Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else see the hypocrisy of the NFL. Allowing Kapernakus to sit out Anthem.

vCash
    Yall need to lay off KK.... his ignorance and/or lie is no greater than this:

dbea90bcc38d664d3bf224c6f1f9ed89_crop_north.jpg

or this:

1208-jay-z-black-out-nets-twitter-4.jpg
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Those saying a white player sitting down to protest gay marriage, that's promoting discrimination. No different than if a white (or black) player sat down in protest of the legalization of interracial marriage or to protest women's suffrage. Not allowing 2 consenting adults to make a decision to marry and not giving them the rights of a married couple is discrimination, pure and simple. You can disagree with their choice of spouse, but you aren't the one marrying the other person, so what's it matter to you. I know plenty of straight folks that have gotten married to people I would've never married either.

Point being, promoting discrimination is far different from bringing a spotlight to a social injustice kaep believes exists, whether you think it exists or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I have no idea what this country stands for anymore.
    What's that saying...
    It stands for nothing, so it falls for anything.

vCash
    What bugs me most about Kaepernick is that he is using the celebrity of the NFL to make his protest. The NFL is a brand
    and they have worked hard to build it. There are 52 other guys out there who busted their butts to make it on a NFL team and Kaepernick is stealing their collective celebrity. I dont think players should be allowed to piggy back off the NFL brand to make social protest. If he wants to go on Rachael Maddow and talk about his views, then so be it. He would be using his own celebrity to draw attention, not the celebrity of the NFL brand
    Last edited by Oleo; 08-31-2016 at 08:01 AM.

vCash
    Can't believe no one sees the irony in the left wing loon Kaepernick wearing a Fidel Castro t-shirt while whining about freedom and liberty....

vCash
    Yeah, I saw him wearing the tshirt... shows his stupidity. Also, he was once fined for calling someone a N* during a game

Finally, his own mom...“There’s ways to make change w/o disrespecting & bringing shame to the very country & family who afforded you so many blessings”

vCash
    I think, just like the BLM, his protest would probably benefit from him using specifics. Saying "people are oppressed and things should change" is not an actual call to action. Makes his protest seem empty and attention seeking. And, like BLM, he should probably read some statistics regarding police shootings instead of making sweeping generalities off of hot button media cases.

vCash
    I hate these kinds of comparisons. All they do is stir up a sense of unfairness based on a false equivalency. It's the same kind of thing as resentment toward people using SNAP benefits because other people have to pay for their groceries. I in no way support him sitting for the anthem because I think of patriotism as a duty of citizenship. There's a good piece today in the Sun Herald about Chris Jackson/Abdul-Rauf making the same decision in the 90's and the consequences of that decision. I'll put the link here, but you may not be able to read without a sub. I'm sure most of you know that he's from Gulfport. I think he lives here now, but not sure. http://www.sunherald.com/sports/spt-...e98847212.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    The hilarious hypocrisy of bringing up "this path of PC" while bashing a guy for doing something you disagree with. By complaining aren't you getting offended?
    If he has a right to do what he did then people by all means have a right to bash him for it. Freedom works both ways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    If he has a right to do what he did then people by all means have a right to bash him for it. Freedom works both ways.
    Exactly right. One is accountable for one's decisions and behavior.

vCash
    Kap wearing the Castro shirt shows what a dumb mf'er he really is. It also shows the intelligence of a large amount of the people you are dealing with jumping on this bandwagon.

vCash
    Kap definitely had a right to do what he did, say what he said and wear what he wore. Two things though.

1.) Where was Kim Davis' SAME rights in Kentucky? And before you say discrimination against same sex couples let me remind you STILL the state of Kentucky does NOT (as well as most states) recognize sodomy based marriage as a LEGAL UNION. So she did NOT break the law rather UPHELD the state she's employed by's law. And before you mention the SCOTUS ruling from June over a year ago, they CAN NOT MAKE LAWS! Only Congress can make law, they can only rule on the Constitution. The 1st amendment really (in today's standards) only matters when it is tag lined Vs Christian Faith. As far as Kap goes, although he had (and has) the right to do what he did he should be reprimanded by a league that has mostly embraced the soldiers that FIGHT FOR the rights mentioned. My employer will one day NO DOUBT have to fire me because I share Christ with those at my job. And I have the right to do it, but (as someone said above) when at work I represent an employer....but I also represent my Employer (God) as well.

And before someone calls me homophobic, you don't even know me. I'm anti-sexual immorality of ALL KINDS....including the kind the church has tried to keep quiet on (unbiblical divorce, adultery & sex before marriage). The fact that we have 2 candidates running for president as well as the current one and don't know constitutional law is ridiculous. We are a nation of ignorance run by ignorant leaders who one want to make our nation more & more PC.

2.) What about the pastors rights to their sermons not long ago? When they were ORDERED (again judicial over-reach) to send in their sermons notes (in Texas I believe). Where were their rights? And before you spout "separation of church & state" let me remind you the founders wrote that to keep the STATE OUT OF THE CHURCH.....NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND as the left loves to mention.

Just a few thoughts, I won't bash Kap and say he's "un-American" but I will say that there have been times where I am personally convicted of repeating the national anthem because this nation is NOT "one nation under God", rather a nation CHALK FULL of little gods (idols) that we worship DAILY! And one of the greatest and largest is SELF, narcissism. Self adoration & glorification. We sit in our pews on Saturday afternoon (or morning or night) during the fall and "worship" the god of football across this nation. We bend our knees to ESPN before we go to bed late Saturday night or the wee hours of Sunday morning & worship the deity of pigskin all the while claiming to be "wise" throwing away tailgate food at our tailgate parties that would feed an entire small village for a week. So I do (somewhat) agree with him very minutely.

