Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So Colin Kaepernick hates America

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    You know if someone isn't happy with this country is or what it stands for they are more than welcome to live somewhere else. Nobody in this country is gonna make them live somewhere where they're not happy. Good riddance!
    Agree 100%.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    I think that goes for Hugh as well. Freeze and Killaburger.
    I hope to hell nobody would consider the name Hugh anyway..

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Chaser View Post
    I agree with above and this goes for the former State players that favorited the tweet.
    Which state players retweeted? Hope that idiot gets cut from the nfl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by youraveragesavage View Post
    Which state players retweeted? Hope that idiot gets cut from the nfl.
    Bumphis and nick griffin both liked it.

vCash
    As a lifelong 49ers fan. I find it more upsetting that the team respects his decision. And for that matter I went on record to people who know i was a diehard 9ers fan until today! Screw that organization.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadisonDawg View Post
    Wow, that's disappointing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadisonDawg View Post
    Screw Bumphis. Liked him but he can go to hell now.
    Seriously, 17 him.

vCash
    And Griffin, if I was the head coach, would never see the field. I have zero tolerance for the absolute ignorance.
    Zero tolerance for that level of ignorance. Zero.
    Last edited by dawgoneyall; 08-28-2016 at 12:24 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by youraveragesavage View Post
    Wow, that's disappointing.
    Yeah it really is....

vCash
    There is a lot of hate, ignorance, and intolerance going on in here. Just freaking wow! I guess those true colors come out when we think that we are alone.

vCash
    Excuse me! I'm not generally a hater, usually tolerant and definitely not ignorant. But when somebody disrespects my country by refusing to stand and show respect while the national anthem is being played I believe he is the one that is displaying "hate", "intolerance" and "hate"!

vCash
    And the idea of black oppression in this country is a myth today. It was accurate during slavery and during segregation, but it's a myth today. With affirmative action, quotas, etc. blacks have become the privileged class. Heck, the NFL has a Rooney rule that forces you to interview a black coach. They don't have the same in place for white running backs.

vCash
    So Colin Kaepernick hates America

And America hates him. **** him.

Head Elitedawg Croot Reporter
    vCash
    Ok I am gonna speak as a veteran. Not as a white guy. Not as a black. In the military, there wasn't black and white. It was a brotherhood. I had his six. He had mine. It wasn't black lives matter. It wasn't white lives matter. It was American lives matter. For this little dipshit to do what he is doing is not a Social statement. It's not a black man making a stand. It's a slap in the face of every American, black, white, Asian, Hispanic..... That ever put on a uniform and defended the right for him to go out on a football and make millions of dollars to suck the way he does. Anyone, regardless of color or lack there of, that thinks this is a good thing for him to do is wrong. Everything in this country is not a social issues. Sometimes people are just being a dick. That's a fact

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElitedawgRecruiting View Post
    Ok I am gonna speak as a veteran. Not as a white guy. Not as a black. In the military, there wasn't black and white. It was a brotherhood. I had his six. He had mine. It wasn't black lives matter. It wasn't white lives matter. It was American lives matter. For this little dipshit to do what he is doing is not a Social statement. It's not a black man making a stand. It's a slap in the face of every American, black, white, Asian, Hispanic..... That ever put on a uniform and defended the right for him to go out on a football and make millions of dollars to suck the way he does. Anyone, regardless of color or lack there of, that thinks this is a good thing for him to do is wrong. Everything in this country is not a social issues. Sometimes people are just being a dick. That's a fact
    Damn straight.

vCash
    A football player exhibits disrespect toward our nation's flag and anthem and people want him to leve the country. Donald Trump repeatedly defames the parents of a young man who gave his life for our country and millions want to vote for him to be POTUS. The flag and anthem are symbols the we should all respect. (And I do, without exception.) This country has a long tradition of holding Gold Star Parents (particularly Gold Star Mothers) in the highest of high esteem. Defaming one is tantamount to blasphemy.
    My point? What Kaepernick did was wrong and distasteful. However, it pales in comparison to what lMr.Trump said about a Muslim Gold Star Mother. Patriotic moral outrage should be consistent or it is Bulls--t. Remember what John Prine said: "Your Flag Decal Won't Get You Into Heaven Anymore. "

