Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread

White cans on the beach currently

vCash
    Man, that looks much better than what we have in Orange Beach. Rain, rain, rain. I did pack some Ghost in the Machine and Envie from Parrish brewing that a buddy picked up for me. That definitely helps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    Man, that looks much better than what we have in Orange Beach. Rain, rain, rain. I did pack some Ghost in the Machine and Envie from Parrish brewing that a buddy picked up for me. That definitely helps.
    It's been raining all week. We got 3 beach days out of the week. Dinner at Captain Andersons this evening is cause for happiness though. Love that joint
    Last edited by BeastMan; 08-14-2016 at 12:54 PM.

vCash
    Back to Friday Night Lights in South Ga. Regular game night dinner at Willies Wee-Nee Wagon (a Brunswick institution), followed by the scrimmage between the Glynn Academy Red Terrors and the McIntosh County Academy Buccaneers. FOOTBALL IS ALMOST HERE!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    White cans on the beach currently

I've never been a huge beach guy because I don't like roasting in the sun but I spent the week working in Michigan and finally found a beach I like in August.

vCash
    A little citrusy, hoppy goodness to end the day.

vCash
    Balancing what everyone wants can be a challenge. W Girl and my daughter wanted filet, I wanted a porterhouse, and the boy wanted porkchops. Baked potato, Caesar salad, Sierra Nevada Summer, and Dak and the Cowboys about to hit the field. Hail State!

vCash
    Salmon, corn on the cobb, and squash on the grill. Local Mississippi beer (Jack the Sipper and Singing River IPA) and Monkeynaught from Straight to Ale in Huntsville, Alabama. A great English cheddar and crackers from the revamped Kroger in Starkville (AWESOME store) for apps. Oregon Pinot Noir with dinner. Blanton's Bourbon and Caol Ila Scotch after dinner. We were celebrating my son's last night at home between his co-op and returning to MSU. Good times.

vCash
    We almost went to Mackinac Island on our August honeymoon many years ago. We went to Grenada, the one in the Caribbean, instead. We had a ball. I still would like to go to Mackinac some day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Back to Friday Night Lights in South Ga. Regular game night dinner at Willies Wee-Nee Wagon (a Brunswick institution), followed by the scrimmage between the Glynn Academy Red Terrors and the McIntosh County Academy Buccaneers. FOOTBALL IS ALMOST HERE!!

Same here. I had to go to a CE course on Friday. I got home just in time to change clothes and head out to a controlled scrimmage. It starts for real next week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I've never been a huge beach guy because I don't like roasting in the sun but I spent the week working in Michigan and finally found a beach I like in August.

That looks awesome

vCash
    I decided to do a separate VayK eats thread instead of blowing this thread out