Thread: MS might change Speck limits

vCash

MS might change Speck limits

http://m.wlox.com/wlox/db_330810/con...tguid=wewoHFLU

I wouldn't mind MS going down to 10 fish but I'm not crazy about upping size to 14. I'm all good with an upper slot. I just don't want MS to drop to 10 fish and LA stay at 25. That puts a ton of pressure to the East Biloxi Marsh. Kind of like what happens at Big Lake when TX went low.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    I wouldn't mind MS going down to 10 fish but I'm not crazy about upping size to 14. I'm all good with an upper slot. I just don't want MS to drop to 10 fish and LA stay at 25. That puts a ton of pressure to the East Biloxi Marsh. Kind of like what happens at Big Lake when TX went low.
    I agree on the dropping the limit to 10-12. Wouldn't bother me really. Most people that will complain, probably haven't caught a limit in MS in a while anyway. I'm not too keen on upping the lower limit to 14". Really though, neither will make much of a difference to me overall. If there is enough research done to support the idea of it helping the fishery, then go for it.

"I just don't want MS to drop to 10 fish and LA stay at 25. That puts a ton of pressure to the East Biloxi Marsh."

I'm ok with this. Leaves fewer people harassing my spots in MS.

vCash
    I'm ok with this. Leaves fewer people harassing my spots in MS.
    Haha I'm the opposite since I'm a Marsh guy. The traffic at IAP has already pushed me to learn west of there. If MS goes to 10 and LA stays at 25, IAP and flat boat are done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Haha I'm the opposite since I'm a Marsh guy. The traffic at IAP has already pushed me to learn west of there. If MS goes to 10 and LA stays at 25, IAP and flat boat are done.
    The only people I know in Mississippi who regularly put more than 10 specs in the boat do so in Louisiana waters anyway.

I can't imagine flat boat getting more pressure because of this. It's already hit hard by anybody fishing from Bay St. louis through Biloxi; I wouldn't think it's going to get a lot more traffic.