Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread

I know I'm doing UFC 202 at my house and grillin

vCash
    If I can ever get out of the office, I've got some trout in the fridge that is just begging to be dropped in grease.

I'm heading to Tokyo in a few days, so I may have to include a few mid-week food posts.

vCash
    Went to a new burger joint on St Simons tonight - Certified Burgers & Beverage. Owned by a former Sea Island Executive Chef. Had an Oaxaca Burger with chorizo and beef patty and a Service Brewery Rally Point Pilsner. Excellent night out while the kids are at an away game in Savannah against Benedictine.

vCash
    Fried trout, sweet potato fries and Jai Alai. No pics of the fish as it was inhaled immediatel.

vCash
    Never had that brew Speck. What's the verdict?

vCash
    We went to Murky Waters in Gulfport tonight before we went to the Pass-Hancock game. Pretty decent BBQ, never been there before. Got some wings and various peppers I'll be grilling tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    We went to Murky Waters in Gulfport tonight before we went to the Pass-Hancock game. Pretty decent BBQ, never been there before. Got some wings and various peppers I'll be grilling tomorrow.
    How'd my old school do? The Hawks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Never had that brew Speck. What's the verdict?
    I've been trying to find something better since the first time I tried it, years ago. Jai Alai, Ghost, Dogfish 60/90 and Bell's Two Hearted are all in my top list, but Jai Alai can't be beat to me. If you can't tell, I love hops.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    Love the place even though it's run by rebels from my hometown. Great place to eat and drink on a night with a blues band for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    How'd my old school do? The Hawks
    24-6 in the 3rd when we had to leave. Hancock abused them up front on both sides of the ball. They got a pretty decent QB. I was talking to Anthony Dewitt, the baseball coach, but I completely forgot to talk about the kid who committed to us in baseball. I'll see him again soon and I'll have some info on him

vCash
    I made some meatballs for tomorrow. I'm going to try something I've never done. Im making a homemade Sunday gravy (red sauce) with meatballs in the crockpot. I'm dumping all the ingredients in the morning and tomorrow evening I'll have a slow cooked Sunday gravy and meatballs (hopefully).

I've had some king mackerel in the freezer. Today is the day. Since it's not known as great table fare, im dressing it up heavily. I'm marinating the fish in the Lowery's chop house marinade that's really for steak or chicken. I'll then wrap in bacon and grill over low heat. Baste with teriyaki at the end. I've done similar with bull red and it turns out good. We'll see

vCash
    I'm giving light to a dark world: making creole sauce piquante (with shrimp), at our place in Mass.

Get this shit: at our local grocery, gulf shrimp are $19.99 a pound....wtf....I guess we were pretty spoiled living in MS all those years. Today was definitely the most I've ever paid for "semi" fresh shrimp.
    Last edited by BeardoMSU; 08-20-2016 at 05:00 PM.

vCash
    Wow. $20lb a pound. That's insane

vCash
    Marinated bacon-wrapped king mackerel brushed with teriyaki sauce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I'm giving light to a dark world: making creole sauce piquante (with shrimp), at our place in Mass.

Get this shit: at our local grocery, gulf shrimp are $19.99 a pound....wtf....I guess we were pretty spoiled living in MS all those years. Today was definitely the most I've ever paid for "semi" fresh shrimp.
    Damn, that sucks. I'm picking up some Georgia White shrimp in the morning for $6.99 a pound to do a boil.

vCash
    That was an unbelievable fight. Worth every penny. An absolute war for 5 rounds. Can't wait for part 3. Had the yuengling Oktoberfest and the the Lagunista pale ale with the grilled food. Great night

vCash
    $19.99/lb...ouch! I just de-headed a couple lbs of $2.50/lb shrimp. Working on some Parish Envie and getting the spice and extras ready.

vCash
    On to the good stuff.

Last edited by SpeckleDawg; 08-21-2016 at 07:18 PM.

vCash
    i thought spice was an ole miss thing **

vCash
    Man I haven't heard of half the beers you drink. I need to start going to the good bee store more often instead of the Kroger beer aisle.