But it's not our soldier's fault that they serve, died for a nation of idols. So yes I stand, I place mt hand over my heart and out of love for those families who've suffered loss that I've never met & the law enforcement officer's families who have ALSO lost I do say the anthem. And then I get back to work being "salt & light" for the Lord consoling & loving on those who're hurting & are weary no matter their sexual orientation, sin, religion or color of their skin. Because that's what made this nation what it WAS FOUNDED ON.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach 57 View Post
    I'm anti-sexual immorality of ALL KINDS....
    Blow-jobs are awesome, dude***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Nope.. I see the difference. One is a constitutional protected right. the other is a professional uniform regulated by the league. Now if the Cowboys all wanted to get tattoos on their bodies that would be different. Do I think what the league did is right? Nope. And if Jerry had balls and wasn't up to his eyes in the leagues ass they would do it and dare the NFL to fine them and then pay any fine to show how dumb it is.
    This is the correct answer. I do not see any hypocrisy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    This is the correct answer. I do not see any hypocrisy.
    The problem is, if you disagree with kaep's whole stance then you have to throw the kitchen sink in your faux outrage, and that includes bashing the NFL, America, political correction, "they", and whatever else you can get irrationally pissed about. People can't be bothered to have a nuanced analysis when there's internet memes to share on Facebook.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Schmedlap View Post
    What's that saying...
    It stands for nothing, so it falls for anything.
    "It" is not beyond the walls. "It" is in the mirror. Hope the picture is clear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    "It" is not beyond the walls. "It" is in the mirror. Hope the picture is clear.
    I just hope when Trump finishes the wall on the Mexican boarder there is enough material left over to build one between Miss and Alabama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach 57 View Post
    Kap definitely had a right to do what he did, say what he said and wear what he wore. Two things though.

1.) Where was Kim Davis' SAME rights in Kentucky? And before you say discrimination against same sex couples let me remind you STILL the state of Kentucky does NOT (as well as most states) recognize sodomy based marriage as a LEGAL UNION. So she did NOT break the law rather UPHELD the state she's employed by's law. And before you mention the SCOTUS ruling from June over a year ago, they CAN NOT MAKE LAWS! Only Congress can make law, they can only rule on the Constitution. The 1st amendment really (in today's standards) only matters when it is tag lined Vs Christian Faith. As far as Kap goes, although he had (and has) the right to do what he did he should be reprimanded by a league that has mostly embraced the soldiers that FIGHT FOR the rights mentioned. My employer will one day NO DOUBT have to fire me because I share Christ with those at my job. And I have the right to do it, but (as someone said above) when at work I represent an employer....but I also represent my Employer (God) as well.

And before someone calls me homophobic, you don't even know me. I'm anti-sexual immorality of ALL KINDS....including the kind the church has tried to keep quiet on (unbiblical divorce, adultery & sex before marriage). The fact that we have 2 candidates running for president as well as the current one and don't know constitutional law is ridiculous. We are a nation of ignorance run by ignorant leaders who one want to make our nation more & more PC.

2.) What about the pastors rights to their sermons not long ago? When they were ORDERED (again judicial over-reach) to send in their sermons notes (in Texas I believe). Where were their rights? And before you spout "separation of church & state" let me remind you the founders wrote that to keep the STATE OUT OF THE CHURCH.....NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND as the left loves to mention.

Just a few thoughts, I won't bash Kap and say he's "un-American" but I will say that there have been times where I am personally convicted of repeating the national anthem because this nation is NOT "one nation under God", rather a nation CHALK FULL of little gods (idols) that we worship DAILY! And one of the greatest and largest is SELF, narcissism. Self adoration & glorification. We sit in our pews on Saturday afternoon (or morning or night) during the fall and "worship" the god of football across this nation. We bend our knees to ESPN before we go to bed late Saturday night or the wee hours of Sunday morning & worship the deity of pigskin all the while claiming to be "wise" throwing away tailgate food at our tailgate parties that would feed an entire small village for a week. So I do (somewhat) agree with him very minutely.

But it's not our soldier's fault that they serve, died for a nation of idols. So yes I stand, I place mt hand over my heart and out of love for those families who've suffered loss that I've never met & the law enforcement officer's families who have ALSO lost I do say the anthem. And then I get back to work being "salt & light" for the Lord consoling & loving on those who're hurting & are weary no matter their sexual orientation, sin, religion or color of their skin. Because that's what made this nation what it WAS FOUNDED ON.
    Great post. People have become warped in this country, and I attribute a lot of it to indoctrination in schools. It blows me away that we have babies being killed by abortion but people get more upset at a damn gorilla getting killed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I just hope when Trump finishes the wall on the Mexican boarder there is enough material left over to build one between Miss and Alabama.
    Yall'd just dig under it.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleo View Post
    What bugs me most about Kaepernick is that he is using the celebrity of the NFL to make his protest. The NFL is a brand
    and they have worked hard to build it. There are 52 other guys out there who busted their butts to make it on a NFL team and Kaepernick is stealing their collective celebrity. I dont think players should be allowed to piggy back off the NFL brand to make social protest. If he wants to go on Rachael Maddow and talk about his views, then so be it. He would be using his own celebrity to draw attention, not the celebrity of the NFL brand
    He isn't really piggy backing off it. Did he tell the news and ESPN to focus on the issue and make half the sports segments and ESPN shows talk about it? No. But in this day and age of networks looking for controversial matters he gave them one. The TV stations and social media made this is a story. Not him.