Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pilkington

vCash

Pilkington

Saw where his Cape Cod team (Whitecaps I believe) have released him. Please tell me no more arm trouble... Had a sub 2 ERA in the Cape.

vCash
    Probably an innings limit. He threw 39.1 innings for Brewster and was probably on a 40 inning limit. He threw a little over 40 for MSU this Spring which puts him a little over 80 for the year. That means with Fall ball, he'll throw around 100 innings for the year, which is more than enough for a FR

vCash
    Elbow problem. Got to see doctor

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Sweet mercy what did mini me do to our arms??!?
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
    Elbow problem. Got to see doctor
    Good grief.

vCash
    Did not focus on mechanics at all. It is on him.

vCash
    Who is him? Pilk or Johnson?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Who is him? Pilk or Johnson?
    My bad. Johnson did not work with the guys on mechanics. He knew he was leaving. Don't know when he knew he was leaving but it was early on. The man lived in a hotel the entire time.

vCash
    A lot of these guys that are getting hurt played for the same summer ball team out of Memphis. Gray Fenter also had to have Tommy John as well and Wes had nothing to do with him. That's all I'll say about that.

vCash
    How many months out of the year are college pitchers pitching? Fall ball, season, and then summer ball... Is this not too much?

vCash
    Pilkington didn't play for the same team as them. Nor did ford or Padgett. Blaming arm injuries on the summer team these boys played for over a year ago is kinda ridiculous. Johnson was all about velocity and I'm guessing that he knew he was gone well before the end of the year.

vCash
    It's not the coaching or oversight that is the problem. It is the amount of innings in a year. Pitchers have essentially two months off the whole year. August and December. The pitches and innings add up and there is nothing you can do about it. An ortho surgeon told me one time that every pitch a college pitcher or above throws is 2-3 times the force needed to tear your UCL. Now obviously other muscles and ligaments compensate for that but still; pretty shocking.

vCash
    1. It could be something Johnson taught them
    2. It could be something they are or are not doing in their weight workouts
    3. It could be just blind badass luck
    4. It could be stress from over pitching them the last 2-3 years
    5. It could be something their summer coaches had them do

We just don't know. But if you watched our guys on the mound this Spring- nobody stood out as being mechanically flawed

vCash
    My bad. Johnson did not work with the guys on mechanics. He knew he was leaving. Don't know when he knew he was leaving but it was early on. The man lived in a hotel the entire time.
    This is absurd.

Johnson did not work with guys on mechanics? Ridiculous. Johnson rarely if ever had any arm issues at Dallas Baptist, & to blame him here is absolute ignorance.

vCash
    Where did Johnson go? I was indisposed when that happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Truffle hunting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    UPig

vCash
    Mini me, you deplete me!

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    1. It could be something Johnson taught them
    2. It could be something they are or are not doing in their weight workouts
    3. It could be just blind badass luck
    4. It could be stress from over pitching them the last 2-3 years
    5. It could be something their summer coaches had them do

We just don't know. But if you watched our guys on the mound this Spring- nobody stood out as being mechanically flawed
    Lol, small was the most mechanically flawed pitcher I've ever seen.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This is absurd.

Johnson did not work with guys on mechanics? Ridiculous. Johnson rarely if ever had any arm issues at Dallas Baptist, & to blame him here is absolute ignorance.
    Bingo. Get over the butthurt about Mini-Me leaving. It sucks, and I'm pissed like the rest of you, but he made his choice. Blaming him for shit that probably had little or nothing to do with him is ridiculous and counterproductive.

These guys have probably been throwing more pitches than we can fathom since they were in their single digit years. Of course their arms are gonna blow up at some point. There's a reason it's now essentially the norm for pitchers to need TJS at some point, and it can all be tracked back to pitching year round. And as RAYn pointed out, pitching itself is one of the most unnatural things a human body can do. The elbow isn't made to operate like that. It's just shit luck that all of them seem to be having their arms fall off at the same time.

And now a relevant question: Will we be the first team in the SEC to from Worst to First to Worst next season? Because if we lose all these guys on the mound, it's gonna be a looooooong year.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22