Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016/2017 Premier League Season Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DanglyGiant View Post
    I'm getting pretty excited about the imminent arrival of Sofiane Boufal. Problem is, he's injured and not expected to contribute until mid-September. He'll also likely be out for about two months early next year for the African Cup of Nations.
    We also signed another big name* GK Stuart Taylor... Most likely a 3rd stringer/unofficial coach type thing.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Your Fox Overlords just finished up a 2-1 victory over Swansea City that saw goals from Jamie Vardy and Wes Morgan. Both of these goals came off of the foot of Danny Drinkwater, who easily gets Man of the Match in my opinion. Drinkwater was spot on with through balls and crosses that gave the Foxes the decisive advantage on both ends. GK Kasper Schmeichel had to be the first substitution for the Foxes after an apparent muscle pull during an awkward save. The Swans ended up with a late goal in the 81' off of a great header against our backup GK. A well-fought 3 points for the Foxes, and we are back in form just before the International Break.

The Foxes will travel to Liverpool in two weeks to face off against the Reds. ALL HAIL YOUR FOX OVERLORDS.

Also, this was Vardy's 50th Premier League goal. Morgan scored on his 200th match with the club. Manager Claudio Ranieri has just earned his 100th Premier League win as a manager. He is only the 5th non-English manager to accomplish this milestone. A day of milestones in the rain-soaked King Power Stadium.
    Last edited by TheRef; 08-27-2016 at 10:59 AM.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    We let in a late goal to draw with Spurs. Overall we are one point better than I thought we would be at this point, but how we got them and didn't get them is a bit strange. Next up after the STUPID international break (I HATE international football) is Leicester City at the newly expanded Anfield.

vCash
    Joe Hart to torino on loan

Mustafi has signed with Arsenal

vCash
    Not EPL but Real Madrid and Athletico Madrid were handed a transfer ban today.............till 2018.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Not EPL but Real Madrid and Athletico Madrid were handed a transfer ban today.............till 2018.
    Ouch. That's gonna hurt. Hopefully it's incentive for Simeone to become the new Arsenal manager when Wenger leaves after this year (I can only hope). Then Griezmann will follow him and we'll finally have the world class striker to go with Ozil, Alexis, Xhaka & Co.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    It's not actually a ban, per se. It's the same as the barca ban. We can still buy and sell players, but can't register them until the ban ends. We are still appealing.

This ban has been looming and is part of what concerns me with real's summer. We didn't sign a soul (bought back morata). Depth may become an issue

vCash
    What a great morning of football! Surprised to wake up and find FoxS1 carrying The Old Firm Derby and I get to see my Hoops take on the evil Rangers live from Paradise!!! And the Manchester Derby followed by Liverpool vs. Leicester. Celtic is up on Rangers 2-1 and seems to be holding off on the Brendan Rogers induced big game collapse (for now...)
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 09-10-2016 at 07:20 AM.

vCash
    And Dembele with a hat trick!!! What a match in Paradise. Things so bad for Ranger that the assistant manager got sent off!! Hoops!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    It's not actually a ban, per se. It's the same as the barca ban. We can still buy and sell players, but can't register them until the ban ends. We are still appealing.

This ban has been looming and is part of what concerns me with real's summer. We didn't sign a soul (bought back morata). Depth may become an issue
    If you can't register them you can't play them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    And Dembele with a hat trick!!! What a match in Paradise. Things so bad for Ranger that the assistant manager got sent off!! Hoops!!!!
    I wish I had known that was on. It's great to see the Old Firm back in business.

vCash
    I wish I had known that was on. It's great to see the Old Firm back in business.
    It was a great match. I have to admit that I do like Rangers style - attack, attack, and attack again. They were just over matched today and fell apart in the second half. It is good to have the Old Firm back again - good for Celtic and good for football in general.

