Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Labor Day Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Labor Day Edition

I know many of you are headed to Starkville but I'm heading south. I'm fishing in the morning and football all afternoon. No tide this weekend but I'm going to see what I can do.

vCash
    Doves and yeungling light. My wife and her mama are going up to starkville. Me, Im staying down here and killing stuff and making teal blinds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    I know many of you are headed to Starkville but I'm heading south. I'm fishing in the morning and football all afternoon. No tide this weekend but I'm going to see what I can do.
    Just rode 90 from BSL to Cowan Loraine. I have never seen so many schools of fish busting out of the water before. It looked like the fish were in hot grease. Conversely, every pelican along the gulf coast were on top of them. I saw easily over 200 of them. I'm sitting at Allen Toyota and just saw that there are tons of dead fish in Pass harbor on the tv as I'm sitting here typing this. Somethings going on, obviously, but I hope it doesn't mess up your fishing. The water is so nasty right now, I went earlier this week and had my best luck with anything with a chartreuse tail and the chartreuse gulp swimming mullet

I'll be down here as well. Probably won't be able to make it to any games this year. With that said, I'm doing ribs and wings tomorrow and I suck at BBQ sauces. Anyone have a recipe that will just knock my socks off? I've found that the time hasn't been worth the results when I make them. Can't be hot (my wife).
    Last edited by Uncle Ruckus; 09-02-2016 at 06:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    Just rode 90 from BSL to Cowan Loraine. I have never seen so many schools of fish busting out of the water before. It looked like the fish were in hot grease. Conversely, every pelican along the gulf coast were on top of them. I saw easily over 200 of them. I'm sitting at Allen Toyota and just saw that there are tons of dead fish in Pass harbor on the tv as I'm sitting here typing this. Somethings going on, obviously, but I hope it doesn't mess up your fishing. The water is so nasty right now, I went earlier this week and had my best luck with anything with a chartreuse tail and the chartreuse gulf mullet

I'll be down here as well. Probably won't be able to make it to any games this year. With that said, I'm doing ribs and wings tomorrow and I suck at BBQ sauces. Anyone have a recipe that will just knock my socks off? I've found that the time hasn't been worth the results when I make them. Can't be hot (my wife).
    I made a similar drive down 90 today and noticed the Pelicans. I've never seen that many before. It was wild, for sure.

vCash
    Just sat down in Downtowwwwnn Louisvuuuuhhhllll at Market Cafe. Having blackened redfish with jumbo shrimp and a hollandaise sauce.

vCash
    Just ate some Chinese to-go and workin on some white cans on the coast. Just finished tying off all the rods and organizing all the tackle for tomorrow's trip. Bright and early wake-up call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Just sat down in Downtowwwwnn Louisvuuuuhhhllll at Market Cafe. Having blackened redfish with jumbo shrimp and a hollandaise sauce.
    I've heard that place is good. I met the chef through a mutual friend when they first opened. Nice guy

vCash
    Just ate some Chinese to-go and workin on some white cans on the coast. Just finished tying off all the rods and organizing all the tackle for tomorrow's trip. Bright and early wake-up call.
    Give us an update tomorrow morning. Was told a few days ago the triple tail were thick closer to la waters. He saw one at about every other crab trap

vCash
    Alright outdoor dawgs, on a flight home from Korea and am somewhere over the Pacific just off the Japanese coast....so a long way from home. A few food pics for you from my last day in Korea:

Kimchi hot dog

Spicy stewed chicken feet, octopus, pork belly- was excellent:

Flight attendant just hooked me up w two Woodfords, so this leg of the flight feels great after 25 days of no booze. Will be following game thread closely, won't land in Dallas till 1600.

vCash
    Very nice Sapper. I really enjoyed the pig belly over there and several other things, but that kimchi smell still makes me feel nauseous. That reminds me to post a few pics from my last night in Japan - just returned late Thursday night.

Tuna marinated in soy sauce and some garlic rice.

Sake

Barley Shochu

ETA: Boiling shrimp for the game today.

vCash
    Smoking a butt and a turkey breast. Have the cooler iced down with Pacificos and Coors Lights.
    If you can overdose on college football, I'm going to do my best today!
    Hail state!

ETA: I also suck at making BBQ sauces like the guy above. Any recipes or tips on that would be appreciated.

vCash
    Beast, I hope you're still on the water and having a good time out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    Beast, I hope you're still on the water and having a good time out
    Didn't watch a snap of the game but had a good day on the water. I got in my truck and called me brother as we were lining up for a field goal and stayed on the line for the miss. Turrible

vCash
    Shrimp and bulldog disappointment for dinner here.

vCash
    Starting loading the boat at 5am. Gotta get an early start

Was idling out at 5:35 and it was so dark I could barely see

Was kinda worried with the conditions today. Beautiful day temp and wind wise. However, basically no tide, no wind. Did I mention it was hot? We went inside the interior marsh in the East Biloxi marsh. Fished early for trout with plastic. Between 3 of us, probably caught 50. Was never fast and furious but was pretty consistent. It was probably 3-1 small to keeper. 16 made the ride home. At 9ish we switched gears to redfish and caught 12 with 5 measuring. All 5 were good slot fish ranging from 20-26 inches. Went shark fish late and hooked up numerous and times but got bit off after good fights. Great day on the water with 2 of my boys.

Soaking my sorrows at the bar with some Fat Tire draft and some seared ahi

vCash
    Nothing wrong with that at all, Beast. I'm impatiently waiting on the bay to clean up some so I can get the kayak back out there.

vCash
    Yesterday had 2 buddies out with me but today was me, brother, and dad. Went out to same area and the weather was a little sketch early but by late morning it was clearing up in the Biloxi Marsh. Caught a ton of fish. I'm guessing 100 trout with 36 keepers. We picked through small trout. Added 2 black drum and a red. It was another slack tide today so I'm pretty happy with the catch.

Drinking a goose island and going to dinner later. 2 fun days on the water and plenty of beers has helped the loss. I haven't melted down at all. Loved the hell of the USM comeback. Caught it at a sports bar in Diamondhead. Just and FYI, we're 9.5 point favorites. How the hell lol

vCash
    Any of you Coast Dawgs been to Rum Kitchen in Waveland? I ate there last night and it was hella legit. They had a crazy taco menu where you could pick which ones you wanted.

vCash
    Any of you Coast Dawgs been to Rum Kitchen in Waveland? I ate there last night and it was hella legit. They had a crazy taco menu where you could pick which ones you wanted.
    I went shortly after they opened and wasn't overly impressed. I liked the concept and menu though and figured I would give it another shot after they had been open for some time. Looks like I need to get over there again soon.

vCash
    Grabbed a burger at Ed's in Hatty. Been wanting to eat there since it opened. Any RSJ joint is good. Was very good. Pimento cheese burger and onion rings