Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This Saturday's Uniform Confirmed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Yep, gotta agree. But also add in the gray pants with maroon jerseys on occasion at home. And never, ever think about having black uniforms again ... or camo.
    Don't watch the A&M game then since it is a black out.

vCash
    No to the black jerseys. No to a special Egg Bowl (or any other) single game uniform. We look silly when we lose the game, and it doesn't mean much when we win.
    Yeah but we also look badass when we win those games. We didn't wear an Egg Bowl uniform last year and we won the blackout against Kentucky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. We are trying to make sure to get the kids up for a couple games this year, now I know to make sure we definitely don't go up for that one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    It is a blackout for the fans, but I don't know about the players. I do know when we made such a big deal about the Snow Bowl rematch a few years ago it was rather embarrassing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yeah but we also look badass when we win those games. We didn't wear an Egg Bowl uniform last year and we won the blackout against Kentucky.
    I think we learned out lesson with the EB uniforms the two years before last year. I suppose if we have to wear black, at least do it against a relatively weak team like Kentucky where we have a good chance of winning.

vCash

vCash
    It is a blackout for the fans, but I don't know about the players. I do know when we made such a big deal about the Snow Bowl rematch a few years ago it was rather embarrassing.
    I think there is a concerted effort from both schools to make the uniforms as different as possible(color scheme wise) since the schools' colors are the same. aTm wore similar uniforms when we played them at home in '14.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Looks good to me. I'm 1 who likes the black shoes & socks.
    Same here

vCash
    Yes celebrating an Independence Bowl win is embarrassing but when we wear black or an alternate uniform like the Egg Bowl we're just marketing ourselves.

vCash
    I think we learned out lesson with the EB uniforms the two years before last year. I suppose if we have to wear black, at least do it against a relatively weak team like Kentucky where we have a good chance of winning.
    I was more embarrassed by the performance of the team. I don't remember any smack about the uniforms from Ole Miss personally. The two times we wore special Egg Bowl uniforms at home we won and they were quite popular. I think not doing something because you might be embarrassed is a little silly.

vCash
    Love these.

My only issues - and they are very minor - are the Mississippi State letterhead over the numbers (It won't go away, so whatever) and the black trim. If black isn't one of your primary colors, it looks bad as a trim color. Reminds me of the Lions' jerseys, where their colors are blue and silver except for bizarre black facemasks and jersey trim. It looks bad on them, too.
    Last edited by smootness; 09-01-2016 at 09:06 PM.