Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was anyone, no matter how big a fan, expecting Dak to do this?

vCash

Was anyone, no matter how big a fan, expecting Dak to do this?

vCash
    I was almost certain he would do well, so I'm not all that surprised ... but I'm amazed. I couldn't believe he wasn't drafted a lot earlier.

vCash
    Good article.

To answer your question, i think we all knew Dak was underrated going into the preseason, but I don't think anyone can honestly say that they believed he would play as well as he has been. I wouldn't even expect a #1 overall pick to do what he has done.

Banned
    vCash
    I honestly never expected it

vCash
    I was surprised he went so late in the draft...but he has been more accurate in the NFL than he was most of the time at State. He was more accurate as a senior. Really happy for him.

vCash
    Short answer, no. Expected him to do well, but not like this.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    I was expecting some improvement when he finally had an OLine but I wasn't expecting quite this much of a bump in play. Goes to show what we need and have needed to win the SEC.

vCash
    I was also surprised he went so late. My hope was that he'd be drafted by a team that would provide time for him to develop fully,..somewhere he wouldn't be thrown to the wolves.

Things look good right now. But I have the suspicion that things might turn bad if Romo cannot get back out there. At least get Dak some time on the sidelines where he can gain some experience without extreme pressure.

No one out there will work harder than Dak. He's got what it takes.

vCash
    I'd like to hear Hevesy comment on this topic. I am very pleasantly surprised by his great play this early. I thought he would work his way into a starter somewhere, but in time. He looks like he could start right now on quite a few teams. Kid is strong, mentally as well as physically.
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Truth. I did not expect this. I used to be on the side of "sit and learn for two years", but I now think, if you got it you got it. We will see.

vCash
    No.

Anyone saying otherwise is lying.

Did some think he would do well? I'm sure. But nobody saw him being the top QB in the preseason in his first year. Nobody.

Banned
    vCash
    Shocked and happy for Dak beyond any expectation I had before now.

vCash
    After the Kentucky game last year I was convinced that Dak was an NFL QB. He did some things in that game that only NFL QBs do. That being said, I thought he was a 2nd rounder due to that and when he fell to the 4th round I couldn't figure out why. However, you could make an argument that if we had a redraft today he'd be a top 5 overall pick.

I thought Dak was underrated but his overall feel for the game and how slow the NFL game appears to be for him is shocking to me. I thought he'd be somewhat of a project.

vCash
    I was just hoping he would make the team. Now with his good play and injuries to Romo and Moore, looks like he will be seeing significant playing time this year. I hope Romo is well enough to carry the load for much of the year. Would help Dak in easing into the starting role, but he may get thrown in much sooner than expected. Looks like he is as ready as any rookie in the NFL.

vCash
    I didn't. I figured that it'd be next preseason before we saw such a dramatic improvement in his footwork.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." James "Mad Dog" Mattis, General/USMC August 2006

vCash
    As much as people seem to hate the Cowboys, this is a prime place for Dak. They have a good/great offensive line. IMO, it would be better for Romo to stay healthy this year and maybe part of next. With what appears to be a decent running back and receivers, Romo nor Dak have to carry the whole load. If he continues to learn and progress, the Cowboys have their QB for next 10+ years. Enjoy it!!!

vCash
    Romo is scheduled for an MRI tomorrow. Back issues again. This may be welcome to the Dak Prescott era in Dallas.

Dallas may be in the market for a backup quarterback after all.

vCash
    I'll chime in to say you people wishing he could sit are DEAD ASS WRONG.

Top picks have the luxury of sitting because they are guaranteed to play. Too much investment. 4th rounders have t make the most RIGHT AWAY and then get their staying power. This is the best thing that could happen to Dak. Sorry Kellen Moore but that promoted Dak to getting this PT instead of going 4-5 in the garbage time 4th quarter.

I hope Dak starts all 16 this year as that is his BEST opportunity to stick.

vCash
    I'm being completely honest here. With his drive, determination, & work ethic and being drafted in the fourth round, which was more fuel to prove folks wrong, I expected him to take the NFL by storm. I'm a huge 30 years 'Skins fan & I even told my wife, with Dak, Dallas is gonna be hard to beat, he will be their franchise QB. They will win a Super Bowl with him.

Part of the reasoning behind that was, being a 'Skins fan, luck ain't been on their side for awhile & wouldn't you know it would be Dak to turn their team around. Bittersweet for me. But I've watched every preseason game & have found myself rooting for them. I need counseling.

And how cool is that Dak has been a Dallas fan all his life. He's definitely living a dream. I love the guy

vCash
    Dez Bryant said it best on Twitter last night "Dak is the truth" - I was a Cowboy fan long before I became a State fan. Since '68 - I had hoped for a year or two behind Romo (like Rogers at Green Bay), Cowboys win a Super Bowl, Romo retires to heal. Dak then takes over.

Now, I think he needs to play. I know full well the difference between NFL preseason and regular season, but he can play. Very obvious the team is responding to him.