Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Gulf Coast better dig in........

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Even though goat will be pissed please keep the cone watch going. Especially if it keeps moving west. Sounds like quite a few dawgs on the beach this weekend.
    Well, there goes the sellout****

vCash
    Hermine now with winds at 65mph. Expected to become a minimal hurricane before landfall. Then absolutely drenching the eastern seaboard.

The next disturbance that was getting some hype as it came off Africa now appears to having that hype tamped down some. Only with a 20% chance of development the next 5 days. But, like Hermine, need to watch it until the end just in case it can make it into the Gulf and have a bowl of Wheaties. However, current models appear to really not like this system at all. Just something to keep an eye on since there is nothing else to watch weather wise in September.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Did Hermine originate off the coast of Africa?

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Did Hermine originate off the coast of Africa?
    Yes. All tropical systems come off as waves from the coast of Africa. It all depends on how they develop and form as far as what their track will be.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    Yes. All tropical systems come off as waves from the coast of Africa.
    Not exactly true. Several have originated from the Caribbean. Hurricane Wilma from 2005 is a famous example.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Not exactly true. Several have originated from the Caribbean. Hurricane Wilma from 2005 is a famous example.
    Fair enough...but most of them do....
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    You must gain some weather reputation before you question The Ref.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corn Bread View Post
    lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corn Bread View Post
    No he's right. But the tropical waves off Africa are the main form of developing tropical cyclones.
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    In the case of Hermine, it came off the coast of Africa and sputtered all the way across the Atlantic half dead until it finally entered the Gulf and got off life support. Hermine was 99L you kept seeing in the news and weather all the time.

vCash
    And now we have HURRICANE Hermine. This will be the first US Landfall Hurricane since 2014.
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Yes. All tropical systems come off as waves from the coast of Africa. It all depends on how they develop and form as far as what their track will be.
    They need to keep them down there.

vCash
    And now we have HURRICANE Hermine. This will be the first US Landfall Hurricane since 2014.
    Looks like I'm iffy for the game Saturday, I'm pissed as this storm has been one of the most unpredictable storms that I can remember over the last 17 years. Not sure where I may be working, Florida, Georgia, Carolina's or maybe up the East coast! Damn! I'm wishing it dies fast once on shore, it will move fast for a day or so then who knows as it's like the "Bunny Rabbit", It keeps on going!!

vCash
    Latest graphic

c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Looks like I'm iffy for the game Saturday, I'm pissed as this storm has been one of the most unpredictable storms that I can remember over the last 17 years. Not sure where I may be working, Florida, Georgia, Carolina's or maybe up the East coast! Damn! I'm wishing it dies fast once on shore, it will move fast for a day or so then who knows as it's like the "Bunny Rabbit", It keeps on going!!
    What sort of work and where? Sounds like post storm damage control, I suppose, but hard to tell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    What sort of work and where? Sounds like post storm damage control, I suppose, but hard to tell.
    I do Logistic work for Power Companies, such as Entergy, Ga Power, Duke, and so many more across the country. They tell us how many crews they are bringing in to restore the power and we set up the staging sites to support the crews. We put tents up, feed them, sleep them, light towers, rolloffs, laundry, fuel the trucks, generators and so many more resources. Hope to be in StarkVegas Saturday, we shall see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I do Logistic work for Power Companies, such as Entergy, Ga Power, Duke, and so many more across the country. They tell us how many crews they are bringing in to restore the power and we set up the staging sites to support the crews. We put tents up, feed them, sleep them, light towers, rolloffs, laundry, fuel the trucks, generators and so many more resources. Hope to be in StarkVegas Saturday, we shall see.
    Well, even if you get to go to the game, you're going to be real busy the next few days. I for one am glad you guys do what you do. I like the way the power companies cooperate when there are storms, etc. ... they rush their unneeded equipment and men into the storm areas. During the tornadoes 5 years ago, we had crews all the way from Canada around here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Well, even if you get to go to the game, you're going to be real busy the next few days. I for one am glad you guys do what you do. I like the way the power companies cooperate when there are storms, etc. ... they rush their unneeded equipment and men into the storm areas. During the tornadoes 5 years ago, we had crews all the way from Canada around here.
    Things over the years have changed for Power Companies, they have down sized so much and now they hire outside help to do a lot of there work, even everyday work. Some are really good at Logistics but most are not and that's why they need companies like the one I work for to help. There job is to restore the power, we pre-plan everything which is so important. Two things crews ask for when arriving, where do I sleep and where do we eat, if you can't do that they leave.

vCash
    Storm about to make landfall

vCash
    Thing of beauty.