Alabama out of spite?

He actually lost a game we never expected to lose. Maybe it's true that we were up where we should have been at the half, then lost control out of complacency, and that's on Mullen. But that "Yankee" crap is the same damn thing that made Templeton keep hiring Bryant prot?g?s.

There's a coach over at Millsaps who is available if you're interested.

Mullen still wants to make it happen here. The man is driven, even if he wears shorts and runs a marathon. Prospective hires might wonder if there's a reason Jackie couldn't make us a power year after year,..and Mullen couldn't do it either. Both the #2 guys on National Championship Programs.

I'm with just about everyone on the offensive line. But the " I heard from a guy" garbage really stinks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    My info is that most of that was BS. Miami was legit, and they contacted him. I'm not a Mullenite by the way. I'm a MSUite. I happen to belive for now Mullen is by far the best option we have. Until that's not the case I'll defend him and support him.
    Ok being an MSUite why are you okay with him actively pursuing other jobs??? Miami??? Miami has been bad for years, in NCAA trouble and they dont even have their own stadium. Why would you want to leave here to go there. Makes no sense other than he wants out or he thinks he's better than MSU. Its not like its been just one offseason we've had to deal with this crap its every single one. MSU deserves better. I firmly believe if he loses saturday he is done here.

vCash
    I don't care if Muffins actively pursues every opening in college football, as long as it's done through back channels. His seemingly out in the open pursuit was insulting. I would rather he talk about leaving Starkville in a pine box and how awesome State is, only to take another job, than the way he has handled this.

vCash
    If thats true then so be it. But he was still trying to get out. To go somewhere that is a lateral move in my opinion. If he wins saturday I'll be all behind him. I'm gonna be behind him and yelling and ringing like hell for him on saturday, but if he loses this will get worse and I believe he will have coached his last meaningful game here. The rest of the season will be an absolute disaster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Where would he have gone?
    Don't know. Not my problem.

Urban Meyer sat out a year and ended up OK. If he's truly burned out and has enough money to afford sitting out- and unless he has managed him money horribly he should be able to do that- it probably would have been for the best for both of us. He's going to get paid no matter whether he coaches here or not so I can't see that being an issue.

At worst someone would have picked him up as an OC.

vCash
    Ok being an MSUite why are you okay with him actively pursuing other jobs??? Miami??? Miami has been bad for years, in NCAA trouble and they dont even have their own stadium. Why would you want to leave here to go there. Makes no sense other than he wants out or he thinks he's better than MSU. Its not like its been just one offseason we've had to deal with this crap its every single one. MSU deserves better. I firmly believe if he loses saturday he is done here.
    You're probably right about him being done here if he loses Saturday. The only small chance of going 6-6 at that point would involve winning the rest of our OOC games, Kentucky on the road, winning the Egg Bowl and pulling an upset over someone in the West.

vCash
    If thats true then so be it. But he was still trying to get out. To go somewhere that is a lateral move in my opinion. If he wins saturday I'll be all behind him. I'm gonna be behind him and yelling and ringing like hell for him on saturday, but if he loses this will get worse and I believe he will have coached his last meaningful game here. The rest of the season will be an absolute disaster
    I get what you are saying. And honestly most of me agrees with you but we are very biased. Nationally, it's not considered a lateral move by the majority of the coaches. Multiple national titles in recent history, talent rich state, a destination area, easier path to conference and national titles, etc. It is perceived to be a good bit higher profile job.

vCash
    I get what you are saying. And honestly most of me agrees with you but we are very biased. Nationally, it's not considered a lateral move by the majority of the coaches. Multiple national titles in recent history, talent rich state, a destination area, easier path to conference and national titles, etc. It is perceived to be a good bit higher profile job.
    Miami has NCAA trouble, cant keep a coach, they dont even have their own stadium. I dont see it

vCash
    Miami has NCAA trouble, cant keep a coach, they dont even have their own stadium. I dont see it
    Their probation ends this October. Them not retaining a coach is more about who they hired and trying to get back to elite status. They are not losing coaches to other jobs. They have moved on after 4-5 years of average ball.

vCash
    Their probation ends this October. Them not retaining a coach is more about who they hired and trying to get back to elite status. They are not losing coaches to other jobs. They have moved on after 4-5 years of average ball.
    Still dont see it. They dont have near the fan support we do, it is easier to win there but thats about it