Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I like Mullen because...........

vCash

I like Mullen because...........

You see what you get and he's not some snake oil sales man who worries what people think about him. I did not know about Deion Pope and his injury but here is his quote.

?There was nothing bad about the other teams ? it?s just they left me when I was down, but Mississippi State was there for me when I was down,? Pope said. ?They?ve been loyal to me since high school. I?ll be loyal to you if you are loyal to me and Mississippi State was beyond loyal.?

My point is I did not know the story but if it was Ole Miss and Freeze it would have been posted everywhere.

**** Ole Miss and **** that buck tooth fake ass clown Freeze!

vCash
    One is secure. One is insecure, admittedly, thus feeling the need to shout about his greatness (unnecessarily so, Bc he actually can coach).

vCash
    But our staff doesn't recruit hard enough or show kids enough "love"******

vCash
    Agree 100%, Dan Mullen is going to be the same Dan Mullen 100% of the time and you either like it or you don't. He is definitely building this program from the ground up and has been the best thing to happen to our football program in a long long time probably ever. Sherrill proved that you can win games at state but Mullen has taken it to another level. Mullen hasn't won a division or SEC championship yet, but I fully believe if we can hold on to him we will continue to consistently win our fair share of games and challenge for the division every 3-4 years. Which with our past history is a massive improvement. He is still a fairly young head coach and he is learning every year. I think we will continue to improve under him and hope he sticks around for several more years.

vCash
    He knows how to spot talent, develop them, and help prepare them for a potential career in the NFL ( 22 of his players on NFL rosters headed into 2016 camps). He doesn't shout "Look at ME", when he and his wife do things to help those in need or less fortunate.

vCash
    He has taken our football program to 'places' I was only able to hope for/wish for in the last 60+ years, and he has done it in a way that can be applauded. I certainly am thankful to KJWS that he got us to the SEC championship game in '98, but I am now seeing consistency over a period of years longer than at any other time. My only regret is that my father-in-law did not live long enough to see and experience this era of MSU sports. He was of the Class of '29. Class of '62 for me.

vCash
    Everyone expects a down year, but if we win 8-9 games and Mullen hangs around... Look out! 2017 & 2018 could be REALLY special.

vCash
    Dan is really similar to Mississippi State and I believe thats why he is such a great fit for starkville, much like the culture of State:

1. He works hard, quietly and does not really get recognized for it
    2. He sometimes loses in recruiting because he refuses to "cross the line" or go against what he believes is best
    3. He sometimes chokes under pressure
    4. Once you get to know him, you love him and feel at home around him ( I do not know him personally, but see how players react to him)

feel free to add other similarities

vCash
    He said he came to MSU to win the SEC West, the SEC Championship, and a National Title, even while they laughed.
    Then in 2014 we became the first team ranked #1 in the new format that replaced the BCS. Stayed there for 5 weeks, losing to Bama and therefore losing motivation to keep that edge.

They stopped laughing.

He's got the drive to get us to the next level of college football. Not sure if he can overcome Saban and his machine, but it wouldn't surprise me if he finds a way in a few years.

vCash
    He's going to be our Frank Beamer

vCash
    I like Mullen because...........

he's married to Megan. She's a sweetie. I also agree on all of the above.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    I certainly hope so. I remember when Va. Tech was VPI and when you saw one of their scores you were like, who in the heck is that?

vCash
    I pretty much agree with everything here, except maybe the choke part.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    My thought exactly. Beamer had a good run but it didn't happen over night.

vCash
    Dan has character and integrity and is a straight shooter. I never thought I would live to see us in 6 bowl games in a row, and counting much less be ranked #1. His work isn't done and our future is brighter than it's ever been. When a down year at MSU is 7 or 8 wins that tells you what the man has accomplished. Some will say well it's much easier to get to a bowl game now but if it's that easy why haven't all 14 teams in the sec been to 6 in a row? #HailState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Dan has character and integrity and is a straight shooter. I never thought I would live to see us in 6 bowl games in a row, and counting much less be ranked #1. His work isn't done and our future is brighter than it's ever been. When a down year at MSU is 7 or 8 wins that tells you what the man has accomplished. Some will say well it's much easier to get to a bowl game now but if it's that easy why haven't all 14 teams in the sec been to 6 in a row? #HailState
    Yep... I was one of those fans thinking it way more easier to get to a bowl game now (I mean JWS had two yrs of 7-4 and we didn't get a bowl bid), but then I saw that UK hasn't been since 2010! Holy hell!!

vCash
    Dan Mullen has taken us to a place we have never been in modern history! He did it with a less than 3* player named Dak, who he recognized as a leader in a summer camp. Then he developed him into the greatest quarterback we have ever had. He probably was discouraged by having to recruit against the cheating tsun. The NCAA penalties (tsun) forthcoming has give him new energy, evidenced by the 2017 upcoming class. Hang with this man he has already put us in the national conversation and he will bring us back to that talk.

vCash
    I like Mullen because...... He pisses Bear fans off worse than when their ex wife hires her new boyfriend as her attorney and takes all their shit!

vCash
    I stand by Dan.

He's a genuine guy who understands the overall game at a high level. He's respected by his peers, the AFCA made him the regional COTY in 2014 and elected him to their Board of Trustees in 2016.

He seems to relate to, and care for his players. Over a long period of time the locker room vibe has seemed positive 95% of the time. What I think he's done best is develop and run the "program". He's a good recruiter and good game day coach. He's been a great program manager.

vCash
    Mullen > JWS