Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016/2017 Premier League Season Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Barca 7 Celtic 0, that's gonna leave a mark.
    same type game that ran Brendan Rodgers out of Liverpool. Celtic will never be what we want to be on the world stage - but we don't want to be embarrassed like that, and that will make Rodgers' stint in Paradise a short one.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Your Fox Overlords are starting off well in the Champions League with a huge 3-0 victory against Club Brugge. Mahrez had two goals, one PK and one from a Free Kick, to compliment Marc Albrighton's opening goal in the 9th minute.

For our first showing in the UCL, you could not have written a better script

vCash
    More struggles for England in europe. Tottenham losing to Monaco at wembly in the CL and United losing today at Feyenoord. I think city is going to have to carry the torch again for England in europe

vCash
    Liverpool 2 Chelski 1 FINAL! Always great to get a win over the plastics.

vCash
    Liverpool 2 Chelski 1 FINAL! Always great to get a win over the plastics.
    I have a good friend who is a huge Liverpool fan. He thinks Liverpool can at the very least have a say in the title hunt. I don't, and think they'll finish closer to 5. IMO, if they squeak into the top 4, Klopp can add 1 or 2 pieces he wouldn't be able to without champions League and be able to challenge next season. What do you predict for them.

vCash
    Leicester welcomed Islam Slimani to the squad with a great 2-goal performance by the new Fox. An own goal by Burnley wrapped up the scoring for the Foxes as we ended up with a 3-0 victory. Next up, we play Chelsea in the English League Cup play. But in Premier League play, we will play Manchester United at Old Trafford as they are coming off their fourth straight loss. A lot of fans are dreading this fact because the know the Red Evils will be motivated to not get that fifth loss in a row. Needless to say, tensions will be high.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    I have a good friend who is a huge Liverpool fan. He thinks Liverpool can at the very least have a say in the title hunt. I don't, and think they'll finish closer to 5. IMO, if they squeak into the top 4, Klopp can add 1 or 2 pieces he wouldn't be able to without champions League and be able to challenge next season. What do you predict for them.
    Have a say in it, yes. Win it, no. I say 4th or 5th. We still need a left back, and another midfielder, and another out and out striker.

vCash
    Nm
    Last edited by WeWonItAll(Most); 09-20-2016 at 06:38 PM.

vCash
    Speaking on the Anfield expansion: I was listening to the Men in Blazers podcast and they mentioned that the 8500 seat expansion y'all just completed would open up $40 million more in transfer money without breaching financial fair play rules. They didn't mention if it was $40 mil/year or a flat sum, but either way, is stadium expansion the loophole in the Fair Play system? It would also explain Man City's expansion despite having trouble filling their stadium.

I have never read up on the FFP regulations, so maybe someone here can enlighten me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    Speaking on the Anfield expansion: I was listening to the Men in Blazers podcast and they mentioned that the 8500 seat expansion y'all just completed would open up $40 million more in transfer money without breaching financial fair play rules. They didn't mention if it was $40 mil/year or a flat sum, but either way, is stadium expansion the loophole in the Fair Play system? It would also explain Man City's expansion despite having trouble filling their stadium.

I have never read up on the FFP regulations, so maybe someone here can enlighten me.
    The only way that affects FFP is that there will be more revenue coming in. WE won't have any trouble filling it. I think the waiting list for season tickets was something like 20k.

vCash
    Nice wins for my two main English clubs in the Worthless (or whatever it's called now) Cup today. Liverpool won 3-0 over Derby County. I hate it for Derby though, they have been another club I keep up with for a long time now. Norwich City 2 Everton 0: A win over an EPL club is always big for a lower league team. That it was the bluenoses makes it even better!

vCash
    Real madrid tied Villarreal 1-1 in a nervy game where they got a penalty. That means real madrid streak of 16 la liga wins is broken, tying the record and failing today to break it. Now Barcelona and atletico play at 3 today. If you have Bein, tune in. It'll be better than any game you'll see in England this year

vCash
    Liverpool is just destroying Hull. The goal just now to make it 3-0 Reds with Lallana and Mane was a thing of beauty.

vCash
    5-1 final. Liverpool looked really good. I'm watching a bit of the game from West Ham's new ground before I head out to church. I don't like it at all. The stands are a long way from the pitch. It has to kill the atmosphere. Upton Park always had such a great one. The announcers just said West Ham was playing crowd noise over the PA system as the fans were arriving. I wonder if they are having to do it during the games?

vCash
    Nice wins for my two main English clubs in the Worthless (or whatever it's called now) Cup today. Liverpool won 3-0 over Derby County. I hate it for Derby though, they have been another club I keep up with for a long time now. Norwich City 2 Everton 0: A win over an EPL club is always big for a lower league team. That it was the bluenoses makes it even better!
    I may be petty, but I am kinda rooting against Everton- sore for them getting Koeman from the Saints...

Speaking of, I'd pretty much given up hope for this year, but maybe things are starting to trend upward. A good win over West Ham and a squeaker past Swansea helps calm the nerves, but I'm still actually surprised that we're top-10 on the table right now. Seemed like forever with draws and losses. We'll see how things look Sunday against Leicester. I'm still at the point of just hoping to not get embarrassed.

vCash
    http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/09...ight-football/

If you get a chance watch this video. It's Klopp and Carra talking football on the English version of Monday Night Football. I've been following Liverpool for around 20 years now. Ive never been totally sold on a manager we have had in that whole time. I'm sold on Klopp. I think what he needs to win the league is within our means. He needs players that fit his system, not superstar players, to win. It seems to be more about mentality than anything. I'm starting to get excited for real. When we made the run under Rogers I was always waiting for the wheels to come off. This has a different feel to it. Hope I'm right.

vCash
    Have y'all seen This? Pretty funny but I can't get it to embed for some reason. On my tablet that may be why..

https://youtu.be/CLcFj_Z5bjk

vCash
    Your Fox Overlords are once again doing well in the UCL. We finished off FC Porto 1-0 at King Power. We have 6 points in the table while our next opponent Copenhagen has 4. Winner of that game will win the group.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgHouseUnited View Post
    I may be petty, but I am kinda rooting against Everton- sore for them getting Koeman from the Saints...

Speaking of, I'd pretty much given up hope for this year, but maybe things are starting to trend upward. A good win over West Ham and a squeaker past Swansea helps calm the nerves, but I'm still actually surprised that we're top-10 on the table right now. Seemed like forever with draws and losses. We'll see how things look Sunday against Leicester. I'm still at the point of just hoping to not get embarrassed.
    rooting against Everton isn't petty, it's essential.

vCash
    The only way that affects FFP is that there will be more revenue coming in. WE won't have any trouble filling it. I think the waiting list for season tickets was something like 20k.
    Is it more actual revenue, or more potential revenue? This might of been where the loop hole was suggested. Adding seats to your stadium increases the potential revenue whether you can realistically fill the seats or not, which is what people were suggesting about City's expansion.