Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CL is now talkking postseason ban for Bears..

vCash

CL is now talkking postseason ban for Bears..

I think IT's coming... The Bear Admin just realized after the 2nd NOA that they better start preparing the masses for the penalties..

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/s...-ban/87995256/

"Ole Miss could also see its football program?s case tried at the highest possible level, said John G. Long, a lawyer who operates his own firm that handles NCAA cases in Austin, Texas.

?You?re talking about boosters, you?re talking about coaches, you?re talking about academic violations, you?re talking about assistants that are lying to the NCAA enforcement,? said Long, who isn?t part of Ole Miss? case. ?We?re not talking about a case here where there are some administrative mistakes and some kids were ineligible because they were in the wrong majors.

?I find it hard to believe that they?re going to say that it?s a Level I with mitigation. A win for Ole Miss would be if it?s processed as just a standard Level I on the penalty side. I think it?s very realistic that the Committee on Infractions will ? see it as an aggravated case.?

A Level I-Aggravated case carries a postseason ban of two to four years."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    A Level I-Aggravated case carries a postseason ban of two to four years."
    But what about 8 Level 1's? You'd think that more than 1 of those will be considered aggravated.

vCash
    "Level I-Mitigated cases carry a postseason ban of zero to one year, while Level I-Standard cases carry a postseason ban of one to two years, according to the NCAA’s penalty guidelines."

vCash
    They are going to get a bowl ban from the 1st NOA. The addendum or 2nd NOA is going to cripple them

vCash
    Per Rosebowl, who hasn't been wrong yet, the investigation has more interviewees coming forward and bringing stuff about players other than Tunsil. Tunsil draft night alone which revealed payments plans between coaches and Tunsil was enough to cripple them. Now we've got dirt on other crootin activities coming to light.

And with each new thing that is found, there is a significant chance that Ole Miss gets caught lying to investigators over the course of this long investigation.

The NCAA hates liars.

vCash
    Well now isn't that interesting. That the CL printed that means one of two things: 1) the UM administration has finally decided preparing the masses for what is about to drop might be a good idea. 2) the CL is belatedly turning on them. I think #1 is much more likely but either way I don't think even the biggest Koolaid drinkers can put a positive spin on that. If it IS #2 this could be a lot of fun. There is nothing like a REAL newspaper digging in the dirt of your rival. Again, this is the CL, I think it's most likely #1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Well now isn't that interesting. That the CL printed that means one of two things: 1) the UM administration has finally decided preparing the masses for what is about to drop might be a good idea. 2) the CL is belatedly turning on them. I think #1 is much more likely but either way I don't think even the biggest Koolaid drinkers can put a positive spin on that. If it IS #2 this could be a lot of fun. There is nothing like a REAL newspaper digging in the dirt of your rival. Again, this is the CL, I think it's most likely #1.
    3) They'll say this is just some schmuck that hasn't followed the case closely and is just spouting off to try and sound smart. THEY know the truth and that is that they have had exemplary cooperation and that this won't be bad and anyone that says otherwise is just jealous because they aren't ole miss by damn.

vCash
    They're trying to lessen the blow to the fanbase at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    "Level I-Mitigated cases carry a postseason ban of zero to one year, while Level I-Standard cases carry a postseason ban of one to two years, according to the NCAA?s penalty guidelines."
    That's 0-1 years or 1-2 years of bowl bans for each Level 1 violation, not each case as in "the Ole Miss case". OM currently has 8 Level 1 violations.

Now, we know that OM isn't going to get an 8-year bowl ban, but they could get 3 instead of 2 or 1 or none.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Believe its #1. I'm to the point now where I just assume anything printed in the CL sports section is originated and controlled by the UNM administration and/or the UNM high level backers.

vCash
    They sure are making a fuss when there is no investigation.****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Believe its #1. I'm to the point now where I just assume anything printed in the CL sports section is originated and controlled by the UNM administration and/or the UNM high level backers.
    Agree. Time for the OM admin to slowly prepare the bear sheep for what will be coming in a few months.

vCash
    Hell just six months ago they were saying "There"s nothing to see here." They were at a store yesterday trying to sell subscriptions. When they asked was I interested I told them "When you start reporting Miss State fairly and being negative to ole miss as you are State then I will consider it." I heard several people agree with me. I even heard one Amen. That tells me it's not just Elite Dawgs that feels that way.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Dawgface;589637]Agree. Time for the OM admin to slowly prepare the bear sheep for what will be coming in a few months

Does anyone consider that games could be forfeited if the violations are extremely bad?

vCash
    [QUOTE=Corn Bread;589645]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Agree. Time for the OM admin to slowly prepare the bear sheep for what will be coming in a few months

Does anyone consider that games could be forfeited if the violations are extremely bad?
    I think it's safe to assume, at a minimum, every game Tunsil played in has a high chance of being forfeited.

I personally don't give a shit about forfeited games though. It's a black eye initially, but over time people for get about it, but still remember the games themselves, have the t-shirts, pictures, etc.

vCash
    [QUOTE=BeardoMSU;589649]
    Quote Originally Posted by Corn Bread View Post

I think it's safe to assume, at a minimum, every game Tunsil played in has a high chance of being forfeited.

I personally don't give a shit about forfeited games though. It's a black eye initially, but over time people for get about it, but still remember the games themselves, have the t-shirts, pictures, etc.
    The biggest shot to the nutts about forfeited games would being forced to take down whatever banner they have hung for the Sugar Bowl win.

vCash
    So is UM looking at more Level 1 violations? This could be a record for the NCAA in the modern era.

vCash
    [QUOTE=BeardoMSU;589649]
    Quote Originally Posted by Corn Bread View Post

That's not exactly the case. My second team is USCw, been a fan a LONG time and even have a family connection now that cements it. I still remember the Reggie Bush days fondly but what happened later does taint it. It's just not the same as it was. I'll also say this, if Mississippi gets anything close to what USC got it will devastate them. SC was still pulling in 4&5 stars but the lack of numbers really knocked the program back. Even 4s and 5s aren't sure things and you just don't have the numbers to keep up the quality depth with the average rate of misses and attrition, even at a place like USC. I don't see the Confederates pulling in many if any 4s and 5s if they get hammered like that. They will have to keep cheating to get the high 3s.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    So is UM looking at more Level 1 violations? This could be a record for the NCAA in the modern era.
    Rose said yesterday this could be THE NCAA case for our generation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Steve said yesterday that when this is all said and done it will be the biggest cheating scandal of our generation