Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lil Spoon is now a 5*

vCash

lil Spoon is now a 5*

vCash
    That's a diverse collection of schools that he has medium interest in. MSU, NCST, and OSU. I'm not a huge follower of college BB outside the SEC, but has NCST or OSU had any kind of success in BB? Just trying to figure out what would draw his attention to those schools. I can MSU because he is from MSU, have a new proven coach, and some history of NCAA appearances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    That's a diverse collection of schools that he has medium interest in. MSU, NCST, and OSU. I'm not a huge follower of college BB outside the SEC, but has NCST or OSU had any kind of success in BB? Just trying to figure out what would draw his attention to those schools. I can MSU because he is from MSU, have a new proven coach, and some history of NCAA appearances.
    Umm. They've both won national championships, albeit not recently.

vCash
    I understand OSU, not so much NCST. OSU has 3 Final Fours over the last 10 years or so.

vCash
    Shit, not the 5 star curse!

Monte Ellis
    Renardo Sidney
    Rodney Hood
    Malik Newman

Hopefully Teaspoon can break the curse.

vCash
    Both are very respectable basketball schools. NC State's coach is Mark Gottfried who used to coach at Bama, so he knows this area well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousDawg View Post

Monte Ellis
    Renardo Sidney
    Rodney Hood
    Malik Newman

Two things that is different. One he is from the country and has no part of the JPS basketball mafia and two his brother. I blame hood on Stands.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousDawg View Post

Monte Ellis
    Renardo Sidney
    Rodney Hood
    Malik Newman

How was Ellis a curse? And Jamont Gordon was a 5 star. No curse there.

vCash
    Wonder if baby spoon(Brandon) is as good as his older brothers? Anybody know?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    How was Ellis a curse? And Jamont Gordon was a 5 star. No curse there.
    I didn't say Ellis was a curse. I said there was a 5 star curse. The last 4 we have gotten didn't contribute much at all. I threw Ellis in there because he never made it to campus, thus we didn't get any production from him. You are right about Gordon, but he wasn't really a consensus 5 star, he was a 4 star on scout and a 5 star on rivals.

Either way, I was just joking. I think Teaspoon is going to have a 5 star career at State. Hopefully he can recruit his brother to stay in school one more year so that they can play together. That 2017-2018 season is setting up nice.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Wonder if baby spoon(Brandon) is as good as his older brothers? Anybody know?
    Yea he's going to be a high recruit as well. He may be the best shooter of the 3 & may end up the tallest.

vCash
    Gordon was 5*on 247 too. Also as I mentioned in a later comment, teaspoon is Brandon. I think he is in the 10th grade. If he continues the talent progression, he might be scary. I don't know anything about him though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Yea he's going to be a high recruit as well. He may be the best shooter of the 3 & may end up the tallest.
    Good grief at the genes... Were the Weatherspoon parents athletes?

vCash
    Wow! He is in 10th grade this year right?

vCash
    aren't they related to Clarence Weatherspoon(USM great)?

vCash
    interesting news piece about the 3 brothers. link

vCash
    Gordon was 5*on 247 too. Also as I mentioned in a later comment, teaspoon is Brandon. I think he is in the 10th grade. If he continues the talent progression, he might be scary. I don't know anything about him though.
    Wow. Do the Dixons or Weatherspoons have a sister? Can't imagine a family of half Spoon half Dixon blood.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Wow! He is in 10th grade this year right?
    Yep

Banned
    vCash
    Was 247 even around when Jamont Gordon was being recruited? I'm pretty sure it wasn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Was 247 even around when Jamont Gordon was being recruited? I'm pretty sure it wasn't.
    http://247sports.com/Player/Jamont-Gordon-66499