Thread: Question about RVs for home games

vCash

Question about RVs for home games

My folks are coming for the South Carolina game and are bringing an RV. What day to they need to get there to get a good spot, and where should they/can they park? Any help is appreciated.

vCash
    http://www.fanguide.msstate.edu/parking/rv.php 10AM day before the game. Unless they want to park at the Horse Park.

vCash
    All on campus spots are reserved.
    They will probably have to stay at the Horse Park.

vCash
    Yea, all spots on campus are reserved. I'm not sure if you can make reservations for the Horse Park or if its first come first served. The only other options would be the Old county lake campground that Standsbury bought or there is a park out past Clayton Village but I don't know the name of it.

vCash
    There's also a new one down Spring street I believe. Not sure the name of it either.

vCash
    I've stayed at the Horse Park. I like it. Even has a shuttle to/from the game that drops you off/picks you up in front of the Forestry building.

Online reservations/payment...Prices are good too.
    Last edited by Bama_Dawg; 07-21-2016 at 10:38 AM. Reason: additional info

vCash
    Blackjack...not spring street on the one I was mentioning. Here is an aerial shot of it. Still don't know the name.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Blackjack...not spring street on the one I was mentioning. Here is an aerial shot of it. Still don't know the name.

I'm not sure but I think those rent by the season and not per game.

vCash
    Thats Starville Station and they are owned by the individual RV owners. No renting unless through the individual owner. There are a couple for sale in the $55000.00 range but thats a little steep for South Carolina, Bama maybe?

vCash
    $55k to have a spot to park an RV for a few games a year? Wow. There's a lot of people with more money than sense.

vCash
    I went to the meeting when they were selling pre construction for 35K and thought the exact same thing. Now 5 years later they are selling for over 50K, wouldn't have been a bad investment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    My folks are coming for the South Carolina game and are bringing an RV. What day to they need to get there to get a good spot, and where should they/can they park? Any help is appreciated.
    My folks have a camper and have set up at The Pines a few times. I think they have week end/weekly/monthly rates for campers/rv. You might could give them a call and look into reserving a spot.

vCash
    Is that rv storage on the westside?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    There's also a new one down Spring street I believe. Not sure the name of it either.
    Yeah isn't there one right there before you get to College Station on the right hand side...across street from the Hampton Inn?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    Is that rv storage on the westside?
    2 and 3 bedroom cottages. It was originally going to be Phase two of the RV park but he built cottages instead.

vCash
    Another option is the new KOA at Oktibbeha County Lake. They take online reservations. LINK

vCash
    Horse park will be the way to go for them. There is more of a game day atmosphere at the horse park on game weekends, it's basically tailgating all weekend long. You can book online here: https://mshorsepark.com/facility-tour/rv-

vCash
    Thanks for the info... I guess horse park is the way to go unless we can buy a 1 day pass from someone.