Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
I don't know what is wrong with the Foxes, but we have hit a complete wall. Players are disgruntled, Ranieri is losing fan support, and some of the newer fans have started booing in the stadium. It's been a sad state of affairs, actually.
I think I mentioned it last year, but a ton of it has to do with the amount of competition. Last year Leicester was out of the FA Cup (and I believe the league cup) early. They are still in the FA cup and also the champions league. Having one game a week is a lot different than having 3 every week. They just don't have the depth. Also, teams adjusted. No longer do they press high and allow balls over the top to Vardy. Other than Marhez, they don't have the quality to break down teams who sit deep and don't allow Leicester to beat them with the counter. They beat City earlier in the year when they did press, but it seems everyone else is sitting back and inviting them forward and they can't break people down. Oh yeah, and they lost their most important player in Ngolo Kante.