Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016/2017 Premier League Season Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/09...ight-football/

If you get a chance watch this video. It's Klopp and Carra talking football on the English version of Monday Night Football. I've been following Liverpool for around 20 years now. Ive never been totally sold on a manager we have had in that whole time. I'm sold on Klopp. I think what he needs to win the league is within our means. He needs players that fit his system, not superstar players, to win. It seems to be more about mentality than anything. I'm starting to get excited for real. When we made the run under Rogers I was always waiting for the wheels to come off. This has a different feel to it. Hope I'm right.
    I love Klopp and the style of his teams. If Man C wasn't looking like such a juggernaut right now I'd say we'd have a shot for the top of the table.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    Your Fox Overlords are once again doing well in the UCL. We finished off FC Porto 1-0 at King Power. We have 6 points in the table while our next opponent Copenhagen has 4. Winner of that game will win the group.
    This aint the world Cup ref, you've got to play everyone twice. Lot of points still to be had. Real tied dortmund in what is likely the matchup of the group stage (bayern atletico I believe are in a group too, that's just as good) away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    Is it more actual revenue, or more potential revenue? This might of been where the loop hole was suggested. Adding seats to your stadium increases the potential revenue whether you can realistically fill the seats or not, which is what people were suggesting about City's expansion.
    I think it's actual revenue.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    This aint the world Cup ref, you've got to play everyone twice. Lot of points still to be had. Real tied dortmund in what is likely the matchup of the group stage (bayern atletico I believe are in a group too, that's just as good) away.
    Well damn......
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Anybody need a ride to Atlanta this weekend

vCash
    Arsenal looking stout lately. Theo Walcott is out of his mind through the first 2 months of the season. He bagged a brace in an easy UCL win over Basel yesterday. (Side note: I f'n HATE the UEFA jersey rules. They make no sense.) I still don't like Alexis as the lone striker, but it gets Iwobi on the field, which I do like. Granit Xhaka continues to prove why he should be starting over Coquelin. I still wanna see us play Lucas Perez through the middle and move Alexis back to the wing. Hopefully it'll happen once Walcott remembers he isn't supposed to be good.

Hull has been terrible lately. They're going to struggle to avoid relegation. And don't even get me started on the various ownership talks. It's a complete clusterfvck. That's not even talking about the Allams trying to low ball Phelan on his salary to name him permanent manager, which he probably deserves for how he's gotten this team to buy in and perform despite everything else going on with the club. At this point, I'm just waiting to get a couple of players like Odubajo & Dawson healthy so we can have a truly competitive 11.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Spurs just dominated Man City. That was fun to watch. Best of all, it tightened up the race for the top of the table. Puts the Reds right there only 2 points back.

vCash
    Big win for Spurs over City. Liverpool and Arsenal both gutted out wins of the kind you have to get to mount a title challenge. This could be a really fun title chase if this keeps up.

vCash
    Southampton put together another draw, this time against Leicester. Not too disappointed, especially when I consider that we've had a series of clean sheets now. Just gotta figure out how to score some goals now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgHouseUnited View Post
    Just gotta figure out how to score some goals now.
    Hopefully Boufal will be fit enough to earn some playing time after the international break. He could be the one to spark us onward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DanglyGiant View Post
    Hopefully Boufal will be fit enough to earn some playing time after the international break. He could be the one to spark us onward.
    I'm actually less pessimistic than I was about things. I gotta say, the beginning of the season looked a bit depressing.

vCash
    Big game today! The Northwest Derby, the biggest of them all in England. Liverpool go in with two key injuries, I'm going to ATTEMPT to spell their names, lol. Winjnaldum is out, hamstring in his #*^% international. Lalanna only makes the bench, same injury that kept him out of the England team last week. Can and Sturrige start. We will miss the two who are out in a big way. Can worries me because he is something of a hot head and that can spell disaster in this fixture.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 10-17-2016 at 01:38 PM.

vCash
    0-0 Halftime. The Mancs had the better of it for the first 20 minutes, Liverpool settled in and probability edged them the last 20. There were no real chances from either side. We are missing the two who are out. It's forced Coutinio to drop back and it's showing with a lack of creativity. He was still the best player on the pitch so far.

vCash
    Finished 0-0. Liverpool had the better if the second, 3-4 chances. Mancs had one.

vCash
    When I first saw the fixture list to start the season if you had told me would be in 4th 2 points off the lead after Man U, I would have taken it and ran. I'm pretty dang happy with our start to the season!

vCash
    When I first saw the fixture list to start the season if you had told me would be in 4th 2 points off the lead after Man U, I would have taken it and ran. I'm pretty dang happy with our start to the season!
    I'm pretty happy with Arsenal's start, too. Outside of Wenger's questionable lineup selections, it's been a good season. We're sitting second on the table by goal differential. And Giroud has yet to play, Ramsey has been injured, and Wenger hasn't even attempted to integrate Lucas into the side yet. It's really early and we haven't really seen the annual Arsenal injury crisis, but this team looks like it could mount a genuine title challenge.

Hull, on the other hand.....I'm just ready for #AllamsOut. Until then, nothing else matters. It's going to be a struggle to avoid relegation.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Big surprise. Big English game involving mourinho is a bore

vCash
    Big surprise. Big English game involving mourinho is a bore
    Bus driver

vCash
    Bus driver
    Is it driving if a bus is parked and the keys are out*

vCash