Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 2016/2017 Premier League Season Thread

vCash
    I've been following, just haven't had a ton of time to post. I keep hoping Wenger will go, but I know he's staying. Kinda sucks the life out of you as a fan. Last week was a disaster for Hull. Just when I thought we might make the Great Escape, we crash and burn badly against Sunderland to go back into the relegation zone. We can still stay up, but it's going to be a hell of a lot harder and we'll need help from Swansea.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Leicester is relinquishing the title of your Fox Overlords. However, after promoting Shakey to the interim manager, the Foxes have dramatically improved in all matches. The reason: we went back to what made us great. There is concern of us losing some players in the offseason, particularly Musa.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Your 2016/2017 Premier League Champions are the Chelsea Football Club
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    Your 2016/2017 Premier League Champions are the Chelsea Football Club
    It's CHELSKI. Chelsea have won ONE English title. Don't get down about Leicester. That was the best sports story of my lifetime. It was even better than when Blackburn won it. Blackburn had Alan Scherer after all.

vCash
    Hull officially relegated. I f'n hate the Allams. They're a cancer and can't sell fast enough. #AllamsOut
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Thanks for bumping a good thread that seemed to have run out of steam. Guess with The Ref having nothing to root for with the fall of the Foxes, there was no one to make sure the discussion kept going....

Anyway - I work with a Newcastle native, and he is ecstatic. Rafa was a godsend for them.
    Yea, I wish there was more general matchday posting. Like the matchday threads on the Tigerdroppings soccer board, rather than just the kind of the weekly reporting we do. I don't know if we have enough people that visit the thread to keep something like that going though.

About Newcastle, Rafa's been great and almost more importantly, Mike Ashley (owner) Is backing him financially rather than being the detrimentally cheap Mike Ashley of old. Hopefully we can hold onto Rafa for at least a few more seasons and become a stable club again. Newcastle hasn't been stable in a longggggg time. I'm also excited to see if Rafa can pull some players in the transfer window that otherwise wouldn't have any interest in coming to Newcastle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Hull officially relegated. I f'n hate the Allams. They're a cancer and can't sell fast enough. #AllamsOut
    I was really hoping it would be Swansea instead of y'all so we could make a run at Gylfi Sigurdsson in the summer window. It's pretty pathetic what you guy's ownership is doing and has done to the club

vCash
    Not much drama for the final day overall. For us though it's huge. It's pretty simple if we win. We will be at least in the UCL qualifying round. If by some miracle City should slip up and lose we would be in the UCL proper outright. If we lose then we have to hope Arsenal loses. If we lose and they draw it comes down to tiebreakers and they are all really close. There is even a scenario where there would have to be a playoff game to decide 4th. If we draw then we finish 4th if Arsenal does anything but win, then we are 5th and out of the UCL. We have relegated Boro at home. Arsenal has Everton at home. I don't like to root for the Toffees but I will make an exception THIS week. City are at Watford.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 05-17-2017 at 09:34 AM.

vCash
    Big, big win for Liverpool this morning. If the rumors are true, and some of them are coming from extremely reliable sources, that win and getting into the UCL qualifying round will trigger a HUGE spending spree this summer. It may also trigger the 2nd phase of the Anfield expansion. Hope all this is true! We will see. On to the silly season!