Thread: Univ. South Panola falls to 0-2.

vCash

Univ. South Panola falls to 0-2.

Meridian does the deed this week. I'm sure there's random people across the state enjoying this.

vCash
    Their coach must have saw this coming and announced his exit preseason

vCash
    Awesome. Hope they lose em all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Meridian does the deed this week. I'm sure there's random people across the state enjoying this.
    I see what u did there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Their coach must have saw this coming and announced his exit preseason
    Or maybe revenge for forcing him out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    This was probably going to happen to South Panola no matter what as 6A football and the sport becomes increasingly white collar. They don't have the resources that the Jackson Metro, Gulf Coast, DeSoto County schools do.

vCash
    Curse of the Goat- Cubs
    Curse of the Bambino- Red Sox
    Curse of the C34- South Panola

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    This was probably going to happen to South Panola no matter what as 6A football and the sport becomes increasingly white collar. They don't have the resources that the Jackson Metro, Gulf Coast, DeSoto County schools do.
    LOL, riiiiight.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Funds are not the problem. They are ok where the rubber meets the road, if you know what I mean.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
    Funds are not the problem. They are ok where the rubber meets the road, if you know what I mean.
    I'm talking more about the funds of their actual players as individuals rather than the program itself. I'm referring more to private instruction more than anything.

vCash
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to starkvegasdawg34 agAin

Archimedes
    vCash
    Its football not band! Only position really that benefits from private lessons is qb and that you still have to have athletic ability.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    Its football not band! Only position really that benefits from private lessons is qb and that you still have to have athletic ability.
    Exactly right about quarterback. And as offenses get more sophisticated at the high school level and Mississippi teams get more and more efficient at it, it hurts South Panola because with the talent that they produce plus demographics a ground and pound style league favors them.

I'd also say private lessons benefit kickers and punters as well. I'd also say that private strength training helps level the playing field as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I'm still pondering the idea that retirement was announced following offer of immunity.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Exactly right about quarterback. And as offenses get more sophisticated at the high school level and Mississippi teams get more and more efficient at it, it hurts South Panola because with the talent that they produce plus demographics a ground and pound style league favors them.

I'd also say private lessons benefit kickers and punters as well. I'd also say that private strength training helps level the playing field as well.
    Tell me who teaches private kicking and punting lessons in the state? Strength training helps a little but i would be willing to bet a large pay check less than 5% of the kids playing high school football in ms gets it. To take it a step further probably only 30% of those getting it play public school football.