Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is it that every other SEC school on their SEC Network takeover day...

vCash

Why is it that every other SEC school on their SEC Network takeover day...

Is showing old classic football wins, etc, and we are showing the Belk Bowl tomorrow night in prime time. Are you kidding me? Last night FL vs. FSU in '97 Sugar bowl, tonight UGA vs. FL in 1980, and Hershall Walker in Sugar Bowl vs. Notre Dame, and we get last year's Belk Bowl. I hope we didn't choose this stuff, because I can name several better wins than that, just from 2014.

vCash
    We should have the Great Eight win to get to the Final Four on there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Is showing old classic football wins, etc, and we are showing the Belk Bowl tomorrow night in prime time. Are you kidding me? Last night FL vs. FSU in '97 Sugar bowl, tonight UGA vs. FL in 1980, and Hershall Walker in Sugar Bowl vs. Notre Dame, and we get last year's Belk Bowl. I hope we didn't choose this stuff, because I can name several better wins than that, just from 2014.

I hear you, thinking the same thing. I think they pick it, doubt we have anything to do with it. Probably is determined by some people who have no idea about what we'd like to see, and what they can easily get a hold of and put on.

vCash
    Seems like we could at least make a request.

vCash
    I thought last year it was up to the school. Kinda the whole student run show stuff

vCash
    We should be showing the Thurs night game vs. FL in early '90's when Shane Matthews got taken out of the Heisman race. Michael Davis please.

vCash
    Could be trying to draw in some Cowboys fans that want to watch Dak

vCash
    I'd rather see that beatdown of Michigan...
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    We should be showing the Thurs night game vs. FL in early '90's when Shane Matthews got taken out of the Heisman race. Michael Davis please.
    This post brought a tear to my eye. Might have been my freshman year in the student section. Freshman or sophomore year so it was 91 or 92. Great game I'll never forget. I threw milk bone dog biscuits at Matthews all night. I am still shocked I didn't get arrested that night. Security took my cowbell.
    Don't tell my kids!

vCash
    Everything we are showing is from the last school year. That is by design.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    This post brought a tear to my eye. Might have been my freshman year in the student section. Freshman or sophomore year so it was 91 or 92. Great game I'll never forget. I threw milk bone dog biscuits at Matthews all night. I am still shocked I didn't get arrested that night. Security took my cowbell.
    Don't tell my kids!
    It was fall of '92 - I was a sophomore too. I stayed out all night and chugged a Beast Lite then walked into my 8:00 German lab like a boss.

vCash

/thread
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    It was fall of '92 - I was a sophomore too. I stayed out all night and chugged a Beast Lite then walked into my 8:00 German lab like a boss.
    The good old days!

vCash
    I was disappointed with the lineup. Give me the kick pick, the Snow Bowl, or beating Auburn on any of those great occasions.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Pretty crappy lineup if you ask me by whomever picked it out. Show the CWS vs. Oregon State, the 1999 Egg Bowl, and the 1996 elite 8.

The only thing worth watching is the baseball game vs Arkansas. I wish they would show 1980 Alabama with Jack calling the game. That would be awesome!

vCash
    Incredibly lame lineup

vCash
    The decision of the lineup was obviously made by people who don't care for MSU. Which is ESPN. Shocker.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    The decision of the lineup was obviously made by people who don't care for MSU. Which is ESPN. Shocker.
    Well that explains volleyball and softball getting selected for the take over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    We made the decision to show stuff just from last year. Overall the athletic department had one of its best years of all time.

vCash
    I still doubt we pick it. Heard an OM guy complaining that on their day one of the games they showed was an eggbowl loss, may have been 2009 but I'm not 100%. I didn't watch any of it so I have no idea if thst was true or not. But if it was true then there is NO WAY the school decides.
    And I just don't see us not picking some of the classics.
    I think SECN makes the call and they are just lazy when it comes to us.