I just hope our Reds can hold off those Foxes. Looking good so far.

vCash
    It was a great match. I have to admit that I do like Rangers style - attack, attack, and attack again. They were just over matched today and fell apart in the second half. It is good to have the Old Firm back again - good for Celtic and good for football in general.

I just hope our Reds can hold off those Foxes. Looking good so far.
    I'd say we held up fairly well! 4-1 Reds. It was a great way to christen the new Anfield. We still have major problems at the back though. The goal we let in was an absolute howler. If Sako didn't really believe he was in the dog house with Klopp, today should have convinced him. LUCAS played at CB instead of him. I wonder if we even listed Sako as a player on the EPL list?

By the way, news got out today that we are evidently looking to move ahead on the next stage of the Anfield expansion. It will take it above every stadium in the league except Old Trafford. I've been following Liverpool a long time now. I came in just 3-4 years after the last title. We have had some high sports over those years but you always had a sense the club was just drifting and not keeping up with the times, both on the pitch and even more so off it. That has changed since FSG took over. The off the pitch stuff is light years ahead of where it was. It's moved into the modern world, finally. I think the on the pitch stuff will eventually come around. After a few games, I'm very pleased with the way we handled the transfers, the outs as well as the ins. It looks like we hit with all the main ones in for perhaps the first time I can remember. We moved a LOT of deadwood out. I would have liked too have brought in another recognized CB and definitely another recognized left back. I DO like the fact that we didn't just go out and panic buy like we have done all too often in the past. I'm over the moon with Klopp so far. He seems to be buying to fit the system, and the system seems to trump everything else. I'm IN.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 09-10-2016 at 01:52 PM.

vCash
    Klopp has been tremendous. I think next year may be the year to see us at the top of the table again just because I'm not sure we have the depth that we need to play Klopp's style while also competing in the various Cups - which Kopp and FSG want to perform in at a high level. We may not win it, but we will be in the mix. YNWA!

Banned
    vCash
    Love this thread! Caught some of the Manchester Derby yesterday. Good match

vCash
    If you can't register them you can't play them.
    I know

vCash
    Klopp has been tremendous. I think next year may be the year to see us at the top of the table again just because I'm not sure we have the depth that we need to play Klopp's style while also competing in the various Cups - which Kopp and FSG want to perform in at a high level. We may not win it, but we will be in the mix. YNWA!
    The year after Liverpool get in the champions league will be the year they will push for a title. You need to be in it to attract those top tier transfer targets

vCash
    If we lose something, like a spot in Europe, on goal difference I'm gonna be hacked.

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2016/0...ampaign=buffer

vCash
    Barca 7 Celtic 0, that's gonna leave a mark.

vCash
    Arsenal beat Southampton via a late penalty on Saturday and tied with PSG in the Champions League yesterday. Wenger continues showing he's losing touch with the game, as he benched Granit Xhaka the last 2 games in favor of Francis Coquelin. Then against PSG he started Ospina over Cech and no striker with Sanchez up front and Ox & Walcott on the wings. The most WTF lineup of the year so far for Wenger. Seriously, why pay so much for one of the best CDM's in the world and Perez if you have little intention of starting them regularly? Or hell, I'd even take Giroud up front over Alexis.

Hull drew against Burnley on Saturday. It took a really late stoppage time goal from Robert Snodgrass, but the Tigers managed to salvage a point. In other Hull news, the talks with the Chinese group collapsed. Apparently there were issues with the PL's Character & Fitness investigation. The good news a new group has emerged, led by Chinese businessman Chien Lee. Lee met with the Allam's on Monday at Hull's U-23 game. The consortium already has controlling interest in Nice, apparently. What I like is that Lee has lived in the US since the mid-80s & is the founder & CEO of NewCity Capital. There shouldn't be any real complications if this deal winds up going through. #AllamsOut It also looks like Mike Phelan is closing in on a deal that would make him the new boss permanently. Considering what he's done so far, I'm ok with this move.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22