Head Elitedawg Croot Reporter
    vCash
    I never said I wanted him to leave the country. And I never said everything Trump says or does is accurate or acceptable. My entire point in this is simple. There are people that fight on a daily basis to defend the right for you to have an opinion. For trump to have an opinion. For Hillary to have an opinion. For This idiot to have an opinion. I am all for him making a social stance. Hell I will join him in doing so. But to make a mockery of the country that gives him the freedom to do so and the people standing up and guarding a border so he can do so is wrong. It's not something that should be applauded. Being patriotic isn't something you can put on and take off in order for you to make a point. That part we agree on. Being patriotic isn't something you can use in order to justify being a dick in the way Trump used it either. We swore an oath to fight for and defend this country and all the citizens of it. Regardless of race, creed, religion, sexual preference, whether your dumb enough to be an ole miss fan, or any other way you choose to be. That flag is a symbol of that. That flag is sacred. And if Kaep or Trump or anyone else doesn't get that, they are an ignorant piece of garbage

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElitedawgRecruiting View Post
    Exactly. People get offended so easily and for little of nothing. ***** generation. Freedom is to be respected. The organization here should take a stand in how their employee is representing them. Which is badly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    A football player exhibits disrespect toward our nation's flag and anthem and people want him to leve the country. Donald Trump repeatedly defames the parents of a young man who gave his life for our country and millions want to vote for him to be POTUS. The flag and anthem are symbols the we should all respect. (And I do, without exception.) This country has a long tradition of holding Gold Star Parents (particularly Gold Star Mothers) in the highest of high esteem. Defaming one is tantamount to blasphemy.
    My point? What Kaepernick did was wrong and distasteful. However, it pales in comparison to what lMr.Trump said about a Muslim Gold Star Mother. Patriotic moral outrage should be consistent or it is Bulls--t. Remember what John Prine said: "Your Flag Decal Won't Get You Into Heaven Anymore. "

I recall Trump saying he would have liked to hear her speak. With that said take liberal agenda and get your facts right.

vCash
    Outkick The Coverage MENU

Outkick The Coverage
    College Football Blog
    Colin Kaepernick Is an Idiot
    Colin Kaepernick,Packers 49ers Football
    Tony Avelar
    By Clay Travis
    Aug 27, 2016 at 11:24a ET
    SHARES
    As a first amendment absolutist I support Colin Kaepernick's right to make whatever statement he wants about his political beliefs. But since I'm a full bore proponent of the marketplace of ideas, I also feel very comfortable saying this -- Kaepernick is a ****ing idiot.

Let me explain.

Here is what Colin Kaepernick said about his decision not to stand for the national anthem during last night's preseason game.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

First, who is getting away with murder? That's a strong accusation. Who in particular has committed murder in this country and not been charged with it? If you're going to make this statement then you need to give us particulars that motivate your decision and your beliefs. I don't want bland generalities, I want specifics here. If you feel strongly enough to refuse to "stand up to show pride in a flag," then you need to have some basis for your decision. So far Kaepernick has shown none. Indeed, his Twitter feed is a hodgepodge of unintelligible retweets of random, often incorrect, Internet articles that have no coherent connection. In typical social justice warrior, PC bromani fashion, Kaepernick has chosen to make his voice heard in a way that pretty much only draws attention to him and does nothing to make any situation better. That's fine, but what exactly is Kaepernick proving by making this point?

Moreover, why, in his sixth season in the NFL, did he suddenly decide that the country is oppressing black people and people of color. Presumably the country's black president didn't make a decision this year to suddenly lead a country into systemic oppression of black people. So what has suddenly changed that made him willing to stand for five years for the national anthem and unwilling to stand this year? He needs to offer a reasonable explanation for what has changed that led to his decision to stop supporting the country's anthem.

Again, I support Kaepernick's right to voice his political opinion -- a robust and uninhibited first amendment is what makes this country great -- but if you're going to demand that your voice be heard, you better be able to explain why you want your voice to be heard when we give you the attention you're demanding. Kaepernick's explanation is a bland and cliche-riddled statement lacking in specificity or direct connection to any tangible goal. This isn't Ali standing up to the Vietnam War or athletes demanding equal treatment under the law during the civil rights movement, it's an absurd attention-seeking statement with no substance behind it.

Once you make the decision to enter the marketplace of ideas, in my opinion, you're obligated to put forward a coherent reason for your decision-making if you want to be taken seriously. Otherwise, I can feel free, thanks to this same first amendment that you're using to gain attention, to pronounce you a daft prima donna whose football talents have so deteriorated you aren't even capable of beating out Blaine freaking Gabbert to be quarterback. As if that weren't enough I can also say that based on your Twitter feed you look like a lost and psychologically unstable individual.

