Can one of you Liverpool fans talk to me about Rafa Benitez and his tendencies/personnel management for a moment?

Newcastle was destroying the Championship until about a month ago. We won like 13 games in a row and it was looking to be a cake walk of a season. We have a massive squad of quality Championship players, and while we were winning, he was rotating the squad to the point that I thought he wasn't letting players playing well keep their form (and I'm a big advocate of squad rotation).

Now we've hit a rough patch, lost to some horrible teams, and he refuses to rotate anyone. Even when we had 3 games in an 11 day stretch.

So basically he went from almost literally playing two different starting 11s from game to game during our hot streak, to maybe making 2 changes during our cold streak. It seems counter intuitive and is frustrating.

On top of this, our only center mid with good vision and ability to really open up the defense received a 5 game ban for supposedly calling an opposing player a "dirty Arab" (its retarded he received a more severe suspension than Augero, who tried to break a man in half). The player he's replaced him with is perhaps our worst center mid, and basically has no attacking value. And he's being paired with another defensive mid fielder, who complements Shelvey (suspended guy) very well. But with this new guy we literally have zero attacking threat through the middle. And since Rafa has abandoned rotating players, it's been the same thing over and over. It's very Mullen-esque and is really beginning to piss me off.

Basically, did he do crap like this at Liverpool? Up to this point, I've basically refused to read up on any negatives about him at previous jobs because regardless of those negatives, he is light years ahead of any manager we've had in the past decade. But I'm getting frustrated with his personnel decisions and nervous about making it back to the Premiership next season.