Second, what does the United States do to oppress black people? I'm not being obtuse with this question, what tangible decisions does the United States government -- currently helmed by a black man as president and a black woman as head of the justice department -- make that oppress black people and other people of color? I want actual governmental actions that legally treat black people differently in a negative fashion and that Kaepernick feels need to be changed. Again, once you demand that your voice be heard in this fashion, you need to explain what you want changed. I don't want bullshit generalities, I want specific issues that have so troubled you that you feel the need to stop standing for the national anthem for the first time in your six year NFL career.

Because when I review federal law, what I see is the exact opposite of black oppression. Everyone is treated as equally as they possibly can be by the federal government. There is no systemic racism in our federal government. In fact, affirmative action is actually a governmental attempt to treat black people unequally -- that is more favorably than other people -- solely because of their race. If anything, the United States government's laws discriminate in favor of black people based on their skin color. I'm open to hearing what systemic oppression Kaepernick believes the United States government is undertaking and what he believes need to be redressed. But he has provided none of these specifics so far. If you want me to treat your opinions with respect, you need to provide opinions worthy of respect. Not just insipid generalities.

Third, once you make a political statement like this your own life becomes worthy of discussion and analysis. Kaepernick was raised by two white parents after his own birth parents weren't willing or able to raise him themselves. If the country is fundamentally racist, doesn't the fact that two white people chose to raise an abandoned black child offer persuasive evidence that his analysis of the country's racial composition is overly broad and not supported by his own life experience? Moreover, Colin Kaepernick received a free college education based on his football talents and he's currently being paid over $19 million this year. Last year he made over $20 million. If that's governmental oppression, sign me up.

Fourth, Kaepernick has put his team, his coaches, and his organization directly in the firing line based upon his political statement. Every single teammate and coach will be asked about his refusal to stand for the national anthem. Already the 49ers organization has had to issue an official statement that disagrees with Kaepernick's stance:

"The national anthem is and always will be a special part of the pre-game ceremony. It is an opportunity to honor our country and reflect on the great liberties we are afforded as its citizens. In respecting such American principles as freedom of religion and freedom of expression, we recognize the right of an individual to choose and participate, or not, in our celebration of the national anthem."

As if that weren't enough, Kaepernick, despite being paid over $19 million, is currently being beaten out by Blaine Gabbert to be the starting quarterback for the 49ers this year. It would be one thing if Kaepernick had made this statement as one of the top quarterbacks in the league -- which at one point he was -- instead this just looks like the desperate and unsubstantiated rantings of someone who is aware he will soon fall back into football oblivion. What's more, this also gives him a convenient excuse if he's benched or released by the 49ers, they did this based on my political opinions, not based on my talent. Maybe that will make him feel better when he's unemployed, but it shouldn't.

Fifth, whether or not you believe that the national anthem should play before sporting events -- I've personally always found it strange that pro sporting events, which are just entertainment, play the national anthem before games. After all, we don't play the national anthem before movies. -- your decision not to stand has been defended by countless soldiers of all races who have lost their lives defending your rights to make millions of dollars playing a game for a living. Many of those same soldiers, of all races, religions and creeds, are fans of your team or your league. When you choose to make a political statement that directly attacks what they defend, you better be really damn sure that you're offering a coherent political statement that advances a cause worthy of the lives that have been lost to give you the right to disrespect the country.

And the sad truth is this -- Colin Kaepernick's decision not to stand for the national anthem, at least thus far, isn't supported by any actionable or coherent political belief or tangible call to action. Worse than that, it's not just an insult to many people in this country, it's an insult to anyone with a working brain.

SHARES
    VIEW COMMENTS 3
    FOXSports.com > Writers | Contact Us | Press | Jobs | RSS | Sitemap
    Follow FOX Sports > Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Tumblr
    Other FOX Sites > FS1 | FOX | FOX News | 21st Century Fox | FOX Sports Supports | FOX Deportes
    Partners > Shop | Tickets
    Statistical Information provided by: STATS LLC
    ?2016 Fox Sports Interactive Media, LLC. All rights reserved.
    Use of this website (including any and all parts and components) constitutes your acceptance of these Terms of Use and New Privacy Policy.
    New Privacy Policy | Advertising Choices | Terms of Use | EULA